Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Personal financial consultant OCBC (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5483-personal-financial-consultant-oversea-chinese-banking-corporation.html)

Hopenoone 01-07-2015 11:17 AM

Personal financial consultant OCBC

Hi everyone, can anyone with experience in the industry give some hints or tips on how to succeed?

Also can anyone brief me more about the actual jobscope and how to handle it well?

Unregistered 01-07-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopenoone (Post 69229)
Hi everyone, can anyone with experience in the industry give some hints or tips on how to succeed?

Also can anyone brief me more about the actual jobscope and how to handle it well?

Nothing much really, it's just a typical entry level sales job. You will mostly be selling insurance & investment products to the masses.

Unregistered 01-07-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopenoone (Post 69229)

Firstly, are you a female? If you are one, on a scale of 1 to 10, how chio do you rate yourself? Anything below rating 6, just compensate by wearing low cuts, clothings to enhance your figure. If need be, you can provide value-added services under the table.

Unregistered 01-07-2015 10:23 PM

Not a female

Hi guys, I am not a female and I find some of the comments kinda demeaning to the females in the industry.

Unregistered 02-07-2015 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69274)
Hi guys, I am not a female and I find some of the comments kinda demeaning to the females in the industry.

Dude, welcome to the real world.

Unregistered 02-07-2015 11:26 AM

they tell u to sell what u sell what lor. go sweet talk the uncle auntie act like a banker to impress normal pmes to buy products lor. very simple & straightfoward job.

Unregistered 02-07-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Jokes aside, its basically a sales job. Can you talk well? Present yourself well? Have the ability to get your friends and clients to buy your stories?

Other than that, you have quota / sales figures to meet every month.. some admin duties here and there.. Well basically its a sales job.

P.S - Not a PFC but am working in an FI.

Unregistered 02-07-2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

hard truths in today's society. then why so many wear low-cut?

Unregistered 02-07-2015 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69342)
hard truths in today's society. then why so many wear low-cut?

No lah. Weather hot mah. Wear low cuts and tank tops, tight mini skirt practically can see the shape of their bums.

Then again, being a guy, im not complaining it.

Unregistered 03-07-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69341)
Jokes aside, its basically a sales job. Can you talk well? Present yourself well? Have the ability to get your friends and clients to buy your stories?

Other than that, you have quota / sales figures to meet every month.. some admin duties here and there.. Well basically its a sales job.

P.S - Not a PFC but am working in an FI.

Hi there, thanks for the reply.
Btw what's the target like, while looking around the forums I see words like "impossible", "unattainable" and "unrealistic" which are words that would really scare someone undetermined off. Obviously everyone is there to succeed, that's why it's kinda unsettling to see the same people dishing out these words.