Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Boarding Officer (maritime) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5477-boarding-officer-maritime.html)

derschloss 29-06-2015 09:13 PM

Boarding Officer (maritime)

Hi all,

Currently I am been offer for Boarding Officer(maritime),

Can anyone tell me more about this job and life in it. Does it has any career progression. Will it give me a better future in a few years time compare to those bank job.

My career objective is basically aim for high pay.
Thanks

Unregistered 29-06-2015 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derschloss (Post 69142)
Hi all,

Currently I am been offer for Boarding Officer(maritime),

Can anyone tell me more about this job and life in it. Does it has any career progression. Will it give me a better future in a few years time compare to those bank job.

My career objective is basically aim for high pay.
Thanks

PSA? I think the whole of SG only PSA + a few niche co. hire for this job. Pro - job security cauz very niche, con - limited progression, not many co. u can go for in the market

derschloss 29-06-2015 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69148)
PSA? I think the whole of SG only PSA + a few niche co. hire for this job. Pro - job security cauz very niche, con - limited progression, not many co. u can go for in the market

Thanks for the reply.
I mean with the exp of been a boarding officer for 1-2 years, will it allow me to enter field such as ship broker / charterer. As my ultimate aim are those 2 related field.

Need more review thanks everyone.

Unregistered 30-06-2015 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derschloss (Post 69149)
Thanks for the reply.
I mean with the exp of been a boarding officer for 1-2 years, will it allow me to enter field such as ship broker / charterer. As my ultimate aim are those 2 related field.

what talking u? boarding officer is a field job, what has it got to do with ship broker other than both got to do with ship?

derschloss 30-06-2015 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69182)
what talking u? boarding officer is a field job, what has it got to do with ship broker other than both got to do with ship?

Hi, you mean boarding officer job exp had totally no use for ship broker/ charterer? Thanks for the headup.

Unregistered 30-06-2015 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derschloss (Post 69186)
Hi, you mean boarding officer job exp had totally no use for ship broker/ charterer? Thanks for the headup.

Do you even know what a boarding officer does everyday? That's like asking if joining a bank as a teller will gain exp next time to be a banking trader.

Unregistered 01-07-2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derschloss (Post 69149)
Thanks for the reply.

PSA does not have boarding officers. Do you mean boarding officer for shipping agents or PCG? Either way that will not lead you on the route to being a ship broker or charterer. Do more research and don't just type some random questions hoping for people to spoon feed it to you.

Unregistered 06-07-2015 12:37 AM

my first job as boarding in 2005. then went owners shop 07. change to charterer shop 09, change again another charterer shop 11 till now. never say never. keep your eyes open and attitude humble.

*end of spoon feed*