Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Credit Suisse salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5331-credit-suisse-salary.html)

Overmyhead 30-05-2015 02:21 AM

Credit Suisse salary

Hi, anyone can share what is the pay and bonus (abt 2-3 years experience) like in CS risk/ control function and prospects? Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 30-05-2015 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overmyhead (Post 67384)
Hi, anyone can share what is the pay and bonus (abt 2-3 years experience) like in CS risk/ control function and prospects? Thanks in advance!

Easily 50k pa, if you are mobile and have opportunity to move to any country, then sky's the limit!

Unregistered 30-05-2015 09:49 PM

Why not join govt?

Starting 50-55k for 2nd upper local uni

Overmyhead 31-05-2015 12:14 AM

thanks for the replies. Well im in govt now.. 50k is indeed lower than what im getting in govt. Any idea how many months bonus they pay for risk/control function? Quite surprised that banks pay less than govt.....

Unregistered 31-05-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overmyhead (Post 67426)
thanks for the replies. Well im in govt now.. 50k is indeed lower than what im getting in govt. Any idea how many months bonus they pay for risk/control function? Quite surprised that banks pay less than govt.....

think long term young lad.

Bank isn't underpaying u... The government is overpaying to lock u in.

Stay a few more years and u will find yourself out of touch with the society.. That's when your pay stagnates and the bankers pay starts going way higher than u can imagine

But of course it comes with long hours. Want to be mediocre then stay in govt.

Unregistered 31-05-2015 03:36 PM

Actually this is untrue,

Factor in the bonus payout and that govt salary is constantly re-adjusted upwards,
end up govt pays more than bank control functions.. for the average performer.

Bonus is ard 1.5-3.5 months in banks risk/control.
Market/credit risk > ops risk

Unregistered 31-05-2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67457)
Actually this is untrue,

Factor in the bonus payout and that govt salary is constantly re-adjusted upwards,
end up govt pays more than bank control functions.. for the average performer.

Bonus is ard 1.5-3.5 months in banks risk/control.
Market/credit risk > ops risk

are you living in a pothole mate?

Avp in banks easily get 7-10 grand.... vP 12+++ I am talking about investment banks here not your off the mill maybank...

Try translating that into ur civil service rank. That's probably too end of your CeP

Overmyhead 31-05-2015 09:47 PM

thanks.. i need no convincing to leave govt... it really makes one become mediocre.... at least from my own experience... and while it is nice being on the receiving end of high pay and bonus, it does not make sense to pay average performers high bonus despite average performance - it does not incentivise people to work hard at all....

market risk and credit risk.... can i know what are their prospects? i heard product control pays quite well but its like another deadend/ops job? is that true?

Unregistered 01-06-2015 09:14 AM

I am a vp working in mkt risk with an investment bank.
Total annual compensation work out to be SGD 287k.
Highly stress environment but rewarding.

Unregistered 01-06-2015 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67489)
I am a vp working in mkt risk with an investment bank.
Total annual compensation work out to be SGD 287k.
Highly stress environment but rewarding.

I muz say that u need good interpersonal skills(smoking helps), good technical excel/vba, access, understanding of risk/pnl, able to translate problems into solution, timeseries modeling and be outspoken.