Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Asking for advise, fresh graduate seeking first job (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5242-asking-advise-fresh-graduate-seeking-first-job.html)

aNakalimz 04-05-2015 04:46 PM

Asking for advise, fresh graduate seeking first job

Hi, I am graduating this May from UOL-SIM, most probably with lower second honour degree. Previously, I have worked part-time few times as customer service relates job (sales, waiter). I also have sent many resumes either to recruitment firms or directly employers. So far, only 2 companies have called for interview and few asked to do assessment and no further confirmation. The question here is, is this really normal not to get answered back ? And, is there any advise anyone can give me ? Such as find specific company with vacancies, not from websites such as jobstreet or jobsdb ? Improving the chance of getting job ?
Notes: I am foreigner. Don't spam or flame here if you are not happy with my post, because I am only asking for advise.
Thank you very much

Unregistered 04-05-2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aNakalimz (Post 66296)
Hi, I am graduating this May from UOL-SIM, most probably with lower second honour degree. Previously, I have worked part-time few times as customer service relates job (sales, waiter). I also have sent many resumes either to recruitment firms or directly employers. So far, only 2 companies have called for interview and few asked to do assessment and no further confirmation. The question here is, is this really normal not to get answered back ? And, is there any advise anyone can give me ? Such as find specific company with vacancies, not from websites such as jobstreet or jobsdb ? Improving the chance of getting job ?
Notes: I am foreigner. Don't spam or flame here if you are not happy with my post, because I am only asking for advise.
Thank you very much

perfectly normal for entry level jobs. esp since ur deg is pte and just 2nd lower, just keep appylying and move on everyday, most agents / co. will not bother to update if ur rejected.

just apply a few jobs everyday and treat any feedback as bonus

Unregistered 04-05-2015 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66299)
perfectly normal for entry level jobs. esp since ur deg is pte and just 2nd lower, just keep appylying and move on everyday, most agents / co. will not bother to update if ur rejected.

just apply a few jobs everyday and treat any feedback as bonus

I appreciate your advise very much, thank you.

Unregistered 04-05-2015 05:43 PM

How many resume have you sent? FYI I have sent probably more than one thousand resumes in my entire career and got rejected for numerous occasions.

I am an engineer and right now at my skill level, I have been many interviews when I am far far far more competent than the hiring mangers and their engineers and they reject me for my talent.

In this world, you just need some luck.

I know talk is cheap, and I suffered lots of set back and I understand your feelings.

Unregistered 04-05-2015 09:09 PM

How many resumes sent till date

Unregistered 04-05-2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aNakalimz (Post 66296)
Thank you very much

What is your expected salary?

Unregistered 04-05-2015 09:41 PM

What industry?

Gosh. Please furnish as much info as possible before asking

Unregistered 04-05-2015 11:12 PM

you can use a recruiter.

Unregistered 05-05-2015 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66303)
How many resume have you sent? FYI I have sent probably more than one thousand resumes in my entire career and got rejected for numerous occasions.

I am an engineer and right now at my skill level, I have been many interviews when I am far far far more competent than the hiring mangers and their engineers and they reject me for my talent.

In this world, you just need some luck.

I know talk is cheap, and I suffered lots of set back and I understand your feelings.

Well I am not sure myself how many resumes I have sent, but they are a lot.

Unregistered 05-05-2015 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66326)
What industry?

Gosh. Please furnish as much info as possible before asking

Well I will not picky about which industry, I just want to get finance related job. Any advise ?