Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Banks' Pay and Bonuses (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5211-banks-pay-bonuses.html)

Unregistered 01-06-2015 09:36 AM

The downs is strong in this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67433)
What a ****ing cunt of a loser who doesn't know **** or anyone in those circles.

Really hopeless. Asset management ISN'T paid the same as IB. HHHAHAHAHHAA. Real joke.

I dare you to verify your claims. Stop repeating lame ****, ****ing poser.

Unregistered 01-06-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67488)
I would actually argue that alot of bankers have transferable skills to hedge funds...especially HFs that employ a fundamental bottom up strategy. In fact, investment bankers have MORE transferable skills compared to traders. If you're a trader in say a macro product such as FX or rates, then yes...perhaps a role in a macro fund would be perfect but in almost all other HFs that employ a different strategy, bankers have the better skill set to transfer. A sell-side trader mainly trades flow and manages risk; very little detailed security analysis involved...how is that transferable at all to a non-macro oriented HF?

I'm not sure I agree with this. Sell-side traders also do detailed analysis of securities, and are way more versatile than most ibankers than I know.

From the backgrounds of all the hedge fund people that I know, almost all come from trading backgrounds. They tend to follow the traditional Danny Yong pedigree tbh.

Unregistered 01-06-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67433)
What a ****ing cunt of a loser who doesn't know **** or anyone in those circles.

Really hopeless. Asset management ISN'T paid the same as IB. HHHAHAHAHHAA. Real joke.

I dare you to verify your claims. Stop repeating lame ****, ****ing poser.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67440)
So angry for what? Why take it so personally? Was that your pride and ego speaking?

It was his ignorance speaking.

Unregistered 01-06-2015 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67495)
I'm not sure I agree with this. Sell-side traders also do detailed analysis of securities, and are way more versatile than most ibankers than I know.

From the backgrounds of all the hedge fund people that I know, almost all come from trading backgrounds. They tend to follow the traditional Danny Yong pedigree tbh.

Don't mean to be rude here and I understand where you're coming from but we definitely do not cover securities in detail on a daily basis and we are, contrary to popular belief, less versatile and more specialized than the average investment banker. As a sell side trader, one is usually specialized in trading flow (rarely prop these days with the volcker rule) for a SINGLE security (i.e. Morgan Stanley's 10 year bond on the IG desks which is under the overarching credit "department")...you tend to take risks and manage inventory day to day for that one particular security/fx pair/whatever you're assigned to trade. We definitely do little to no modeling type work (structuring does more but even then, they are modeling to price exotics mainly rather than your clear cut company valuations).

PE and fundamental type HFs are common exit opps for investment bankers and rarely do you get a sell side trader going into fundamental hedge funds (macro type funds are big though for traders on macro products desks). PE for sell side traders especially is close to impossible because sell-side traders, as mentioned before, do little to no modeling work on a daily basis compared to investment bankers (mostly M&A but also at times from the coverage groups) who churn out models and tables all day.

Hope this provides a little bit of insight.

Unregistered 04-06-2015 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67492)
The downs is strong in this one.

HAHAHAHAHA that's a great way to put it!

Unregistered 04-06-2015 04:34 PM

Better than a lot of the losers on this forum who talk rubbish and try to act smart.

Totally useless losers: must be real clowns in life.

Unregistered 04-06-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67633)
Better than a lot of the losers on this forum who talk rubbish and try to act smart.

Totally useless losers: must be real clowns in life.

So bitter.

villan 04-06-2015 07:16 PM

anyone knows what the salary of an associate in SCB ‎Strategic Planning dept?

Unregistered 04-06-2015 07:46 PM

Strategic salary

Unregistered 04-06-2015 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67495)

Sell side traders? You mean sell backside traders?