Banks' Pay and Bonuses - Page 8 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Banks' Pay and Bonuses

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #71 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2015, 11:22 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

What a ****ing cunt of a loser who doesn't know **** or anyone in those circles.

Really hopeless. Asset management ISN'T paid the same as IB. HHHAHAHAHHAA. Real joke.

I dare you to verify your claims. Stop repeating lame ****, ****ing poser.

Reply With Quote
  #72 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2015, 12:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What a ****ing cunt of a loser who doesn't know **** or anyone in those circles.

Really hopeless. Asset management ISN'T paid the same as IB. HHHAHAHAHHAA. Real joke.

I dare you to verify your claims. Stop repeating lame ****, ****ing poser.
So angry for what? Why take it so personally? Was that your pride and ego speaking?

Reply With Quote
  #73 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So angry for what? Why take it so personally? Was that your pride and ego speaking?
Haha, I'm a different poster from the above. But I have to agree that people who likes to talk rubbish when they don't know much are really irritating though. Just like the person who said the following:

"Wrong, previous comment about the compensation (9.6k) in front office positions at bulge brackets is correct. Why is this so hard to believe? We are talking about the biggest banks here... Must be another kuku bird who isn't in FO."

If you don't have accurate and reliable first-hand information, why would you want to give wrong information to others?

Having said that, we should chill a little here. As long as you're in BB FO, the pay would be way above the average. The difference between that 9.6k and 8.5k isn't all that much. If you're arguing over that 1.1k difference, it is likely more about ego rather than about satisfying your personal needs.

And yes, FO employees in BBs are paid differently across the IB/AM/WM/ER divisions.

Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2015, 03:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Haha, I'm a different poster from the above. But I have to agree that people who likes to talk rubbish when they don't know much are really irritating though. Just like the person who said the following:

"Wrong, previous comment about the compensation (9.6k) in front office positions at bulge brackets is correct. Why is this so hard to believe? We are talking about the biggest banks here... Must be another kuku bird who isn't in FO."

If you don't have accurate and reliable first-hand information, why would you want to give wrong information to others?

Having said that, we should chill a little here. As long as you're in BB FO, the pay would be way above the average. The difference between that 9.6k and 8.5k isn't all that much. If you're arguing over that 1.1k difference, it is likely more about ego rather than about satisfying your personal needs.

And yes, FO employees in BBs are paid differently across the IB/AM/WM/ER divisions.
Hi you seem very well informed...

Do u know the range between FO for those divisions?

I heard a PB ARM gets about 4-5k... Not sure about Er,am trading and ibd
Reply With Quote
  #75 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

And yes, FO employees in BBs are paid differently across the IB/AM/WM/ER divisions.
Exactly, they are paid differently across various divisions.

But the difference isn't all that minuscule because it adds up (across salary and bonuses).
Reply With Quote
  #76 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi you seem very well informed...

Do u know the range between FO for those divisions?

I heard a PB ARM gets about 4-5k... Not sure about Er,am trading and ibd
Which bank and function do you want to know? S&T and IB are usually paid around the same while there is a greater variance amongst AM/WM depending on bank and function.
Reply With Quote

  #77 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2015, 06:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which bank and function do you want to know? S&T and IB are usually paid around the same while there is a greater variance amongst AM/WM depending on bank and function.
well would be great if u could list those that u know? I've always wondered if the AM or pb guys get more than us...

I work in a Bb 2nd year and I draw about 13k basic these days... Bonus not much though...

Thinking if it's worth the effort to jump ship. Feel underpaid
Reply With Quote
  #78 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
well would be great if u could list those that u know? I've always wondered if the AM or pb guys get more than us...

I work in a Bb 2nd year and I draw about 13k basic these days... Bonus not much though...

Thinking if it's worth the effort to jump ship. Feel underpaid
Why not jump into PE/HF?

PB: I would not jump into PB unless I know I can secure clients. Base will definitely not be that high. I'm not too sure about this, but I think that JPM pays the highest here; probably slightly below $8k/mth? The other banks (non-bb) usually pay <$6k/mth. Your future compensation will be determined by how many clients you can secure. If you're not able to get a minimum number of clients, you would likely to be cut-off after a number of years.

I'm not sure about AM though. Fresh grad $8.5k/mth for BB sounds about right.
Reply With Quote
  #79 (permalink)  
Old 31-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why not jump into PE/HF?

PB: I would not jump into PB unless I know I can secure clients. Base will definitely not be that high. I'm not too sure about this, but I think that JPM pays the highest here; probably slightly below $8k/mth? The other banks (non-bb) usually pay <$6k/mth. Your future compensation will be determined by how many clients you can secure. If you're not able to get a minimum number of clients, you would likely to be cut-off after a number of years.

I'm not sure about AM though. Fresh grad $8.5k/mth for BB sounds about right.
Are you in the finance industry?

Because PE is so ridiculously small here that it makes no sense to jump into PE. Maybe, better hours... But the pay from many of the shops are crap.

Hedge fund...? Few ibankers have transferable skills to hedge fund and they rarely transit over; unless he's in a trader role?
Reply With Quote
  #80 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2015, 04:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you in the finance industry?

Because PE is so ridiculously small here that it makes no sense to jump into PE. Maybe, better hours... But the pay from many of the shops are crap.

Hedge fund...? Few ibankers have transferable skills to hedge fund and they rarely transit over; unless he's in a trader role?
I would actually argue that alot of bankers have transferable skills to hedge funds...especially HFs that employ a fundamental bottom up strategy. In fact, investment bankers have MORE transferable skills compared to traders. If you're a trader in say a macro product such as FX or rates, then yes...perhaps a role in a macro fund would be perfect but in almost all other HFs that employ a different strategy, bankers have the better skill set to transfer. A sell-side trader mainly trades flow and manages risk; very little detailed security analysis involved...how is that transferable at all to a non-macro oriented HF?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annual increment and bonuses at NUH and NUS darkstar Income and Jobs 3 19-01-2014 04:10 PM
Bonuses !! uturn Income and Jobs 50 19-03-2013 09:54 PM
IT in banks sochews Income and Jobs 7 08-12-2011 09:45 AM
More Pay and Bonuses for Teachers Salary.sg Income and Jobs 7 05-12-2009 06:45 PM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,322 Replies, 2,801,465 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,044 Replies, 1,667,897 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,888 Replies, 1,005,506 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
440 Replies, 141,959 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
508 Replies, 186,330 Views
Htx ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
57 Replies, 7,055 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,468 Replies, 461,423 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
113 Replies, 71,649 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,507 Replies, 5,323,724 Views
OCBC Bank
2 Replies, 116 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
627 Replies, 325,294 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,476 Replies, 686,922 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,491 Replies, 2,753,560 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,296 Replies, 7,863,866 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
761 Replies, 369,443 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
192 Replies, 73,926 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
102 Replies, 91,166 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,446 Replies, 1,609,701 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 6,410 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
871 Replies, 267,228 Views
Mizuho Securities
0 Replies, 53 Views
Mizuho Financial Group
0 Replies, 46 Views
Jeppesen
0 Replies, 26 Views
Boeing
0 Replies, 33 Views
Vital Limited
0 Replies, 43 Views
PMO (Prime Minister's Office...
0 Replies, 83 Views
Amazon
0 Replies, 47 Views
PayPal
0 Replies, 46 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
371 Replies, 131,403 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
452 Replies, 200,619 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2