Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Banks' Pay and Bonuses (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5211-banks-pay-bonuses.html)

Unregistered 02-07-2021 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 176316)
Depends what is the MO role and the BO role respectively. Think it's too premature to judge just based on whether it's middle or bank - and frankly, it doesn't matter too much if you're MO/BO, you are still a cost centre. But hearsay citi has better processes and technology

what about risk related vs settlements? saw opening for these roles

Unregistered 08-09-2021 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 168115)
3 years exp in Ocbc branch rm

The question is what is your last drawn pay and how well did you perform in ocbc

Unregistered 08-09-2021 10:04 AM

For those in BO/MO functions looking for higher pay, may also want to consider asset management sector? I know some AMs pay better than banks in local and non BB. The work may be tougher as some operate at smaller manpower resource scale, so will need to take more initiatives and of course longer hours. Meanwhile, add on some technical skills to support your BO/MO work experience. Now many roles need you to be like an octopus, to know a little of everything.

Unregistered 08-09-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182399)
For those in BO/MO functions looking for higher pay, may also want to consider asset management sector? I know some AMs pay better than banks in local and non BB. The work may be tougher as some operate at smaller manpower resource scale, so will need to take more initiatives and of course longer hours. Meanwhile, add on some technical skills to support your BO/MO work experience. Now many roles need you to be like an octopus, to know a little of everything.

How much is considered good for MO or BO? Say by age 30 for males, all in annual package

Unregistered 08-09-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182402)
How much is considered good for MO or BO? Say by age 30 for males, all in annual package

This is a very wide qn. It depends ultimately on the yrs of experience, the organisation, the exact role, the work involved, the individual performance, etc.
It can range anything between 4K to 8K pm. Bonus really depends on the organisation, and the economy. Ranging from 1 to 5 months or even more.

Even in the financial industry as a whole, the same title "associate" or "avp", may refer to very different level of work. Some avp work and responsibilities may equivalent to vp roles elsewhere, while some avp roles might be an associate level kind of responsibilities. Hence even for the same exact title, same BO/MO functions, the pay can be very different in different organisations.

Unregistered 08-09-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Not from the finance industry, but I would say anything above 10k per month is considered good?

Unregistered 08-09-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182416)
Not from the finance industry, but I would say anything above 10k per month is considered good?

10k per month base for a middle office function by that age is probably the top 1% if it were even possible to hit that amount.

Unregistered 08-09-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Interested too

Unregistered 08-09-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182417)
10k per month base for a middle office function by that age is probably the top 1% if it were even possible to hit that amount.

Agree - would not support using 10k as a figure for BO/MO at age 25 since this is an anomaly more than anything.

For males who graduated from local u, they start working at around age 25. Can dream if you want to earn 10k after five years of working exp. By age 35 may be more possible.

Would say average for a BO/MO at age 30 should be around 5k - 7k.

Unregistered 08-09-2021 07:11 PM

I consider myself an average 30 year old male* in the finance industry.

*Got serve 2 years National Service, got a 4 year Bachelor Degree, got between 3 to 5 years of working experience.

I’m earning $5,500 and my personal observation is I see most of my peers are earning similar amounts. To me it’s decent, not fantastic, but not terrible. I will almost surely hit $6,000 (CPF limit) before my 32nd birthday.

If you’re looking for “good”, I would say around 7k at 30 years old.

Just my personal view… almost certain someone will come along to disagree. You are entitled to your views and I will not be replying to anyone or looking to argue.

Unregistered 08-09-2021 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182417)

Some above average people can hit VP by 30. That should be at least 9k base, I think.

Unregistered 09-09-2021 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182441)
Some above average people can hit VP by 30. That should be at least 9k base, I think.

9k base for middle office? No chance in hell.

Unregistered 09-09-2021 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182431)

*Got serve 2 years National Service, got a 4 year Bachelor Degree, got between 3 to 5 years of working experience.

I’m earning $5,500 and my personal observation is I see most of my peers are earning similar amounts. To me it’s decent, not fantastic, but not terrible. I will almost surely hit $6,000 (CPF limit) before my 32nd birthday.

Just my personal view… almost certain someone will come along to disagree. You are entitled to your views and I will not be replying to anyone or looking to argue.

This is a reasonable reply

Unregistered 09-09-2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182431)

How many months is the annual package?

Unregistered 09-09-2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182455)

No chance in hell? Am in a top tier BB and you can alr hit 9k as a senior assoc. VP starts beyond 10, if more YOE your base @ VP will be even higher.

Unregistered 09-09-2021 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182502)
No chance in hell? Am in a top tier BB and you can alr hit 9k as a senior assoc. VP starts beyond 10, if more YOE your base @ VP will be even higher.

In your dreams bank ah?

Unregistered 09-09-2021 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182508)
In your dreams bank ah?

Why so salty?

Just go on MCF. Currently work at one of these: GS/JPM/MS.

Unregistered 09-09-2021 11:28 PM

Quote:

Your bank from senior assoc go straight to VP one ah?

Unregistered 09-09-2021 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182518)
Your bank from senior assoc go straight to VP one ah?

why you wasting time talking to this guy from local bank^?

he obv think there’s an AVP role in between. fyi, bulges (esp American bulges) typically go from analyst > associate > some have senior associate (depending on bank/dept) > VP > ED > MD.

Unregistered 09-09-2021 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182521)
why you wasting time talking to this guy from local bank^?

he obv think there’s an AVP role in between. fyi, bulges (esp American bulges) typically go from analyst > associate > some have senior associate (depending on bank/dept) > VP > ED > MD.

Oh didn't know Citi, CS etc weren't BBs. Whoops. Guess someone is the new authority on BBs.

Unregistered 10-09-2021 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182523)
Oh didn't know Citi, CS etc weren't BBs. Whoops. Guess someone is the new authority on BBs.

Agreed that both Citi and CS have avp ranks - for CS, analyst/associate role is just officer and then goes to avp -> vp etc from there

Unregistered 10-09-2021 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182455)

Lol I'm alr getting abv 10k in buy side middle office with 3 year exp. Just keep living in your own local bank fish tank ok

Unregistered 10-09-2021 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182534)
Lol I'm alr getting abv 10k in buy side middle office with 3 year exp. Just keep living in your own local bank fish tank ok

Local bankers got small time mentality mah, what you expect :o

Unregistered 10-09-2021 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182523)

OP said top tier. Citi ain’t top-tier, certainly not in this location & CS ain’t American. Thanks for playing local bank grinder.

Unregistered 10-09-2021 02:17 PM

Quote:

So in conclusion, I guess 10k is considered avg/slightly above avg for someone in early 30s in top-tier banks, and >=15k would be considered good?
And for local bank, 7k -> avg, while >10k is considered good?

Unregistered 10-09-2021 03:01 PM

I bet nobody will believe me but when I was still in school, there were talks of a dean lister getting 10k for his internship at front office investment banking.

Unregistered 10-09-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182570)
I bet nobody will believe me but when I was still in school, there were talks of a dean lister getting 10k for his internship at front office investment banking.

Normal what.

Unregistered 10-09-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182558)
OP said top tier. Citi ain’t top-tier, certainly not in this location & CS ain’t American. Thanks for playing local bank grinder.

argument can also be made that cs is prolly no longer a bb as well. too many scandals liao, their reputation is really bad now and clients are bringing deals elsewhere

Unregistered 10-09-2021 06:40 PM

Inb4 bank of America also considered top tier.

Unregistered 12-09-2021 08:50 PM

Quote:

Prove it. Otherwise might as well say you earn $10m a month. Talk is cheap.

Unregistered 12-09-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Unregistered 12-09-2021 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182825)

Lol prove to you for what? I'm not him but it sounds like you're just a salty little boy lol. No point always comparing and doubting other's salary, just live your life

Unregistered 12-09-2021 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182835)
Lol prove to you for what? I'm not him but it sounds like you're just a salty little boy lol. No point always comparing and doubting other's salary, just live your life

Precisely. For American BBs MO, if you hentak at VP also got potential hit 20k ceiling (if >15 exp). ED onwards cap is 30k. Not everyone gets promoted to ED though. Nontheless, take 10k+ shake leg also buay pai la comfortable enough.

Unregistered 12-09-2021 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182835)

Salty for what?
I am not the one who made unsubstantiated claims.
One can either prove it or stop bragging they made so and so much.
Its frankly pointless if you are going to just say it anonymously with no proof to back it up.

Unregistered 12-09-2021 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182849)
Salty for what?
Its frankly pointless if you are going to just say it anonymously with no proof to back it up.

Agreed. 99% of people here are just plain lying when they quote they "earn" astronomical salary here. Not saying all of them are but the vast majority. Esp those who think its easy to earn >$10k p.m. in BO/MO roles that are not specialized.

Unregistered 13-09-2021 09:00 AM

Quote:

Salty for what?

How to substantiate any claims on this forum?

Unregistered 13-09-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Salty for what?

There will always be people who are doubtful when someone earns more than them, they will say things that you are saying right now..

Why bother substantiating to you? You can just go to MyCareersFuture, look at top banks and how much they are paying.. My close friend just got offered JPM BACK OFFICE, it's already near 5k..

Unregistered 13-09-2021 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182889)
There will always be people who are doubtful when someone earns more than them, they will say things that you are saying right now..

Why bother substantiating to you? You can just go to MyCareersFuture, look at top banks and how much they are paying.. My close friend just got offered JPM BACK OFFICE, it's already near 5k..

To add on:

This is for an ANALYST ROLE.

Unregistered 13-09-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182889)

Around 4.5k with 1-2 yoe can believe lah. You think the increments so fat until can hit 10k by early 30s meh?

Unregistered 13-09-2021 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182893)
Around 4.5k with 1-2 yoe can believe lah. You think the increments so fat until can hit 10k by early 30s meh?

Yeap.. definitely possible lol. If you look at JPM's payscale you will know, but not for me to share :)