Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Banks' Pay and Bonuses (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5211-banks-pay-bonuses.html)

Unregistered 06-02-2022 02:18 AM

anyone knows the bonus at barclays? IB and SnT division

Unregistered 07-02-2022 06:15 PM

Anyone in SCB CCIB, DCDA MO roles?

As an investor are your stock trading/transactions reportable to the firm? E.g. for every buy/sell are you required to seek approvals first before executing?

Unregistered 07-02-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201791)

As an investor are your stock trading/transactions reportable to the firm? E.g. for every buy/sell are you required to seek approvals first before executing?

Yes, all require approval as per most banks. Those that do not require approval that people in these divisions trade are fx and crypto.

Unregistered 07-02-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201791)

But it would be better if you check with HR on your specific role :) atb

Unregistered 07-02-2022 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201806)
But it would be better if you check with HR on your specific role :) atb

thank you kind sir.

Unregistered 07-02-2022 08:52 PM

Front office role at boutique firm or middle office trade support role at GS better for a fresh grad? Both pay about 5k. Heard GS role can get about 5 month bonus, not sure about bonus for the boutique FO role. I'm leaning towards the front office role, but quute worried as progression may not be as straight forward as GS MO role.

Unregistered 07-02-2022 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201816)
Front office role at boutique firm or middle office trade support role at GS better for a fresh grad? Both pay about 5k. Heard GS role can get about 5 month bonus, not sure about bonus for the boutique FO role. I'm leaning towards the front office role, but quute worried as progression may not be as straight forward as GS MO role.

I'm from GS MO. I'd vote front office boutique. 5 month bonuses only happened because this year was a bumper year. On avg it's just 2-3 months max. Monetary wise, FO boutique would win in the long run

Unregistered 07-02-2022 10:47 PM

FO please. you can lateral in future

Unregistered 07-02-2022 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201823)
I'm from GS MO. I'd vote front office boutique. 5 month bonuses only happened because this year was a bumper year. On avg it's just 2-3 months max. Monetary wise, FO boutique would win in the long run

Thanks for sharing. I will probably take the FO role as it aligns more with my interest. Do you mind sharing, what made you decide to take a MO role? Do you like what you are doing, and how is the salary progression? Possible to internal xfer to FO role?

Unregistered 08-02-2022 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201890)
Thanks for sharing. I will probably take the FO role as it aligns more with my interest. Do you mind sharing, what made you decide to take a MO role? Do you like what you are doing, and how is the salary progression? Possible to internal xfer to FO role?

18 hour days doing IB internships in a boutique investment bank made me realize I lost a lot more than just sleep for the money. Family, relationships as well. 90 percent of the ppl here who talk about wanting to do FO, don't even know what they are talking about, especially with regards to the sacrifices. MOBO is neither rich nor glamorous, but it can still give a very comfortable life, especially in GS. A lot of my batchmates have moved to FO within the bank, so it's not exactly rare as well. Not all of them lasted though (and it's nothing to do with their performance).

Nothing wrong with having FO aspirations. My advice is do internships to make sure you know that's really what you want.