Banks' Pay and Bonuses - Page 34 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Banks' Pay and Bonuses

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #331 (permalink)  
Old 15-09-2021, 11:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It might as well have come from their arsehole
Better than being stuck in actual assholes like these salty guys LMAO!

Reply With Quote
  #332 (permalink)  
Old 15-09-2021, 11:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think it's important for anyone to not compare to peers/colleagues and even strangers/trolls in this forum. The world is unfair, some people put in the effort and hard work and reap the rewards, some do the same but turn out average. Some don't even do much but get to enjoy high salary and benefits. Why compare yourself to others when there are many doing way better than you, similarly, many more are also worse off than you.

Reply With Quote
  #333 (permalink)  
Old 15-09-2021, 11:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think it's important for anyone to not compare to peers/colleagues and even strangers/trolls in this forum. The world is unfair, some people put in the effort and hard work and reap the rewards, some do the same but turn out average. Some don't even do much but get to enjoy high salary and benefits. Why compare yourself to others when there are many doing way better than you, similarly, many more are also worse off than you.
It's important to compare but with actual data points not rubbish numbers like what you mainly see on here. Else you could be underpaid your whole life and not suspect a thing - companies love workers like these and even heavily extol the "virtues" of salary confidentiality solely for this reason.

Reply With Quote
  #334 (permalink)  
Old 15-09-2021, 12:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's important to compare but with actual data points not rubbish numbers like what you mainly see on here. Else you could be underpaid your whole life and not suspect a thing - companies love workers like these and even heavily extol the "virtues" of salary confidentiality solely for this reason.
But once again, many "rubbish numbers" are actually not rubbish numbers, but many of them just choose not to believe it.. similarly they would be underpaid their whole life
Reply With Quote
  #335 (permalink)  
Old 15-09-2021, 12:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But once again, many "rubbish numbers" are actually not rubbish numbers, but many of them just choose not to believe it.. similarly they would be underpaid their whole life
It is important not to be small minded but at the same time not everything can be taken at face value.
Reply With Quote
  #336 (permalink)  
Old 15-09-2021, 02:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Better than being stuck in actual assholes like these salty guys LMAO!
Coming to a public forum to brag about your friends 5 figure salary? I think you are the salty one...
Reply With Quote

  #337 (permalink)  
Old 15-09-2021, 03:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I do agree it's important to compare but I think it's the purpose behind wanting to compare. If you want to see what colleagues of with similar experiences, scope are earning, sure. Comparing with friends in another competitor company, sure. All these help in ensuring that you're compensated fairly and competitively. But comparing yourself with strangers online who are just throwing numbers without anything to back it up, not so much.
Reply With Quote
  #338 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2021, 02:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone passed cfa l1?
Reply With Quote
  #339 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2021, 08:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

LOL so many unemployed/undergrads here.

Yes - for JPM/GS/MS, salary ceiling for MO/BO VPs can reach 20k (those who canít promote but have many YOEs under their belt). At where Iím at, MO/BO EDs start at 18k-19k base min (but depends on YOE when you promoted too) and the salary ceiling at this level is ~30k. Might be more, am not at ED level yet so canít comment.
Reply With Quote
  #340 (permalink)  
Old 16-09-2021, 11:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LOL so many unemployed/undergrads here.

Yes - for JPM/GS/MS, salary ceiling for MO/BO VPs can reach 20k (those who canít promote but have many YOEs under their belt). At where Iím at, MO/BO EDs start at 18k-19k base min (but depends on YOE when you promoted too) and the salary ceiling at this level is ~30k. Might be more, am not at ED level yet so canít comment.
Back office reach this 18k amount is after how many years? 20?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annual increment and bonuses at NUH and NUS darkstar Income and Jobs 3 19-01-2014 04:10 PM
Bonuses !! uturn Income and Jobs 50 19-03-2013 09:54 PM
IT in banks sochews Income and Jobs 7 08-12-2011 09:45 AM
More Pay and Bonuses for Teachers Salary.sg Income and Jobs 7 05-12-2009 06:45 PM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 139,047 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
123 Replies, 45,309 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,373 Replies, 4,836,920 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
471 Replies, 288,511 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
351 Replies, 112,098 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
500 Replies, 346,875 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,438 Replies, 1,397,257 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,207 Replies, 2,596,997 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,928 Replies, 1,463,410 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,068 Replies, 567,974 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,072 Replies, 2,580,027 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
168 Replies, 68,824 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,732 Replies, 7,493,249 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
289 Replies, 112,149 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,782 Replies, 4,419,867 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 148,667 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,108 Replies, 271,970 Views
Working in a bank ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
524 Replies, 342,963 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,155 Replies, 1,721,801 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,879 Replies, 629,803 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
93 Replies, 27,351 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,289 Replies, 652,491 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
67 Replies, 10,864 Views
Mnc jobs - a must in life ?? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
169 Replies, 69,104 Views
Getting MBA worth? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
135 Replies, 101,412 Views
Relocation to the US or stay in SG? ( 1 2 3)
22 Replies, 1,062 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
824 Replies, 222,940 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
130 Replies, 123,619 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,103 Replies, 1,330,840 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,952 Replies, 1,812,961 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2