Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Banks' Pay and Bonuses (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5211-banks-pay-bonuses.html)

Unregistered 15-09-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183157)
It might as well have come from their arsehole :)

Better than being stuck in actual assholes like these salty guys LMAO!

Unregistered 15-09-2021 11:55 AM

I think it's important for anyone to not compare to peers/colleagues and even strangers/trolls in this forum. The world is unfair, some people put in the effort and hard work and reap the rewards, some do the same but turn out average. Some don't even do much but get to enjoy high salary and benefits. Why compare yourself to others when there are many doing way better than you, similarly, many more are also worse off than you.

Unregistered 15-09-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183160)
I think it's important for anyone to not compare to peers/colleagues and even strangers/trolls in this forum. The world is unfair, some people put in the effort and hard work and reap the rewards, some do the same but turn out average. Some don't even do much but get to enjoy high salary and benefits. Why compare yourself to others when there are many doing way better than you, similarly, many more are also worse off than you.

It's important to compare but with actual data points not rubbish numbers like what you mainly see on here. Else you could be underpaid your whole life and not suspect a thing - companies love workers like these and even heavily extol the "virtues" of salary confidentiality solely for this reason.

Unregistered 15-09-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183161)
It's important to compare but with actual data points not rubbish numbers like what you mainly see on here. Else you could be underpaid your whole life and not suspect a thing - companies love workers like these and even heavily extol the "virtues" of salary confidentiality solely for this reason.

But once again, many "rubbish numbers" are actually not rubbish numbers, but many of them just choose not to believe it.. similarly they would be underpaid their whole life

Unregistered 15-09-2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183165)
But once again, many "rubbish numbers" are actually not rubbish numbers, but many of them just choose not to believe it.. similarly they would be underpaid their whole life

It is important not to be small minded but at the same time not everything can be taken at face value.

Unregistered 15-09-2021 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183159)
Better than being stuck in actual assholes like these salty guys LMAO!

Coming to a public forum to brag about your friends 5 figure salary? I think you are the salty one...

Unregistered 15-09-2021 03:16 PM

I do agree it's important to compare but I think it's the purpose behind wanting to compare. If you want to see what colleagues of with similar experiences, scope are earning, sure. Comparing with friends in another competitor company, sure. All these help in ensuring that you're compensated fairly and competitively. But comparing yourself with strangers online who are just throwing numbers without anything to back it up, not so much.

Unregistered 16-09-2021 02:38 PM

anyone passed cfa l1?

Unregistered 16-09-2021 08:39 PM

LOL so many unemployed/undergrads here.

Yes - for JPM/GS/MS, salary ceiling for MO/BO VPs can reach 20k (those who can’t promote but have many YOEs under their belt). At where I’m at, MO/BO EDs start at 18k-19k base min (but depends on YOE when you promoted too) and the salary ceiling at this level is ~30k. Might be more, am not at ED level yet so can’t comment.

Unregistered 16-09-2021 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183302)
LOL so many unemployed/undergrads here.

Yes - for JPM/GS/MS, salary ceiling for MO/BO VPs can reach 20k (those who can’t promote but have many YOEs under their belt). At where I’m at, MO/BO EDs start at 18k-19k base min (but depends on YOE when you promoted too) and the salary ceiling at this level is ~30k. Might be more, am not at ED level yet so can’t comment.

Back office reach this 18k amount is after how many years? 20?