Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Banks' Pay and Bonuses (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5211-banks-pay-bonuses.html)

Unregistered 18-05-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169321)
Depends on the bank. DBS definitely pays better than HSBC/Citi with bonuses included lol

Of course tier 1 BB is the best but working at somewhere like SC/HSBC is the worst of both worlds. Low job stability and pay also not high

Yes u r right that DBS pays the best of the 3 local banks. But I am not sure if can match HSBC/SC/Citi... depends on the role I guess? OCBC and UOB are the 2 laggards to DBS, not just in terms of size and reputation but also pay.

Unregistered 18-05-2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169090)
Currently drawing $4.1K doing sales support in a bank. I manage a team of 5 and work relatively long hours (12 hours a day). Have a local u degree and I’ve been here for close to 5 years (1st job). Exposure is good and I’m recognised by my bosses (...just not reflected in the pay lol) but next year’s increment (if any) will be limited because I was just promoted this year.

Received an offer @ $5000 doing the same thing except I won’t be managing anyone and my days of leave have been reduced (from 23 to 17). OT most likely not required. Progression more limited as people here are in “retirement” mode.

Is it rly a no brainer to leave? FWIW, I do enjoy my work and the environment at my current workplace, though I don’t think it’s too bad at the new place too.

sales support is do what? 4.1k 5 years is really pathetic honestly

Unregistered 18-05-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169092)
It’s not a local bank, but also neither a swanky BB or foreign (“first-world”) bank. I started out as a contract staff at the bank drawing $2K+, so that could be a reason why the pay has been so low all these while, despite the promotions.

To above poster, see this

Unregistered 18-05-2021 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169343)
sales support is do what? 4.1k 5 years is really pathetic honestly

Rofl low pathetic pay but he seems quite shiok to be "recognized" for his efforts. Joke's on him Lol.

Unregistered 18-05-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169344)
To above poster, see this

grad in 2016 from local uni still need take contract job with 2k+, only can blame ownself for being beh kan

Unregistered 18-05-2021 06:26 PM

LOL ya la avg salary in this thread is $30k a month not incl bonuses, only folks from BB FO need reply. anything below that is beh kan

Unregistered 18-05-2021 06:54 PM

Plot twist: No one in BB FO earning 30k base has interest in online forums.

Unregistered 18-05-2021 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169377)

Truthhh preach it

Unregistered 18-05-2021 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169090)
Currently drawing $4.1K doing sales support in a bank. I manage a team of 5 and work relatively long hours (12 hours a day). Have a local u degree and I’ve been here for close to 5 years (1st job). Exposure is good and I’m recognised by my bosses (...just not reflected in the pay lol) but next year’s increment (if any) will be limited because I was just promoted this year.

Received an offer @ $5000 doing the same thing except I won’t be managing anyone and my days of leave have been reduced (from 23 to 17). OT most likely not required. Progression more limited as people here are in “retirement” mode.

Is it rly a no brainer to leave? FWIW, I do enjoy my work and the environment at my current workplace, though I don’t think it’s too bad at the new place too.

You’re underpaid, but the offer is still an approx. 20% increment which is OK. I would take it if I were you, if you don’t have any other offers. Much of salary/job progression depends on circumstances and luck. There are only so many positions in BB/foreign banks anw so don’t be too disheartened by the comments here. Continue to keep a look out for opportunities even when you’re in your new role, and don’t make the same mistake of spending too much time in the same organisation.

Unregistered 18-05-2021 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169377)

i know la i was being sarcastic. those who BB here BB there, are you even from a bulge bracket? other threads also singing the same BB tune, can overtake the govt as singapore’s largest employer liao lmao.