Banks' Pay and Bonuses - Page 19 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Banks' Pay and Bonuses

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #181 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2015, 09:17 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i dunno abt big oil, but use to be from FELS and i can guarantee you over there confirm it is rare for pp to retire at so high. maybe the very good performers yar, but bulk of the rest... hahaha
I work as a tax advisor and Im employed by a lot of the big firms to do expatriates tax packages. and I can tell you there are only prob 5-10 locals who manage to get what was described in O&G. most of the guys our team handles are incoming whites from overseas, in a year, we prob get maybe 1? local who goes overseas.

based on the cases our team has seen (and we are one of the largest firms doing this), I can tell you that for a local to get 500K and a job overseas, erm, its a dream

Reply With Quote
  #182 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2015, 09:33 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I work as a tax advisor and Im employed by a lot of the big firms to do expatriates tax packages. and I can tell you there are only prob 5-10 locals who manage to get what was described in O&G. most of the guys our team handles are incoming whites from overseas, in a year, we prob get maybe 1? local who goes overseas.

based on the cases our team has seen (and we are one of the largest firms doing this), I can tell you that for a local to get 500K and a job overseas, erm, its a dream
thanks for the insights!

from ur exp can confirm for big oil is it like what the poster above say? bulk of average performing employees will get 150-200k salary if stay long enough? currently interviewing with 1 big oil and the location a bit far. i am drawing 60k+ with 10 years relevant exp, but if career prospect that good, i might give it a go. i

Reply With Quote
  #183 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

some of you here are really frog in the well... most working in banking industry can reach above 200k in just 8-10 years easily.

Reply With Quote
  #184 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
thanks for the insights!

from ur exp can confirm for big oil is it like what the poster above say? bulk of average performing employees will get 150-200k salary if stay long enough? currently interviewing with 1 big oil and the location a bit far. i am drawing 60k+ with 10 years relevant exp, but if career prospect that good, i might give it a go. i
we don't tax plan for locals. eg. you will not hire me to do your tax planning. essentially you are probably not even paying much taxes.

companies only engage us when they have in coming or out going personnel - and we don't get many out going locals, hence, I cant comment on what they are drawing.

though I must say, 60k P.A. for 10yr work experience is on the very low side if you are an executive with a degree from a local uni.
Reply With Quote
  #185 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
we don't tax plan for locals. eg. you will not hire me to do your tax planning. essentially you are probably not even paying much taxes.

companies only engage us when they have in coming or out going personnel - and we don't get many out going locals, hence, I cant comment on what they are drawing.

though I must say, 60k P.A. for 10yr work experience is on the very low side if you are an executive with a degree from a local uni.
hihi,
when u quote annual package does it include aws and/or variable bonus?
appreciate it
Reply With Quote
  #186 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2015, 01:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How much do you guys think someone who is a principal at a big PE firm (Apollo, KKR, Blackstone etc) in SG is getting annually? (base pay + Bonus etc)

really curious how much our overlords are earning.
Reply With Quote

  #187 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hihi,
when u quote annual package does it include aws and/or variable bonus?
appreciate it
all in, usually no variable. that's hard to predict
Reply With Quote
  #188 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2015, 06:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much do you guys think someone who is a principal at a big PE firm (Apollo, KKR, Blackstone etc) in SG is getting annually? (base pay + Bonus etc)

really curious how much our overlords are earning.
Not that much, PE in Singapore is too small.
Reply With Quote
  #189 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2015, 07:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not that much, PE in Singapore is too small.
Hi, sorry what do you mean by not that much?

You know that those guys usually come from IB right? they probably wouldn't settle for lesser pay correct?
Reply With Quote
  #190 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2015, 10:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I am not stupid, yes, they usually come from IB but PE doesn't always pay better.

It only pays better if 1. The industry is doing well and 2. You are in the right team.

In Singapore, IB typically pays better than PE because there are few, if any, major deals for PE firms. If you don't believe, go ask your FO friends.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annual increment and bonuses at NUH and NUS darkstar Income and Jobs 3 19-01-2014 04:10 PM
Bonuses !! uturn Income and Jobs 50 19-03-2013 09:54 PM
IT in banks sochews Income and Jobs 7 08-12-2011 09:45 AM
More Pay and Bonuses for Teachers Salary.sg Income and Jobs 7 05-12-2009 06:45 PM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,061 Replies, 2,522,661 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,688 Replies, 4,352,953 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,913 Replies, 1,748,067 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,577 Replies, 7,342,502 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,010 Replies, 521,237 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 22,397 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 133,868 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,689 Replies, 4,606,256 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,646 Replies, 1,277,810 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
438 Replies, 274,614 Views
Banking - Back Office ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
239 Replies, 159,321 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
135 Replies, 99,998 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,003 Replies, 2,499,569 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 139,736 Views
Jumping from Stat Board into...
1 Replies, 157 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 57,406 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,846 Replies, 608,178 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,750 Replies, 1,410,500 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
233 Replies, 108,559 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,332 Replies, 571,994 Views
business analyst
1 Replies, 2,778 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 4,310 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,516 Replies, 731,433 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
625 Replies, 98,475 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
867 Replies, 221,980 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 369,878 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
735 Replies, 198,834 Views
Anyone work in AVA Animal Health... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 8,921 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 3,491 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 738,068 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2