Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Banks' Pay and Bonuses (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5211-banks-pay-bonuses.html)

Unregistered 06-07-2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69506)
i dunno abt big oil, but use to be from FELS and i can guarantee you over there confirm it is rare for pp to retire at so high. maybe the very good performers yar, but bulk of the rest... hahaha

I work as a tax advisor and Im employed by a lot of the big firms to do expatriates tax packages. and I can tell you there are only prob 5-10 locals who manage to get what was described in O&G. most of the guys our team handles are incoming whites from overseas, in a year, we prob get maybe 1? local who goes overseas.

based on the cases our team has seen (and we are one of the largest firms doing this), I can tell you that for a local to get 500K and a job overseas, erm, its a dream

Unregistered 06-07-2015 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69507)
I work as a tax advisor and Im employed by a lot of the big firms to do expatriates tax packages. and I can tell you there are only prob 5-10 locals who manage to get what was described in O&G. most of the guys our team handles are incoming whites from overseas, in a year, we prob get maybe 1? local who goes overseas.

based on the cases our team has seen (and we are one of the largest firms doing this), I can tell you that for a local to get 500K and a job overseas, erm, its a dream

thanks for the insights!

from ur exp can confirm for big oil is it like what the poster above say? bulk of average performing employees will get 150-200k salary if stay long enough? currently interviewing with 1 big oil and the location a bit far. i am drawing 60k+ with 10 years relevant exp, but if career prospect that good, i might give it a go. i

Unregistered 06-07-2015 10:17 AM

some of you here are really frog in the well... most working in banking industry can reach above 200k in just 8-10 years easily.

Unregistered 06-07-2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69510)
thanks for the insights!

from ur exp can confirm for big oil is it like what the poster above say? bulk of average performing employees will get 150-200k salary if stay long enough? currently interviewing with 1 big oil and the location a bit far. i am drawing 60k+ with 10 years relevant exp, but if career prospect that good, i might give it a go. i

we don't tax plan for locals. eg. you will not hire me to do your tax planning. essentially you are probably not even paying much taxes.

companies only engage us when they have in coming or out going personnel - and we don't get many out going locals, hence, I cant comment on what they are drawing.

though I must say, 60k P.A. for 10yr work experience is on the very low side if you are an executive with a degree from a local uni.

Unregistered 06-07-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69515)
we don't tax plan for locals. eg. you will not hire me to do your tax planning. essentially you are probably not even paying much taxes.

companies only engage us when they have in coming or out going personnel - and we don't get many out going locals, hence, I cant comment on what they are drawing.

though I must say, 60k P.A. for 10yr work experience is on the very low side if you are an executive with a degree from a local uni.

hihi,
when u quote annual package does it include aws and/or variable bonus?
appreciate it

Unregistered 06-07-2015 01:21 PM

How much do you guys think someone who is a principal at a big PE firm (Apollo, KKR, Blackstone etc) in SG is getting annually? (base pay + Bonus etc)

really curious how much our overlords are earning.

Unregistered 06-07-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69525)
hihi,
when u quote annual package does it include aws and/or variable bonus?
appreciate it

all in, usually no variable. that's hard to predict

Unregistered 06-07-2015 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69530)
How much do you guys think someone who is a principal at a big PE firm (Apollo, KKR, Blackstone etc) in SG is getting annually? (base pay + Bonus etc)

really curious how much our overlords are earning.

Not that much, PE in Singapore is too small.

Unregistered 06-07-2015 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69539)
Not that much, PE in Singapore is too small.

Hi, sorry what do you mean by not that much?

You know that those guys usually come from IB right? they probably wouldn't settle for lesser pay correct?

Unregistered 07-07-2015 10:14 AM

I am not stupid, yes, they usually come from IB but PE doesn't always pay better.

It only pays better if 1. The industry is doing well and 2. You are in the right team.

In Singapore, IB typically pays better than PE because there are few, if any, major deals for PE firms. If you don't believe, go ask your FO friends.