Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Banks' Pay and Bonuses (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5211-banks-pay-bonuses.html)

Unregistered 21-02-2022 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203991)
Your example is far too simplistic because nobody earning 300k is going to spend all of it. Btw which bonds which aren't complete junk are going to pay 4% in the current market?

Don’t bother with this Uni kid. He thinks he read enough articles on the internet and thiught he has figured out life.

The reality is to reach $300k salary you need to invest a lot as well, especially in banking. Play golf with your boss, cycling on the weekend with the other managing directors and peers. Wine/whiskies and dinners with your team mates etc. you don’t necessarily have to suck up your boss, but you have to build network within the company, and the industry.

Spends $36k a year and saves $264k to invest in bonds? Please la… This kind of mentality is so naive, that’s why you don’t make $300k pa. You don’t even bother to invest in yourself.

Unregistered 21-02-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204015)
Don’t bother with this Uni kid. He thinks he read enough articles on the internet and thiught he has figured out life.

The reality is to reach $300k salary you need to invest a lot as well, especially in banking. Play golf with your boss, cycling on the weekend with the other managing directors and peers. Wine/whiskies and dinners with your team mates etc. you don’t necessarily have to suck up your boss, but you have to build network within the company, and the industry.

Spends $36k a year and saves $264k to invest in bonds? Please la… This kind of mentality is so naive, that’s why you don’t make $300k pa. You don’t even bother to invest in yourself.

Its ok la...no right or wrong to each its own.

Unregistered 21-02-2022 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203994)
put in cpf lor hahahhaahahahahaha

1m65???
4m65???

LMAOOOOOOO wo pls ni la!!!!

Unregistered 22-02-2022 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203078)
For someone working in roles like internal audit/compliance with around 3-4 YOE, is it feasible/worthwhile to try to move to a more quantitative risk management role such as credit / liquidity / market risk?

Not sure if there is a meaningful difference in salary range as well, especially given that these types of risk management roles seem to be much more technical / quantitative (and hence likely harder to land as well). Any general insights on risk management as a career path is much appreciated!

Anyone know this?

Unregistered 22-02-2022 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204227)
Anyone know this?

Go for it. Pay is at least 10-20% more and hours still very manageable.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204015)

This makes quite a fair bit of sense. Someone living the caipng 3k lifestyle would likely not even get into upper echelons of management because of “being unable to fit in”

Also, many people who are able to get hungry to make more money genuine love/are driven to manage their jobs; a lot of it encompassing managing your team, reporting upwards and handling clients

Unregistered 22-02-2022 06:11 PM

May i know for Standard Chartered Bank for tech backend, what is the yearly increment and the bonuses? is it 15% or more?

Unregistered 23-02-2022 08:30 PM

s://.efinancialcareers.com/news/2022/02/why-singaporeans-stick-with-local-banks

Unregistered 18-08-2022 09:37 PM

Hi, can anyone please share what is senior auditor in credit suisse equivalent to AVP position?

Unregistered 18-08-2022 10:11 PM

Hi guys, going for a new role in Citi , vp MO about 15k per month is it decent? 41 this year but only 5 years banking experience. younger days in retail banking and finance co.

Unregistered 19-08-2022 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228443)
Hi, can anyone please share what is senior auditor in credit suisse equivalent to AVP position?

what talking you?

Unregistered 19-08-2022 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228477)
what talking you?

Saw Credit Suisse currently hiring for senior auditor role, wanted to know if the senior auditor role is equivalent to AVP or associate position? Please share ir anyone knows.

Unregistered 19-08-2022 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228543)
Saw Credit Suisse currently hiring for senior auditor role, wanted to know if the senior auditor role is equivalent to AVP or associate position? Please share ir anyone knows.

need to know your current role and rank to advice what they may offer.

Unregistered 22-08-2022 03:30 PM

HSBC offer

Hi, any experience on how long HR takes to draft an offer letter after hiring manager approves? Thanks!

Unregistered 22-08-2022 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228446)
Hi guys, going for a new role in Citi , vp MO about 15k per month is it decent? 41 this year but only 5 years banking experience. younger days in retail banking and finance co.

41 yr old VP? Bro you failed man 😂

Unregistered 05-02-2023 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198295)
34yo getting 9.6k doing compliance in a foreign bank. How am I doing?

8 yoe - vp2 compliance 15k

Unregistered 05-02-2023 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 239825)
8 yoe - vp2 compliance 15k

super sikkk.. how many times did you hop in total?

Unregistered 26-10-2023 02:08 PM

May I ask what is the salary increments per year for a MO/BO Ops role at BB like GS?

Unregistered 26-10-2023 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258957)
May I ask what is the salary increments per year for a MO/BO Ops role at BB like GS?

bump because keen to know too!!

Unregistered 07-12-2023 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258994)
bump because keen to know too!!

Bumping again! If anyone could shed light on salary increment for MO would be appreciated!

Unregistered 08-12-2023 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258957)

2-5% on non-promotion years, 10% on promotion years. analyst > senior analyst does not count as promotion, only analyst > associate > vp

Unregistered 08-12-2023 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262543)
2-5% on non-promotion years, 10% on promotion years. analyst > senior analyst does not count as promotion, only analyst > associate > vp

For GS, this is somewhat close for non promotion (unless you are high flyer). Although promotion does not always mean a good increment, especially if you are avg or below avg

Unregistered 09-12-2023 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262543)

thx for sharing. could you share avg pay for analyst, senior analyst and assoc in GS BO / ops? assuming 1st job in GS all the way

Unregistered 09-12-2023 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262616)
For GS, this is somewhat close for non promotion (unless you are high flyer). Although promotion does not always mean a good increment, especially if you are avg or below avg

Just wondering, do 1st year VP have 10k monthly salary?

Unregistered 10-12-2023 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262660)

Possible but not always. Esp if u promote too fast (eg 5.5 yrs vs 6.5 or 7.5 years), or u promote during a bad economy, such as start of this yr

Unregistered 12-12-2023 11:08 PM

Quote:

for ops 1st year VP is about 8-10k

Unregistered 12-12-2023 11:26 PM

Quote:

I'm 1st yr assoc and I have much more than that

Unregistered 13-12-2023 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262943)

If u are FO, sure. Totally possible. If U are MO BO, u are either trolling or did a lateral from another company/industry and the bank refused to promote u lol

Unregistered 13-12-2023 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262943)

summer intern also can earn >10k. u need to be clear what your job is...

Unregistered 20-01-2024 07:22 PM

Do you think banking attracts narcissists. Started working since 2018, but new to banking, currently in a BB. The level of self confidence and self absorbed attitude I’ve observed is off the charts. CBD location is nice, everyone is from a specific demographic (hongkee with an English accent), locals are a minority, everyone earn so much, but it’s all very big ego small dick energy.

Unregistered 23-01-2024 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266103)
Do you think banking attracts narcissists. Started working since 2018, but new to banking, currently in a BB. The level of self confidence and self absorbed attitude I’ve observed is off the charts. CBD location is nice, everyone is from a specific demographic (hongkee with an English accent), locals are a minority, everyone earn so much, but it’s all very big ego small dick energy.

then get the **** out of here bro lol

Unregistered 23-01-2024 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266103)

I don’t see it as a bad thing, and honestly I would love to be one of them for a day.

They elude a strong confidence that tells you they are meant for great things. Hanging around them sometimes make me feel like they are the main character, this is their story, and I’m the NPC.

Like I never thought of myself as special, or anything other than average. But these people are willing to put themselves forward as candidates, to be in the spotlight, and to shine brother than everyone else.

I can’t do it, my MBTI isn’t meant for greatness.

Unregistered 25-01-2024 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266301)
I don’t see it as a bad thing, and honestly I would love to be one of them for a day.

They elude a strong confidence that tells you they are meant for great things. Hanging around them sometimes make me feel like they are the main character, this is their story, and I’m the NPC.

Like I never thought of myself as special, or anything other than average. But these people are willing to put themselves forward as candidates, to be in the spotlight, and to shine brother than everyone else.

They are simply posers. Dont put posers on a pedestal. Thats how they get actual power.

Unregistered 25-01-2024 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266457)
They are simply posers. Dont put posers on a pedestal. Thats how they get actual power.

That's right. Just punch them in the face.

Unregistered 25-01-2024 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266301)

You need a basic level of self confidence lah, if you dun believe in urself, who gonna believe in you? Like that you already self label as medicore and average before starting the race.

but hor I think the OP was trying to say some ppl got an inflated ego and sense of self-importance. over-confidence is basically arrogance lor

Unregistered 29-01-2024 01:40 AM

how much is deutsche bank's group bonus for MO/BO?

Unregistered 14-02-2024 11:00 PM

How is the bonus like this year? Better than previous year?

Unregistered 14-02-2024 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266795)
how much is deutsche bank's group bonus for MO/BO?

bumpp curious to know for DB MO/BO too!