Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Banks' Pay and Bonuses (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5211-banks-pay-bonuses.html)

Unregistered 13-06-2015 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68105)
yea yea, so 6 school mates of yours just happily share with you their exact basic salary & bonus for the year...

and seriously wtf is a "buyside quant fund"? wanna BS at least learn to use the correct industry terminology

I'm not the original poster of those 6 salaries and bonuses but what's wrong with "buyside quant fund"? aren't you nitpicking it a little too much?

Unregistered 13-06-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68117)
I'm not the original poster of those 6 salaries and bonuses but what's wrong with "buyside quant fund"? aren't you nitpicking it a little too much?

It's not about nitpicking, nobody who knows a bit about the industry would describe a fund as "buyside quant". It's pretty obvious the guy is just congugating a few technical sounding names in a bid to impress laymen.

Also for those with some elementary exposure to the industry will know that the salaries quoted are randomly inaccurate, i.e. some are obviously way too high while others are ridiculously low.

Unregistered 13-06-2015 09:27 PM

The salary ranges are quite accurate if you look at robert walters salary guide.
The quant trader seems low, perhaps he is on portfolio construction and algo development, not on the portfolio manager

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68127)
It's not about nitpicking, nobody who knows a bit about the
industry would describe a fund as "buyside quant". It's pretty obvious the guy is just congugating a few technical sounding names in a bid to impress laymen.

Also for those with some elementary exposure to the industry will know that the salaries quoted are randomly inaccurate, i.e. some are obviously way too high while others are ridiculously low.

Unregistered 14-06-2015 05:55 PM

figures are base, no bonus included. Bonus for risk management around 20-30% of base. Bonus for front office like Quant research, DCM around 50-100% of base

In banking industry, no such thing as AWS or allowances.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68112)
Quick question, i assume all the figures listed here include whatever allowances / VBs / AWS right? Basically, the entire package a.k.a all-in package?

Unregistered 14-06-2015 06:00 PM

450k - all in with bonus - VP in emerging markets rates mainly in NDF markets - how do I do compared with the industry?

Unregistered 14-06-2015 07:44 PM

back office in banks

how much does back office in those bbs like credit suisse, jpmorgan earn?

possible to reach 150k for a person with more than 5 years experience???

Unregistered 14-06-2015 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68194)
how much does back office in those bbs like credit suisse, jpmorgan earn?

possible to reach 150k for a person with more than 5 years experience???

Yes possible, my friend graduated from NUS with masters in comp sci, now working as python programmer in jpm earning 160k

Unregistered 14-06-2015 08:42 PM

I am process engineer with NUS Electrical Engineering degree.
After reading this thread, I like to work in investment bank as a programmer.
What is my chance?

Unregistered 15-06-2015 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68101)
>100k in early 30s is very common in banking sector, even for non revenue generating role.
The good ones already reach VP in early 30s and hit 200k for mid office role, or 300k for front office role.

This is the reality but many refuse to believe it for some reason.

Unregistered 15-06-2015 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68200)
I am process engineer with NUS Electrical Engineering degree.
After reading this thread, I like to work in investment bank as a programmer.
What is my chance?

Good chance.