Banks' Pay and Bonuses - Page 12 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Banks' Pay and Bonuses

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #111 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2015, 10:37 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Agree +1. Only point I would comment is there is much more BS here then survivorship-bias IMO. Almost everyone here is claiming to make $100k+ a year with <10 years exp and lots of supposed millionaires in their mid 30s.

I seriously doubt all these top 1% elites in sg are gathering here in a unregistered salary forum. So for the SCB guy, I would say relax and no need to depress, you are already above average.
100k a year in mid 30s is a lot?

really doesn't seem that way ... lol

in ithe past 100k PA can own a nice conti car and condo. nowadays, 100k annual salary can barely afford a HDB and honda jazz.

Reply With Quote
  #112 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2015, 10:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are a few thousand, may be tens of thousand, bankers earning more than sgd10k per mth. Just go to IRAS website to download the breakdown of tax payers and you will see 300k taxpayers in assessed income gp of at least sgd100k.

[s://.iras.gov.sg/IRASHome/Publications/Statistics-and-Papers/Tax-Statistics/#IIT[/
300k is not even 5% of the population. if you exclude the expats who are mostly earning >$100k you will prob get like ~3% of the population earning >$100k. $10k a month if include bonus needs total >$150k which probably takes off another 1%.

So we are talking about 1%-2% of the population who make $10k & above. In this unregistered forum, seems like >60% are claiming they make more than that. Smells like BS to me.

Reply With Quote
  #113 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2015, 10:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
300k is not even 5% of the population. if you exclude the expats who are mostly earning >$100k you will prob get like ~3% of the population earning >$100k. $10k a month if include bonus needs total >$150k which probably takes off another 1%.

So we are talking about 1%-2% of the population who make $10k & above. In this unregistered forum, seems like >60% are claiming they make more than that. Smells like BS to me.
Assessed Income Group Number of Taxpayers
S$ Tax Resident Non-Tax Resident4

20,000 & below - 19,907
20,001 - 25,000 66,410 1,705
25,001 - 30,000 121,292 1,334
30,001 - 40,000 270,703 1,837
40,001 - 50,000 207,250 1,180
50,001 - 60,000 148,420 844
60,001 - 70,000 107,135 576
70,001 - 80,000 79,742 411
80,001 - 100,000 108,754 555
100,001 - 150,000 140,914 618
150,001 - 200,000 61,029 246
200,001 - 300,000 53,623 186
300,001 - 400,000 22,535 58
400,001 - 500,000 10,639 25
500,001 - 1,000,000 13,714 33
1,000,001 & above 4,231 32

Total 1,416,391 29,547

going by the IRAS numbers

total earning 100k and above = 306685/1416391 = ~22%

so 1 in 5 are earning more than 100k per annum.

that's quite a number isn't it?

Reply With Quote
  #114 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
300k is not even 5% of the population. if you exclude the expats who are mostly earning >$100k you will prob get like ~3% of the population earning >$100k. $10k a month if include bonus needs total >$150k which probably takes off another 1%.

So we are talking about 1%-2% of the population who make $10k & above. In this unregistered forum, seems like >60% are claiming they make more than that. Smells like BS to me.
Not for you to believe or not, the numbers are there to show and there plenty of people (more than what you have calculated) earning more than sgd10k per month. Wake up!
Reply With Quote
  #115 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

People often are most familiar with others in/around their socioeconomic strata, so those who still earn <$100kpa in their early 30s usually have most of their family and friends also earning <$100k in their early 30s.

These people don't know what they don't know, and so think it is ridiculous and BS for a good number of people to earn >$100k in their early 30s (which really isn't a lot at that age).

Then there are those who assert that the forummers here are BS-ing by comparing the claims here against the national population. The fact is, those who frequent the forum, and those who actually post comments, are NOT representative of the national population to begin with.

It is not inconceivable that the higher income earners are over represented in this forum because the lower income earners do not visit such forums or simply prefer to stay silent.
Reply With Quote
  #116 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

>100k in early 30s is very common in banking sector, even for non revenue generating role.
The good ones already reach VP in early 30s and hit 200k for mid office role, or 300k for front office role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
People often are most familiar with others in/around their socioeconomic strata, so those who still earn <$100kpa in their early 30s usually have most of their family and friends also earning <$100k in their early 30s.

These people don't know what they don't know, and so think it is ridiculous and BS for a good number of people to earn >$100k in their early 30s (which really isn't a lot at that age).

Then there are those who assert that the forummers here are BS-ing by comparing the claims here against the national population. The fact is, those who frequent the forum, and those who actually post comments, are NOT representative of the national population to begin with.

It is not inconceivable that the higher income earners are over represented in this forum because the lower income earners do not visit such forums or simply prefer to stay silent.
Reply With Quote

  #117 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Here is a sample of school mates aged 32

Associate in blackrock - base 120k, bonus 5 mths
VP in prdt development - 170k base
Associate in quant research - 130k base
VP in DCM - 200k
VP in market risk management -180k
Trader in buyside quant fund - 120k, bonus 1yr
Reply With Quote
  #118 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
>100k in early 30s is very common in banking sector, even for non revenue generating role.
The good ones already reach VP in early 30s and hit 200k for mid office role, or 300k for front office role.
Never mind lah, no need to burst the bubble for those who prefer to believe and find peace in thinking that >100k in early 30s is BS.
Reply With Quote
  #119 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Here is a sample of school mates aged 32

Associate in blackrock - base 120k, bonus 5 mths
VP in prdt development - 170k base
Associate in quant research - 130k base
VP in DCM - 200k
VP in market risk management -180k
Trader in buyside quant fund - 120k, bonus 1yr
yea yea, so 6 school mates of yours just happily share with you their exact basic salary & bonus for the year...

and seriously wtf is a "buyside quant fund"? wanna BS at least learn to use the correct industry terminology
Reply With Quote
  #120 (permalink)  
Old 13-06-2015, 05:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quick question, i assume all the figures listed here include whatever allowances / VBs / AWS right? Basically, the entire package a.k.a all-in package?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annual increment and bonuses at NUH and NUS darkstar Income and Jobs 3 19-01-2014 04:10 PM
Bonuses !! uturn Income and Jobs 50 19-03-2013 09:54 PM
IT in banks sochews Income and Jobs 7 08-12-2011 09:45 AM
More Pay and Bonuses for Teachers Salary.sg Income and Jobs 7 05-12-2009 06:45 PM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,040 Replies, 1,526,914 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,329 Replies, 2,677,949 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
787 Replies, 388,317 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 4,454 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,990 Replies, 7,677,379 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
674 Replies, 340,441 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
134 Replies, 140,678 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,174 Replies, 2,691,239 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,545 Replies, 769,561 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,254 Replies, 1,539,448 Views
Year end bonus for civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
351 Replies, 72,882 Views
Credit Suisse ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
154 Replies, 98,457 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
216 Replies, 82,811 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
285 Replies, 162,295 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,951 Replies, 5,074,292 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,872 Replies, 4,490,512 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
212 Replies, 176,067 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,260 Replies, 320,004 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,932 Replies, 649,893 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,812 Replies, 2,169,405 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,412 Replies, 647,143 Views
Htx ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 2,373 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
295 Replies, 118,944 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
553 Replies, 324,455 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,074 Replies, 777,927 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
420 Replies, 407,013 Views
How much CPF do u have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
42 Replies, 21,909 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 115,927 Views
Citibank Technology Analyst Program ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 7,995 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2