Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Banks' Pay and Bonuses (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5211-banks-pay-bonuses.html)

Unregistered 17-01-2022 02:28 PM

Internal audit at banks

How much are you drawing as an IA role with about 8 years of experience? Can share the ranks / BB / non BB?

Thanks!

Unregistered 17-01-2022 09:00 PM

Hey guys, looking for some help with expecred salary.

Im at a final round of interviews with HR for an avp position at a local firm. I have 5 years of experience and my current salary is 5.5k, would it be reasonable if I were to ask for 6.5-7k expected salary for the position?

I came to that number as it seems I would have to give up my increment and bonus this year if I were to accept this role.

Hoping to get some expertise on this. Thanks!

Unregistered 17-01-2022 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198129)

Im at a final round of interviews with HR for an avp position at a local firm. I have 5 years of experience and my current salary is 5.5k, would it be reasonable if I were to ask for 6.5-7k expected salary for the position?

I came to that number as it seems I would have to give up my increment and bonus this year if I were to accept this role.

Just nego and try your luck. Shouldn't be a problem.

Unregistered 17-01-2022 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198129)

I managed to get 6.7k from my previous 5.8k with 4 years of experience. I quoted 7k but was firmly rejected even after I pressed a few times.

I'm sure if your argument is the forfeited bonus and increment you would have more leverage in the negotiations.

Unregistered 17-01-2022 10:09 PM

Would banks be interested in hiring fresh grads from accountancy?

Unregistered 17-01-2022 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198149)

definitely not.

Unregistered 18-01-2022 01:04 AM

Quote:

If you are asking this qn, then probably not. Otherwise banks do hire fresh grad from various degrees

Unregistered 18-01-2022 09:13 AM

Quote:

Dbl degree or top 20% accountancy grad with relevant internships got chance lah.

Unregistered 18-01-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198142)
I managed to get 6.7k from my previous 5.8k with 4 years of experience. I quoted 7k but was firmly rejected even after I pressed a few times.

I'm sure if your argument is the forfeited bonus and increment you would have more leverage in the negotiations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198133)
Just nego and try your luck. Shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks both. I'll send it over and hope for the best. My only concern is that they will think I'm asking for too much..

Unregistered 18-01-2022 08:05 PM

34yo getting 9.6k doing compliance in a foreign bank. How am I doing?

Unregistered 18-01-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198295)

Like a bit slow. At this age should be able to hit VP drawing beyond 10k

Unregistered 18-01-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

quite badly

Unregistered 18-01-2022 09:28 PM

Quote:

Id say not too bad if you're a male who served NS and did a 3/4 year degree. With 8/9 yoe, would probably be able to earn 9-12k on avg.

Unregistered 20-01-2022 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198312)
Id say not too bad if you're a male who served NS and did a 3/4 year degree. With 8/9 yoe, would probably be able to earn 9-12k on avg.

I have 8 years of YOE, turning 33 this year. So looking for 10k for my next jump seems to be reasonable because HR said it is a bit of a stretch.

Unregistered 20-01-2022 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198501)
I have 8 years of YOE, turning 33 this year. So looking for 10k for my next jump seems to be reasonable because HR said it is a bit of a stretch.

Really depends which bank it is and if they''re offering avp/senior assoc vs VP role. If it's local bank avp, yes that's a bit challenging. On the other end of the spectrum, bbs with VP position, 10k is easily doable. Anything in between, depends on your luck and the budget

Unregistered 20-01-2022 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198504)
Really depends which bank it is and if they''re offering avp/senior assoc vs VP role. If it's local bank avp, yes that's a bit challenging. On the other end of the spectrum, bbs with VP position, 10k is easily doable. Anything in between, depends on your luck and the budget

Please aim for angmoh banks if you want the dough. Local banks probably only DBS can pay.

Unregistered 20-01-2022 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198501)

What's ur current pay? Assuming you're not the poster drawing 9.6k as he/she is 34.

Unregistered 04-02-2022 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197972)
10k is analyst in FO... Not AVP. I'm in foreign bank AVP, base already 175k. Unless your friend joined some Asian bank like ctbc or locals.

Yes, from local / regional bank. not a european or US international bank.

What is the usual % annual increment and % promotion increment range for FO?

Unregistered 05-02-2022 11:43 PM

any insights on fund of funds investment roles? Does it pay well?

Unregistered 06-02-2022 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201549)
any insights on fund of funds investment roles? Does it pay well?

yes definitely

Unregistered 06-02-2022 02:18 AM

anyone knows the bonus at barclays? IB and SnT division

Unregistered 07-02-2022 06:15 PM

Anyone in SCB CCIB, DCDA MO roles?

As an investor are your stock trading/transactions reportable to the firm? E.g. for every buy/sell are you required to seek approvals first before executing?

Unregistered 07-02-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201791)

As an investor are your stock trading/transactions reportable to the firm? E.g. for every buy/sell are you required to seek approvals first before executing?

Yes, all require approval as per most banks. Those that do not require approval that people in these divisions trade are fx and crypto.

Unregistered 07-02-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201791)

But it would be better if you check with HR on your specific role :) atb

Unregistered 07-02-2022 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201806)
But it would be better if you check with HR on your specific role :) atb

thank you kind sir.

Unregistered 07-02-2022 08:52 PM

Front office role at boutique firm or middle office trade support role at GS better for a fresh grad? Both pay about 5k. Heard GS role can get about 5 month bonus, not sure about bonus for the boutique FO role. I'm leaning towards the front office role, but quute worried as progression may not be as straight forward as GS MO role.

Unregistered 07-02-2022 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201816)
Front office role at boutique firm or middle office trade support role at GS better for a fresh grad? Both pay about 5k. Heard GS role can get about 5 month bonus, not sure about bonus for the boutique FO role. I'm leaning towards the front office role, but quute worried as progression may not be as straight forward as GS MO role.

I'm from GS MO. I'd vote front office boutique. 5 month bonuses only happened because this year was a bumper year. On avg it's just 2-3 months max. Monetary wise, FO boutique would win in the long run

Unregistered 07-02-2022 10:47 PM

FO please. you can lateral in future

Unregistered 07-02-2022 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201823)
I'm from GS MO. I'd vote front office boutique. 5 month bonuses only happened because this year was a bumper year. On avg it's just 2-3 months max. Monetary wise, FO boutique would win in the long run

Thanks for sharing. I will probably take the FO role as it aligns more with my interest. Do you mind sharing, what made you decide to take a MO role? Do you like what you are doing, and how is the salary progression? Possible to internal xfer to FO role?

Unregistered 08-02-2022 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201890)
Thanks for sharing. I will probably take the FO role as it aligns more with my interest. Do you mind sharing, what made you decide to take a MO role? Do you like what you are doing, and how is the salary progression? Possible to internal xfer to FO role?

18 hour days doing IB internships in a boutique investment bank made me realize I lost a lot more than just sleep for the money. Family, relationships as well. 90 percent of the ppl here who talk about wanting to do FO, don't even know what they are talking about, especially with regards to the sacrifices. MOBO is neither rich nor glamorous, but it can still give a very comfortable life, especially in GS. A lot of my batchmates have moved to FO within the bank, so it's not exactly rare as well. Not all of them lasted though (and it's nothing to do with their performance).

Nothing wrong with having FO aspirations. My advice is do internships to make sure you know that's really what you want.

Unregistered 08-02-2022 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201921)
18 hour days doing IB internships in a boutique investment bank made me realize I lost a lot more than just sleep for the money. Family, relationships as well. 90 percent of the ppl here who talk about wanting to do FO, don't even know what they are talking about, especially with regards to the sacrifices. MOBO is neither rich nor glamorous, but it can still give a very comfortable life, especially in GS. A lot of my batchmates have moved to FO within the bank, so it's not exactly rare as well. Not all of them lasted though (and it's nothing to do with their performance).

Nothing wrong with having FO aspirations. My advice is do internships to make sure you know that's really what you want.

in my honest opinion, VP (lvl where most ppl will be stuck at) FO vs MO has no “class” difference - meaning as a VP FO, you can afford nicer cars, a bigger home and a better location, go on more overseas trips and entrance to private clubs

But, but, as a MO u can provide the same house, car and travelling for your family too, tho with a compromise on the brand/locations , with more WLB and time with your loved ones

Don’t believe in ppl laughing at u for being middle or non-BB front or whatever, sh*t ppl would always find something to laugh at others . Instead ask yourself, what is the life u really want and how much u need to earn to live that life. If a MO role is enuf , why torture yourself with a 16hour day like this post said

Unregistered 08-02-2022 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201921)

Not worth sacrifcing the excessive hours for money and fame. You can try exploring roles outside banking and it is not difficult to find better pay + balanced work hours. The world is much bigger than banking or FOBOMO.

Unregistered 08-02-2022 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201929)
in my honest opinion, VP (lvl where most ppl will be stuck at) FO vs MO has no “class” difference - meaning as a VP FO, you can afford nicer cars, a bigger home and a better location, go on more overseas trips and entrance to private clubs

But, but, as a MO u can provide the same house, car and travelling for your family too, tho with a compromise on the brand/locations , with more WLB and time with your loved ones

Don’t believe in ppl laughing at u for being middle or non-BB front or whatever, sh*t ppl would always find something to laugh at others . Instead ask yourself, what is the life u really want and how much u need to earn to live that life. If a MO role is enuf , why torture yourself with a 16hour day like this post said

how is the working hours in MO? Heard GS MO need to work until 8+ everyday

Unregistered 08-02-2022 03:57 PM

Anybody have the salary range for Project Manager (VP) in HSBC?

Unregistered 08-02-2022 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201954)

Depending on function. Cannot based on hearsay.

Unregistered 08-02-2022 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201954)

Im there currently. There are some teams clocking 10 plus hours. On avg most are closer to 11 hours and 1 or 2 bad eggs hitting 12. Been across the top bbs. GS BOMO works the hardest. But they are also most generous with salary and bonus

Unregistered 08-02-2022 08:40 PM

how much can DBS relationship treasures manager earn? say around 6yrs of experience

Unregistered 10-02-2022 12:48 AM

approx 5k. for RM

Unregistered 10-02-2022 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 202241)
approx 5k. for RM

how many years of experience for 5k as an RM? this is excluding comms and bonuses?

Unregistered 10-02-2022 11:07 AM

How is the latest round of increment and bonus for Credit Suisse? Read some news about the bonus figures from efinancialcareers.