Banks' Pay and Bonuses - Page 10 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Banks' Pay and Bonuses

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91 (permalink)  
Old 04-06-2015, 10:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sell side traders? You mean sell backside traders?
Sell backside? How much per piece?

Reply With Quote
  #92 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2015, 09:20 AM
averageguy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi everyone, reading around this forum really depressing. It seems like I am behind most people in pay & progression.

Already 32 years old this year with 7 years experience in various personal banking jobs since leaving SMU with a business degree. Currently in SCB as a RM in priority banking side.

Now only getting 4.8k monthly include bonus everything only about 68k per annum. Is anyone on the personal banking side can comment? Looks like I am so far behind most bankers here...

Reply With Quote
  #93 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2015, 09:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by averageguy View Post
Hi everyone, reading around this forum really depressing. It seems like I am behind most people in pay & progression.

Already 32 years old this year with 7 years experience in various personal banking jobs since leaving SMU with a business degree. Currently in SCB as a RM in priority banking side.

Now only getting 4.8k monthly include bonus everything only about 68k per annum. Is anyone on the personal banking side can comment? Looks like I am so far behind most bankers here...
Assuming that your age is between 30-34, according to Salary.sg:
Your income places you at the 77.4th percentile among both genders. You are in the top 22.6% of your cohort.

There's a survivorship-bias here, where a lot of those who are speaking up are those that are doing really well among their peers. There are some who are lying about their salaries too. But the key point here is that you're doing fine. There are many more out there who are jobless and are unable to find jobs. Treasure your job, and at the same time, just keep on the look out for better opportunities.

Reply With Quote
  #94 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by averageguy View Post
Hi everyone, reading around this forum really depressing. It seems like I am behind most people in pay & progression.

Already 32 years old this year with 7 years experience in various personal banking jobs since leaving SMU with a business degree. Currently in SCB as a RM in priority banking side.

Now only getting 4.8k monthly include bonus everything only about 68k per annum. Is anyone on the personal banking side can comment? Looks like I am so far behind most bankers here...
That's pretty low salary. Good wake up call for those fresh grads who think all "banker" jobs are the same. My starting salary was 4.5k 3 years ago in an IB, back office.
Reply With Quote
  #95 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2015, 04:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Assuming that your age is between 30-34, according to Salary.sg:
Your income places you at the 77.4th percentile among both genders. You are in the top 22.6% of your cohort.

There's a survivorship-bias here, where a lot of those who are speaking up are those that are doing really well among their peers. There are some who are lying about their salaries too. But the key point here is that you're doing fine. There are many more out there who are jobless and are unable to find jobs. Treasure your job, and at the same time, just keep on the look out for better opportunities.
problem is not just here or online. even offline is the same.

those who do well tend to flaunt, take part in social events, post facebook/twittter & talk big while those not doing very well either avoid or keep quiet & smile. when in doubt always check verified gov or 3rd party studies.

one good e.g. is networth. if u read the networth/savings thread over here, almost everyone is claiming to be >$1mil in their mid 30s, but if u read the credit suisse study it says only 1 in 9.5 here is a millionaire. the median net worth is in sg is in fact only ~US$144k
Reply With Quote
  #96 (permalink)  
Old 05-06-2015, 08:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
problem is not just here or online. even offline is the same.

those who do well tend to flaunt, take part in social events, post facebook/twittter & talk big while those not doing very well either avoid or keep quiet & smile. when in doubt always check verified gov or 3rd party studies.

one good e.g. is networth. if u read the networth/savings thread over here, almost everyone is claiming to be >$1mil in their mid 30s, but if u read the credit suisse study it says only 1 in 9.5 here is a millionaire. the median net worth is in sg is in fact only ~US$144k
Yeah, and it can be really demoralizing. Oh well, that's how life works..
Reply With Quote

  #97 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah, and it can be really demoralizing. Oh well, that's how life works..
Or you can see it as motivation and impetus to do better!
Reply With Quote
  #98 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2015, 10:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

anyone able to share about the remuneration at jap banks in sg? (nomura vs mizuho vs smbc etc) thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #99 (permalink)  
Old 08-06-2015, 12:43 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
problem is not just here or online. even offline is the same.

those who do well tend to flaunt, take part in social events, post facebook/twittter & talk big while those not doing very well either avoid or keep quiet & smile. when in doubt always check verified gov or 3rd party studies.

one good e.g. is networth. if u read the networth/savings thread over here, almost everyone is claiming to be >$1mil in their mid 30s, but if u read the credit suisse study it says only 1 in 9.5 here is a millionaire. the median net worth is in sg is in fact only ~US$144k

for grads in banking the net worth should be higher than the median.

38 and my wife 36 are in banking and our net worth is about $3M

typically a Director/SVP will earn about $20K monthly, so it's quite possible to hit a high net worth with disciplined savings and prudent investments in property and stocks
Reply With Quote
  #100 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by averageguy View Post
Hi everyone, reading around this forum really depressing. It seems like I am behind most people in pay & progression.

Already 32 years old this year with 7 years experience in various personal banking jobs since leaving SMU with a business degree. Currently in SCB as a RM in priority banking side.

Now only getting 4.8k monthly include bonus everything only about 68k per annum. Is anyone on the personal banking side can comment? Looks like I am so far behind most bankers here...
i'm 27 drawing 4K with 1year 9 months experience in finance.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annual increment and bonuses at NUH and NUS darkstar Income and Jobs 3 19-01-2014 04:10 PM
Bonuses !! uturn Income and Jobs 50 19-03-2013 09:54 PM
IT in banks sochews Income and Jobs 7 08-12-2011 09:45 AM
More Pay and Bonuses for Teachers Salary.sg Income and Jobs 7 05-12-2009 06:45 PM
MINDEF and SAF Sign-On Bonuses Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 16-08-2009 03:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
615 Replies, 95,138 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,995 Replies, 2,488,987 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 56,395 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,049 Replies, 2,514,087 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,726 Replies, 1,402,601 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,622 Replies, 4,574,766 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,844 Replies, 605,326 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,330 Replies, 567,334 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
340 Replies, 150,278 Views
Breaking the Letter Of Commitment... ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 25,795 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
865 Replies, 217,574 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,651 Replies, 4,342,237 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,544 Replies, 7,324,996 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,577 Replies, 1,264,593 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,020 Replies, 736,000 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,512 Replies, 728,293 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
298 Replies, 98,669 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 3,771 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,266 Replies, 639,108 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 23,564 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 69,648 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,093 Replies, 1,309,125 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,905 Replies, 1,738,880 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
229 Replies, 106,404 Views
Band 4 and Band 5 in Standard... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 32,866 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
469 Replies, 270,168 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
434 Replies, 271,764 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
62 Replies, 34,230 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
734 Replies, 195,714 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
299 Replies, 91,034 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2