Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Home of Div 2 Officers (Ministries/ Statboard) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5193-home-div-2-officers-ministries-statboard.html)

Gryphon 16-04-2015 02:32 PM

Home of Div 2 Officers (Ministries/ Statboard)

Let's have our own discussion/ sharing for Div 2 matters here.

Div2 16-04-2015 02:44 PM

Type of Scheme

Are there different types of scheme other than MSO, ESO, what others scheme there are?

TSO 16-04-2015 03:05 PM

Technical Support Scheme, ...

Unregistered 16-04-2015 04:27 PM

I read that enter in as a diploma holder will be under div 2 (mso), is it true? and able to share the expected salary of a MSO for a male with NS, fresh poly grad?

Depend 16-04-2015 06:17 PM

Is depend on the scheme, each ministry/ statboard might has a different scheme and pay scale.

In depend on which ministries or statboard you enter.

Not all statboard offer MSO scheme.

Unregistered 16-04-2015 07:29 PM

ahh i see. actually i am looking at these positions in CPF; executive (education schemes), investigation officer (recovery) just to name a few.

any insight to it?

Unregistered 16-04-2015 11:57 PM

Executive Officers (EOs) are support roles. Lowest rank in the department.

Div 2 (Non Degree Position)
EO > HEO > SEO

Div 1 (Degree Position)
SE > AM > Mgr > Snr Mgr > AD > DD > Dir > SDir > ...

Iso 17-04-2015 12:15 AM

If your job title indicate "Officer" meaning you are Support Role.

This is the reason in statboard their CEO are call CE. They drop the word officer, as CE are not support role.

Do not mislead by Job title, they might sound big but when it end with officer, meaning you are support role.

Example: Principal Executive Service Officer = Customer Service Counter Staff

Unregistered 17-04-2015 12:54 AM

yup, I understand that, and if i am to apply as a diploma holder, i would be in the support role.

Goody 17-04-2015 01:21 AM

The key word here is put in your full heart to do your best to support whatever job assigned/ dedicated to you.

There is nothing much to prepare.

Unregistered 17-04-2015 01:14 PM

any insight to the salary scale?

Scale 17-04-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65571)
any insight to the salary scale?

As stated above, it is depend on which M/ SB you enter and the experience you can contribute to the organization.

Each M/ SB has their owns scheme and scale.

Sharing 17-04-2015 07:27 PM

Can anyone share more about the combine degree and non-degree scheme?

Understand that there are some changes to the current not degree scheme.

temp111 20-04-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharing (Post 65591)
Can anyone share more about the combine degree and non-degree scheme?

Understand that there are some changes to the current not degree scheme.

Bumps for this qn.

Maybe 02-05-2015 10:08 AM

Example of combine track. Bef & Aft:

Before Combine Track:

MSO: EO > HEO > SEO

MXO: SE > AM > > M > SM > AD > SAD > DD > Dir > SDir

Combined Track:

Executive > SE > AM > M > SM > AD > SAD > DD > Dir > SDir

all MSO title up by one rank, EO renamed as Executive, HEO = AM, ...ect

Unregistered 22-08-2016 12:38 AM

is there div 2 officer being offered pay range of around 3k+?
i just obtained my part-time from unisim (passed with merit), however i was being offered 3k+ for a div 2 officer role and i guess it's mainly because to my past relevant experiences. I was from private sector previously.

in fact div 2 is considered as at diploma level. will there be difficulty to join private sector if i were to take up this offer and leave 3 years later?

Unregistered 22-08-2016 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89717)
is there div 2 officer being offered pay range of around 3k+?
i just obtained my part-time from unisim (passed with merit), however i was being offered 3k+ for a div 2 officer role and i guess it's mainly because to my past relevant experiences. I was from private sector previously.

in fact div 2 is considered as at diploma level. will there be difficulty to join private sector if i were to take up this offer and leave 3 years later?

pls reject the offer. u have a DEGREE.

u are supposed to be under division 1. don't let the management undercut u.

Unregistered 22-08-2016 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89718)
pls reject the offer. u have a DEGREE.

u are supposed to be under division 1. don't let the management undercut u.

really undercut me ah? but div 2 pay wont hit 3k+ i guess?

i been job hunt for close to 4 months, and yup this role is really like a rojak support role. I was thinking to gain experience and move on to private sector after 2-3 years. the job title in fact is xx executive, and my concern is will private sector see me as executive or non-executive from the previous role itself?

this role is actually a non-exec role in stat board, senior officer can then be considered as exec role i guess.

Unregistered 22-08-2016 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89719)

i been job hunt for close to 4 months, and yup this role is really like a rojak support role. I was thinking to gain experience and move on to private sector after 2-3 years. the job title in fact is xx executive, and my concern is will private sector see me as executive or non-executive from the previous role itself?

this role is actually a non-exec role in stat board, senior officer can then be considered as exec role i guess.

U can ask the hr whether its a div 1 or div 2 job. Like the previous poster says, u have a degree, u will regret joining as a div 2.

Unregistered 22-08-2016 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89719)

im the poster from #17.

u paid 15k to 30k SGD for a DEGREE and u are willing to be employed as a DIVISION 2 officer to do sh|t / support work?

the sh|t work isnt tough / difficult but u have to listen to the orders of the management.
and most of the time, management in the civil service are pretty slow n inefficient.
why would u even take n waste your degree then?

and btw if u dont know, almost all div 2 officer jobs are dead end, whether ppl want to admit it...

however if u were to join as DIVISION 1 OFFICER, i can guarantee u that u will earn at least 5K SGD per mth within your first 5 years unless u fk it up big time...

Unregistered 22-08-2016 10:11 AM

Yup true. Actually I felt shortchanged, I just started the job a week ago n happened to saw my job grade under div 2. I don't intend to stay long, at most 2 years n den go back private sector. Coz I did a industry switch from IT to finance. Had a diploma in IT, just obtained degree in finance.

Felt there was misrepresentation in the word xx executive when advertised on jobs ad.

Everything was too late now :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89721)
im the poster from #17.

u paid 15k to 30k SGD for a DEGREE and u are willing to be employed as a DIVISION 2 officer to do sh|t / support work?

the sh|t work isnt tough / difficult but u have to listen to the orders of the management.
and most of the time, management in the civil service are pretty slow n inefficient.
why would u even take n waste your degree then?

and btw if u dont know, almost all div 2 officer jobs are dead end, whether ppl want to admit it...

however if u were to join as DIVISION 1 OFFICER, i can guarantee u that u will earn at least 5K SGD per mth within your first 5 years unless u fk it up big time...

Unregistered 24-08-2016 07:13 AM

The yearly increment and performance bonus also diff for div 1 and div 2.. even tough u start off at 3k+, u will find it hard to reach 4k if every year increment only abt $100.. do u know that for div 1, they enter mx13 after one year if nothing go wrong will promote to mx12.. and this one time increment they will be getting plus $500.. thats y join div 1 more perks.. plus ur not bottom of food chain.. div 2 is like slavery job, cos i also div 2.. everything also do...

Unregistered 24-08-2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89798)
The yearly increment and performance bonus also diff for div 1 and div 2.. even tough u start off at 3k+, u will find it hard to reach 4k if every year increment only abt $100.. do u know that for div 1, they enter mx13 after one year if nothing go wrong will promote to mx12.. and this one time increment they will be getting plus $500.. thats y join div 1 more perks.. plus ur not bottom of food chain.. div 2 is like slavery job, cos i also div 2.. everything also do...

im the same poster from #17 and #20.

what the above guy typed is 100% correct. mx13 if pass probation n emplaced on perm scheme to mx12 will get pay rise of at least $400 upwards.

oh btw, for division 2 officers, it's technically almost impossible to earn 60k per annum before the age of 35 years old (HARSH TRUTH). and the annual increment of div 2 officers ranges from $100 to $130.

Unregistered 24-08-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89812)
im the same poster from #17 and #20.

what the above guy typed is 100% correct. mx13 if pass probation n emplaced on perm scheme to mx12 will get pay rise of at least $400 upwards.

oh btw, for division 2 officers, it's technically almost impossible to earn 60k per annum before the age of 35 years old (HARSH TRUTH). and the annual increment of div 2 officers ranges from $100 to $130.

That's sad to know but with little experience, i can't choose to be in div 1 even I'm armed with degree. I just hope to stay solid 3 years to gain experience, and move on private sector. Currently I'm in investment relevant role.

Unregistered 25-08-2016 06:42 AM

Just curious, they offer u 3k+.. are u now an mx14?, cause i know mx14 pay ceiling is abt max $3.2k

Unregistered 30-10-2021 10:39 AM

if you take suss pt degree while working in cs got chance for promotion to div 1?

Unregistered 30-10-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188514)
if you take suss pt degree while working in cs got chance for promotion to div 1?

No.. u still have to go through normal interview with other candidates when u want take up div 1 post.. does not mean got degree auto promote to div 1.. cause if u now mx14 theres no double promote to mx12 just because of the degree.

Unregistered 30-10-2021 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188534)
No.. u still have to go through normal interview with other candidates when u want take up div 1 post.. does not mean got degree auto promote to div 1.. cause if u now mx14 theres no double promote to mx12 just because of the degree.

can no problem. transfer of service quite common in cs.

Unregistered 01-11-2021 05:58 PM

if div 2 average increment is around $100 - $130, what is div 1 average increment?. I recently just got promoted from div 2 to div 1, so i am curious to know what will the increment be roughly like in div 1.

Unregistered 02-11-2021 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 188805)
if div 2 average increment is around $100 - $130, what is div 1 average increment?. I recently just got promoted from div 2 to div 1, so i am curious to know what will the increment be roughly like in div 1.

The increment is based on your scheme, whether MX, MSO and at which grade.. Div 1 and 2 are just general tiers..