Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Home of Div 2 Officers (Ministries/ Statboard) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5193-home-div-2-officers-ministries-statboard.html)

Unregistered 17-04-2015 01:14 PM

any insight to the salary scale?

Scale 17-04-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65571)
any insight to the salary scale?

As stated above, it is depend on which M/ SB you enter and the experience you can contribute to the organization.

Each M/ SB has their owns scheme and scale.

Sharing 17-04-2015 07:27 PM

Can anyone share more about the combine degree and non-degree scheme?

Understand that there are some changes to the current not degree scheme.

temp111 20-04-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharing (Post 65591)
Can anyone share more about the combine degree and non-degree scheme?

Understand that there are some changes to the current not degree scheme.

Bumps for this qn.

Maybe 02-05-2015 10:08 AM

Example of combine track. Bef & Aft:

Before Combine Track:

MSO: EO > HEO > SEO

MXO: SE > AM > > M > SM > AD > SAD > DD > Dir > SDir

Combined Track:

Executive > SE > AM > M > SM > AD > SAD > DD > Dir > SDir

all MSO title up by one rank, EO renamed as Executive, HEO = AM, ...ect

Unregistered 22-08-2016 12:38 AM

is there div 2 officer being offered pay range of around 3k+?
i just obtained my part-time from unisim (passed with merit), however i was being offered 3k+ for a div 2 officer role and i guess it's mainly because to my past relevant experiences. I was from private sector previously.

in fact div 2 is considered as at diploma level. will there be difficulty to join private sector if i were to take up this offer and leave 3 years later?

Unregistered 22-08-2016 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89717)
is there div 2 officer being offered pay range of around 3k+?
i just obtained my part-time from unisim (passed with merit), however i was being offered 3k+ for a div 2 officer role and i guess it's mainly because to my past relevant experiences. I was from private sector previously.

in fact div 2 is considered as at diploma level. will there be difficulty to join private sector if i were to take up this offer and leave 3 years later?

pls reject the offer. u have a DEGREE.

u are supposed to be under division 1. don't let the management undercut u.

Unregistered 22-08-2016 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89718)
pls reject the offer. u have a DEGREE.

u are supposed to be under division 1. don't let the management undercut u.

really undercut me ah? but div 2 pay wont hit 3k+ i guess?

i been job hunt for close to 4 months, and yup this role is really like a rojak support role. I was thinking to gain experience and move on to private sector after 2-3 years. the job title in fact is xx executive, and my concern is will private sector see me as executive or non-executive from the previous role itself?

this role is actually a non-exec role in stat board, senior officer can then be considered as exec role i guess.

Unregistered 22-08-2016 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89719)

i been job hunt for close to 4 months, and yup this role is really like a rojak support role. I was thinking to gain experience and move on to private sector after 2-3 years. the job title in fact is xx executive, and my concern is will private sector see me as executive or non-executive from the previous role itself?

this role is actually a non-exec role in stat board, senior officer can then be considered as exec role i guess.

U can ask the hr whether its a div 1 or div 2 job. Like the previous poster says, u have a degree, u will regret joining as a div 2.

Unregistered 22-08-2016 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89719)

im the poster from #17.

u paid 15k to 30k SGD for a DEGREE and u are willing to be employed as a DIVISION 2 officer to do sh|t / support work?

the sh|t work isnt tough / difficult but u have to listen to the orders of the management.
and most of the time, management in the civil service are pretty slow n inefficient.
why would u even take n waste your degree then?

and btw if u dont know, almost all div 2 officer jobs are dead end, whether ppl want to admit it...

however if u were to join as DIVISION 1 OFFICER, i can guarantee u that u will earn at least 5K SGD per mth within your first 5 years unless u fk it up big time...