Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Roles in accenture singapore

Old 12-07-2022, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I need some real advice please... before I join I assumed that I would be put on a team and work on internal tools or products or whatever...

I didn't realize that I would be benched.. I am socially awkward and afraid to voice out so will I be benched forever? what do I do? I tried approaching my manager once and he blushed me off
how is someone this hungry for work at accenture

Old 12-07-2022, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
How do you tell if you’re hired organically to do consulting? Sorry rather new and I’m in the TAP business analysis pod and there’s also another consulting pod which is change management. Saw from the TAP list for each pod the change management one have the least people and heard from my HR that change management will go on to S&C in their 3rd year after TAP. But for my business analysis pod although I’m also consulting development analyst but like even all the business and integration analyst also in this BA pod and I’m not even doing consulting work, all of us in this pod do the same work as those business and tech analysts holding the Business Analyst role.

So does it mean those few consulting people in the BA pod are not organically consulting like management consulting? Whereas the change management pod is purely consulting right based on how it looks? No wonder recruiters don’t offer change management pod easily…in fact have asked for it but was sent to BA pod instead
Accenture doesn’t do consulting - they do integration implementation. Rest is just marketing

Old 13-07-2022, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Accenture doesn’t do consulting - they do integration implementation. Rest is just marketing
You do realise there’s a function called Strategy & Consulting right. Tech here is pretty much implementation and integration which they mass hire even if you have zero tech knowledge and can’t do a single tech work. Their strategy and consulting is competitive and they selectively pick their hires. Funny how you’re parking the rest other than your tech implementation to marketing lmao. Don’t need be salty about it bro, no one here is saying tech in Accenture is bad or what lol.

Old 13-07-2022, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

How do we know who our buddy is? The orientation they said will receive an email and nothing was sent on this LOLLL??
Old 13-07-2022, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Unpopular opinion. Did tech, mc, and strategy back when it still existed. All 3 fall short of a proper consulting company. It just doesn't compare but probably have to make the mistake to be in acn and having both views to realize.
Old 13-07-2022, 06:24 PM

zero_88 is on a distinguished road

strategy&consulting r real consulting

Old 13-07-2022, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_88 View Post
strategy&consulting r real consulting
Exactly, to be very honest here. Getting into consulting is way tougher than getting into tech. Every year Accenture mass hire tech analysts, but selected few consulting analysts. Now the talent advancement program there’s two consulting pods (business analysis and change management), the former is pretty bunch tech aka BAs, while the latter change management will move on to T&O practice under strategy and consulting after TAP. This is also why you see change management pod with really little people literally 4x lesser than the BA and other tech and software pods. HR doesn’t automatically promote change management pod or even offer it. People are selected into it by project request.

With that said, no one is saying that tech is bad or whatsoever. It really depends on your strengths and most importantly interest. If you’re in tech but is more interested in consulting, then I guess try applying for certain project roles that touches a little on consulting and see if you really enjoy it. If so and you want to switch to consulting, yes it’s really tough, but under TAP I guess you can switch to BA pod as the closest.
Old 13-07-2022, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Exactly, to be very honest here. Getting into consulting is way tougher than getting into tech. Every year Accenture mass hire tech analysts, but selected few consulting analysts. Now the talent advancement program there’s two consulting pods (business analysis and change management), the former is pretty bunch tech aka BAs, while the latter change management will move on to T&O practice under strategy and consulting after TAP. This is also why you see change management pod with really little people literally 4x lesser than the BA and other tech and software pods. HR doesn’t automatically promote change management pod or even offer it. People are selected into it by project request.

With that said, no one is saying that tech is bad or whatsoever. It really depends on your strengths and most importantly interest. If you’re in tech but is more interested in consulting, then I guess try applying for certain project roles that touches a little on consulting and see if you really enjoy it. If so and you want to switch to consulting, yes it’s really tough, but under TAP I guess you can switch to BA pod as the closest.
Pretty much* sorry typo
Old 14-07-2022, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

I can confirm this. Joined TAP as business and integration arch analyst early last year. Wanted to go into consulting function but hr offered me only tech roles as they said consulting role is very competitive. I took the offer and joined projects as Business Analyst. I’m very very fortunate and lucky that my HR partner and people lead pushed for me to switch pods and roles, from tech pod to business analysis pod. Funny although now I’m holding the consulting development analyst title, I’m still doing business analyst role in projects cos I’m in business analysis pod. Tried asking to be put into change management pod but was rejected. So no point of me going through so much hassle to switch job title to be doing exactly the same tasks at the end. Consulting development analyst in business analysis pod is just a facade, consulting role name but end up is just Business Analyst aka same job as business and integration analysts.

To people who want to choose pods or is lucky to switch, if you want consulting, better to go into change management pod. Business analysis pod is as the name BA, not management consulting.
Old 14-07-2022, 08:44 AM

zero_88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

actually what does consulting do?

I understand what does tech do, but I dun have much idea abt consulting

is it only do some PPT to showcase client?