Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Roles in accenture singapore

Old 30-06-2022, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can’t be so certain with this, people have different reasons of joining specific firms. That’s the reason why sometimes you’ll wonder why a FCH or someone from Ivy League end up at certain companies when they can clearly get into better companies out there.

Accenture is really good for fresh grads as there’s many opportunities to upskilling. Knock some facts into you, MBB hires majority of their employees from grad school with MBA degree. Consulting is a cut throat industry where you’re either ‘up or out’, especially so for too consulting firms.

I’m not speaking for any companies here but I joined Accenture as a fresh grad a couple years ago and am now in one of the MBBs. I think it’s wise for those fresh grads who aren’t from Ivy leagues like local grads etc to work in a consulting firm that provides learning and upskilling opps, and after a few years of working experience you jump to MBB or pure strategy consulting firms out there. You get to promote faster, demand a higher salary and you’re much better positioned.
Couldn’t agree more with this. You can’t find any other companies that gives you so much opportunities to learn and grow yourself. Accenture is good for fresh school leavers, but if you’re coming in with working experience you might want to reconsider. Of course if you’re coming from some small companies or big 4 (not taking about the strategy arm of big 4), Accenture is better than where you’re at. But be prepared for the high ot culture, demanding clients who love to flip flop around, and well certain CCs that don’t do their job.

With relevant working experience, would suggest you to compare other consulting firms out there too and pick the one that suits you. Afterall, you know what you want best and what suits you.

Old 30-06-2022, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey guys, quick question. I've already signed my TAP offer letter & started the onboarding process but just received an e-mail from Accenture to come down to office for a physical interview?

Could someone shed a light on what the interview might be? Is it like a project interview (?) or could be something else? Honestly, the way the e-mail was phrased made it sound like I was still in the interview hiring process so it was really confusing....

I've already e-mailed the recruited to ask but I thought perhaps I could get some opinions here as well if anyone has experienced the same thing!

First time hearing this, better to check with the recruitment. For myself I went through t project interview and managing director interview and signed offer and all.

Old 30-06-2022, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey guys, quick question. I've already signed my TAP offer letter & started the onboarding process but just received an e-mail from Accenture to come down to office for a physical interview?

Could someone shed a light on what the interview might be? Is it like a project interview (?) or could be something else? Honestly, the way the e-mail was phrased made it sound like I was still in the interview hiring process so it was really confusing....

I've already e-mailed the recruited to ask but I thought perhaps I could get some opinions here as well if anyone has experienced the same thing!
Can you share more on what this interview is? Like what’s the subject of the email? If not how we shed light when you just say interview. There’s so many interviews conducted.

But your process like other way round ah, never heard of anyone who signed contract alr and onboard then got interview.

Old 30-06-2022, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Stay mad nerd it took me less than 2 mins to type what i said lmfao you're clearly the same loser crying over and over again. Stop defending yourself in a 3rd person pov it's so fking cringe.
Aiyo bro pity you leh, why you being such a nuisance sia, trying to find cun zai gan here. This thread is for matters relating to ACN, if you’re not a soon to be employee or an employee get the fk out. Stop being an attentions seeking idiot. To the rest, stop entertaining this kind of people.
Old 30-06-2022, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Is it once your current project ends, before joining new projects you always have to go for project interview again? This sounds like we’re applicants lol
Old 30-06-2022, 01:55 PM

Raymond is on a distinguished road

Quote:

It's completely normal.

A friend of mine had this too, it was mostly about his background check stuffs. Prior to TAP he was working at a different tech MNC and had given a notice period but could not get an official "relieving letter" from said company for whatever reason... and Accn wanted this letter as a "proof".

Don't worry about it tbh. You don't have criminal record or anything right?

Quote:
Is it once your current project ends, before joining new projects you always have to go for project interview again? This sounds like we’re applicants lol
That's how tech consulting companies work. DXC also does the same thing.

It's just a formality to ensure that they have the right people for the clients. Nothing to worry about and also it's not every time anyway... got a friend in the company for 3+ years and he said it's quite normal for freshers.

Old 30-06-2022, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
It's completely normal.

A friend of mine had this too, it was mostly about his background check stuffs. Prior to TAP he was working at a different tech MNC and had given a notice period but could not get an official "relieving letter" from said company for whatever reason... and Accn wanted this letter as a "proof".

It's just a formality to ensure that they have the right people for the clients. Nothing to worry about and also it's not every time anyway... got a friend in the company for 3+ years and he said it's quite normal for freshers.
Thanks Raymond for sharing!
Old 30-06-2022, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
It's completely normal.

Hey Raymond, new joiner here and wanted to understand the difference on the TE portal and the monthly pay if they are dependent on one another?

From my understanding, we still get paid monthly salary even if you’re chargeable hours are Low, the TE portal purpose is for chargeable hours which can determine your promotion. Even if you’re on bench doing nothing, you have no chargeable hours but you still get monthly salary right?
Old 30-06-2022, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Is there a wbs charge for your first day where you have the half day integration in office?
Old 30-06-2022, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Is there a wbs charge for your first day where you have the half day integration in office?
As someone who joined earlier in the year, the first 1~2 weeks where we had nothing on, (no orientation/training/project), we were told to charge it as meeting time.

So far, regardless of actual hours, we've just been told to put everything at 8 hours. Doesn't matter if you only had 1 task did it in 2~3 hours and continued to slack at home or had to go down to the office from morning to late evening.

Pay has been the same apart from a random one-time bonus which someone found could be linked to work from home reibursement setup. No one I've known has had to charge lesser hours nor suffered a pay decrease.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app