Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Roles in accenture singapore

Old 01-07-2021, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thank you. I was reading through some of the posts though, and it seems that it's somewhat common to reach SM level in less than 10 years?

What is a typical bonus for SMs at Accenture though? I heard 2 months, which is somewhat low given that they don't have AWS, I think?

at that level i dont think you would care much about bonuses or AWS anymore. accenture rewards in other ways much greater in MONETARY value (not fluff.) than just bonuses.

Old 01-07-2021, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Why Accenture still hiring pure strategy consultant? i thought merged with consulting alrdy?
why do you think they are? you came across the job listing?

Old 01-07-2021, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Thank you. I was reading through some of the posts though, and it seems that it's somewhat common to reach SM level in less than 10 years?

What is a typical bonus for SMs at Accenture though? I heard 2 months, which is somewhat low given that they don't have AWS, I think?
SM can start at 12k. And on average, not many make SM in 9 years. Probably 12-15 years avg.

Pretty sure you are considered a high flyer in your ex-company. 9 YOE with 16k base is really commendable

Old 01-07-2021, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
at that level i dont think you would care much about bonuses or AWS anymore. accenture rewards in other ways much greater in MONETARY value (not fluff.) than just bonuses.
Erm, it's at that level where a month or two's bonus makes a significant difference..
In what other ways does Accenture reward employees, esp at the SM level? This role doesn't offer RSUs as well, it seems.

My current role is quite flexible and not that much work (or maybe I'm just efficient), so I'm a little apprehensive about joining a huge company like ACN, to be honest.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Erm, it's at that level where a month or two's bonus makes a significant difference..
In what other ways does Accenture reward employees, esp at the SM level? This role doesn't offer RSUs as well, it seems.

My current role is quite flexible and not that much work (or maybe I'm just efficient), so I'm a little apprehensive about joining a huge company like ACN, to be honest.
Can expect loads of work and politics if you can handle them then you will rise even further
Old 01-07-2021, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Yeah i would suggest just stay at your current role.

There is quite a huge amount of work at SM level. For eg. You are required to take up several projects at once, and your role in those can be that of a subject matter expert (if you have any skills and exp relevant to the tech used in the project), project manager or client account management. Sounds fluff but trust me there is alot to do. Clients these days are not stupid, they are technically sound and you cant fluff them without technical knowledge as well.

On top of that you need to sell. Therefore you need to know what are the capabilities present in acn that the client organisation does not have yet, and know what is technically feasible (meaning draw up your solution architecture diagrams, have lengthy discussions about dependencies and how BAU can be affected while transition is going on, what is within budget, are the resources skilled enough on acn side to implement the integration etc)

Every SM has to sell, period.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Yes. One aspect often overlooked by people new to consulting, partly because it's so rarely mentioned, is the ability to sell and generate a revenue stream. You can be the most technical guy with the most certificates in the room, but you will never get promoted to very senior levels if you can't bring in sales.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yeah i would suggest just stay at your current role.

There is quite a huge amount of work at SM level. For eg. You are required to take up several projects at once, and your role in those can be that of a subject matter expert (if you have any skills and exp relevant to the tech used in the project), project manager or client account management. Sounds fluff but trust me there is alot to do. Clients these days are not stupid, they are technically sound and you cant fluff them without technical knowledge as well.

On top of that you need to sell. Therefore you need to know what are the capabilities present in acn that the client organisation does not have yet, and know what is technically feasible (meaning draw up your solution architecture diagrams, have lengthy discussions about dependencies and how BAU can be affected while transition is going on, what is within budget, are the resources skilled enough on acn side to implement the integration etc)

Every SM has to sell, period.
Yes, what this person said is true. Pay range is around 16-20+k, but with that amount of work that you are handling and not to mention if you don't perform to expectation, you are out.

Staying put might be a better option.

Usually take around 8-11 years for fresh grad to hit SM level and people also leave around this stage as there's better option out in the market.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi all, I am currently working in the semi con industry (company name starts with m)as an engineer. My base pay is 4.7k per month but I can hit 6k with OT. All in all, I can expect to get 75k to 80k a year. Recently I was offered the senior analyst role with Accenture. Base salary with allowance is 5.4K with a variable bonus of roughly 2 months so I will be getting 72k to 75k per year. Should I take up the offer? I have to OT a lot at my present industry so I don’t really care much for OT. Technicians like to call me in the middle of the night anyways. Brand name wise, my present company should be better as well
Sounds like micron.
Old 02-07-2021, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes, what this person said is true. Pay range is around 16-20+k, but with that amount of work that you are handling and not to mention if you don't perform to expectation, you are out.

Staying put might be a better option.

Usually take around 8-11 years for fresh grad to hit SM level and people also leave around this stage as there's better option out in the market.
Thank you. Yes, it might be hard to justify getting another 3k per month in exchange for much more stress and responsibility. Although it might be good from a career advancement standpoint.

Just a side question though, do all fresh grads eventually hit SM after say ~10 years, assuming that they do actually stay put for that long? And if not, what do you reckon might be the proportion of those who actually make it to SM from fresh grad?