Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Roles in accenture singapore

Old 20-11-2022, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hahah then the same should be done for the higher levels as well.
Tbh with this program, it’s really a good deal for fresh grads though. When we first joined, there isn’t such a program and it was really hard for us to get promoted, let alone being a consultant within 3 years. So, count your blessings.

Also, with this program, I foresee that there will be a lot of people who don’t deserve their promotion at CL9. While it’s good that there is a fixed progression for all analysts, I feel that it’s still vital to ensure that you live up to your pay check and not underdeliver.

Assess the value your contribute against your pay and see if you’re able to convince yourself that you deserve it.
Agree with this viewpoint! I used to think that I am contributing a lot in my first project in a non H&PS, but tbh, it’s nothing compared to my subsequent projects in H&PS.

In addition, sometimes it also helps to speak to others and know where you stand. You might think the world of your project/abilities but when you speak to others, you realise how strong the competition is and this is something that humbles you.

It’s not always about the money. You can always job hop to get a higher pay but Job satisfaction and environment play an important part as well. Right now, I love my team a lot because they made work so much more bearable and things like that are what money cannot buy.

Old 20-11-2022, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Agree with this viewpoint! I used to think that I am contributing a lot in my first project in a non H&PS, but tbh, it’s nothing compared to my subsequent projects in H&PS.

In addition, sometimes it also helps to speak to others and know where you stand. You might think the world of your project/abilities but when you speak to others, you realise how strong the competition is and this is something that humbles you.

It’s not always about the money. You can always job hop to get a higher pay but Job satisfaction and environment play an important part as well. Right now, I love my team a lot because they made work so much more bearable and things like that are what money cannot buy.
good mentality you have there sir, but also hats off to you for being so optimistic / brainwashed..

Old 20-11-2022, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

The only people who say "its not always about the money" are usually people who can't job hop and are poor af, stuck in their shitty job so they try to justify it by some ******** saying "oh I love my team! and my work!" when we all know you wake up everyday miserable af wondering when you can afford to buy your HDB.

Don't be delusional guys. Always chase the money and retire ASAP.

Old 20-11-2022, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
The only people who say "its not always about the money" are usually people who can't job hop and are poor af, stuck in their shitty job so they try to justify it by some ******** saying "oh I love my team! and my work!" when we all know you wake up everyday miserable af wondering when you can afford to buy your HDB.

Don't be delusional guys. Always chase the money and retire ASAP.
I am not being delusional. Money is important and who can resist the temptation of money? I’m saying this because I’ve worked in toxic environments for some of my projects and I’m just happy wherever I am now. Being free of drama in the workplace is such a blessing and I wouldn’t mind sacrificing a higher income for that.

Getting a BTO is not my priority atm LOL. You can say whatever you want but for the first time in my career in Accenture, I could say that I’m really happy because of the people around me and this is what that made me stayed.
Old 20-11-2022, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
good mentality you have there sir, but also hats off to you for being so optimistic / brainwashed..
Hmm I’m not brainwashed at all? LOL. It’s true. If you can’t even convince yourself that you deserve a promotion, your people lead wouldn’t be convinced either. Just hone your skills and make sure youre really darn good and money will eventually come.
Old 20-11-2022, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hmm I’m not brainwashed at all? LOL. It’s true. If you can’t even convince yourself that you deserve a promotion, your people lead wouldn’t be convinced either. Just hone your skills and make sure youre really darn good and money will eventually come.
honestly to each our own, im glad you found a good team in Be@c0n i guess
well i did promote in this dec cycle thanks for the well wishes!

Old 21-11-2022, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
theres a difference cus both of you have different PLs which represented you all with different points during the TD. Also, your friend may also do other co-curricular activities within ACN which you did not for eg.

anyways dont be bitter, bonus given by this company sux
Hello, what about those who joined around the end of the fy? There isn’t any talent discussion for those who joined during this period due to the probation ending after the talent discussion already, so wouldn’t these pool of people supposed to be getting the same bonus or with a very marginal slight difference?
Old 22-11-2022, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

How’s the mindef project? Good or not to join? And how’s the team like there?
Old 22-11-2022, 08:15 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I am not being delusional. Money is important and who can resist the temptation of money? I’m saying this because I’ve worked in toxic environments for some of my projects and I’m just happy wherever I am now. Being free of drama in the workplace is such a blessing and I wouldn’t mind sacrificing a higher income for that.

Getting a BTO is not my priority atm LOL. You can say whatever you want but for the first time in my career in Accenture, I could say that I’m really happy because of the people around me and this is what that made me stayed.
You misunderstood my post entirely.

I have worked in toxic companies as well with low pay and hopped to better places with higher pay, so have many others.

You're delusional because you think that a "normal" working environment justifies you being low-balled and paid like crap. Anyway I agree, it's your career so I have no say, I do however have a say in letting others know that sacrificing pay for better WLB is complete BS as there's companies that offers both to those who wants it.

Good luck.
Old 22-11-2022, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
brother tats not how promotions work...

also how u wan get more money just by being "good"? u good but no one see also bo pian, no pay bump. u wan work in IT need change job de if not confirm hardstuck same pay