Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Roles in accenture singapore

Old 09-11-2022, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just to update on a few of your points, youíre right that consulting people cost more than tech to projects. This makes sense as well given how consulting offers are much more competitive and each recruitment only a handful consulting offers are given out. The roles they hold in projects are vastly different from tech too.

Your cons for consulting on being unable to align to H&PS is not true. Indeed H&PS have some of the biggest budget given the huge project scale. Every project requires consulting people, youíll see in H&PS projects they tend to join the change management team. Change management is one out of five sub offerings for consulting under S&C.

You have also mentioned that youíve not gotten the chance to do much consulting projects. It seems that youíre not a consulting analyst or senior analyst? Correct me if Iím wrong. But if youíre a consulting analyst or senior analyst you are under consulting in S&C, youíll definitely be profiled to consulting roles and youíll hold consulting roles in projects unless thereís no openings or you wanna do tech roles. Consulting projects or consulting roles are only open to consulting analysts or strategy analysts and not tech, thatís the reason why you may have the chance to experience it.

Your cons for tech are true, if youíre looking to go into management consulting, you should be doing consulting work and holding consulting role. Itís the most straightforward.

Easiest is youíre offered a consulting role when you applied which means youíre hired to do consulting in acn. If not, youíll have to do an internal switch which is not any easier youíll need connections or someone at S&C thatís willing to bring you over. Many times if youíre not originally offered a consulting role when you apply, they see that you are not suited for S&C. But now tech is paying quite well too, so if youíre not looking to pursue mgmt consulting non the long term or move on to MBB or strategy house, then you can do tech, it also seems that youíre under tech with the business and integration role.
Hi, I am a consulting SA. Hope that clarifies. Consulting Projects are not plenty. It really depends on what's available atm when you are on the bench/hired.

In terms of alignment, I think you misinterpeted my point. For CM, they are aligned to Talent and Organisation and they are not really aligned to any industries per se. These people are aligned to the Functional Consulting pillar. I'm referring to Industry Consulting specifically. For example, there is MC for Capital Markets, Insurance, CMT, Banking, but there isn't one for H&PS.

Old 09-11-2022, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I see, what made you switch to consulting though? Were you interested in it? I assume after the switch youíve been holding consulting roles in projects? To come across core consulting projects quite rare, cos acn sells many projects related to tech or implementation (thatís what acn is known for also). So on such tech or implementation projects, consulting guys usually take on the change role or maybe functional BA
I was already doing functional work right from the start. So once the TAP program rolled out, I was assigned to one of the pods and naturally my designation switched from BTI to Consulting Development.

Yeah agree with you that consulting projects are pretty rare. Hence, I don't think that there's any value to be aligned to consulting if it's not gonna change the nature of my job scope.

I've spoken to alot of people and many have switched from Consulting to Tech because the kind of work that they are doing isn't aligned to Consulting and it doesn't make sense to be stuck at CL9 for 3-4 years when you can have a faster progression in Tech.

For eg:
Tech (CL9-CL8): 1.5/2 years
Consulting (CL9-CL7): 3/4 years

If you were to stay in Consulting for 2 years as a CL9, your peers would have been promoted to a CL8 and for every year that you don't get promoted to CL7, you will be missing out on the pay increment for a CL8 as your opportunity cost.

Old 09-11-2022, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Whats the increment this year?

Old 09-11-2022, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

New comers who joined recently for a few months how much is the bonus percentage on average?
Old 09-11-2022, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi, I am a consulting SA. Hope that clarifies. Consulting Projects are not plenty. It really depends on what's available atm when you are on the bench/hired.

In terms of alignment, I think you misinterpeted my point. For CM, they are aligned to Talent and Organisation and they are not really aligned to any industries per se. These people are aligned to the Functional Consulting pillar. I'm referring to Industry Consulting specifically. For example, there is MC for Capital Markets, Insurance, CMT, Banking, but there isn't one for H&PS.
Hi, functional consulting or industry consulting, they are all part of S&C for consulting. You can be aligned to functional consulting but still have clients in Cap Markets, insurance, CMT and so on, vice versa for industry consulting. And itís not true that functional consulting just does CMÖ think many have this misconception. Most consulting friends who are aligned to industry consulting holds the BA or functional BA roles in projects, these roles arenít consulting roles per se.

But since youíre already a consulting SA, you may have a better idea if you want to continue in this path or switch out to other functions?
Old 09-11-2022, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Whatís a good pro-rated bonus?

Old 09-11-2022, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi, functional consulting or industry consulting, they are all part of S&C for consulting. You can be aligned to functional consulting but still have clients in Cap Markets, insurance, CMT and so on, vice versa for industry consulting. And itís not true that functional consulting just does CMÖ think many have this misconception. Most consulting friends who are aligned to industry consulting holds the BA or functional BA roles in projects, these roles arenít consulting roles per se.

But since youíre already a consulting SA, you may have a better idea if you want to continue in this path or switch out to other functions?
You donít get it. There is no H&PS under Industry Consulting. Checked with HR already. Itís okie. Thanks for your advice.
Old 09-11-2022, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

First shopee announced layoff, followed by twitter, stripe and now Meta. Seems like the tech bubble is popping again. Not sure if client companies will start to freeze their project budget, leading to excess headcount.

Hopefully it wonít affect the automatic promotion
Old 09-11-2022, 08:12 PM
Newly Promoted

Default Compensation

From Analyst to SA, how much is the salary increment?
From SA Y1 to SA Y2, how much is the salary increment?
Old 10-11-2022, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
You donít get it. There is no H&PS under Industry Consulting. Checked with HR already. Itís okie. Thanks for your advice.
Yes I didnít say H&PS is an industry for industry consulting. But it doesnít stop you from being based in H&PS projects. In fact, itís easier to find a H&PS project than other private sector projects as the big bulk of acn projects are H&PS.