Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Roles in accenture singapore

Old 01-10-2022, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi im a little confused. So Business and Integration analyst is under the BA track, and in the infographic it also mentions that its in under the consulting pod (w change management). Meaning that your talent segment is also in consulting too?
Hi nope, I think a lot people mix up the pod to the dte. That’s different, your talent segment is basically the function/Dte you belong to. So you can hold any role but place in any pod. So do myself as a business and integration arch analyst I’m under the Ba pod, but business and integration role itself falls under technology function not consulting function. So my talent segment in my contract is technology and even my workday job family is also technology not consulting. I’m not sure why they market BA pod as consulting pod lah but if you look at the mailing list, 90% of the 100 Plus people in BA pod are tech analyst or in other words, business and integration analysts. So to make it easier, pod doesn’t align with your role and dte, your role aligns with your talent segment in contract or workday job family. So when you receive your contract you will see they say you’re offered what role and not what pod, “you’re offered business and integration analyst position” you can be placed in any of the pods. Same goes to consulting development analyst whose talent segment is consulting and their job family on workday is consulting, they can be placed in any of the pods too, but they are usually place in the CM pod.

In short:
S&C - Consulting: Consulting development analyst, any pods but usually based in CM pod, a few in BA pod (but they tend to do Business analyst role not really related to consulting)

Technology: Business and Integration Arch Analyst / Business and Integration Delivery Analyst, usually placed in the tech pod

These are the main roles, security analyst will be in security which is part of technology.

Pod don’t determine your talent segment and your function.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-10-2022, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi im a little confused. So Business and Integration analyst is under the BA track, and in the infographic it also mentions that its in under the consulting pod (w change management). Meaning that your talent segment is also in consulting too?
Business and integration architecture analyst and business and integration delivery analyst are technology roles. They belong to Accenture Technology not Accenture S&C. Our talent segment is not consulting. Only Consulting Development Analysts belong to Accenture S&C and their talent segment is consulting. You can see on workday too. The pod is more of the type of project not your talent segment, so it can be mix like BA pod isn’t really consulting pod per se they don’t even have that many consulting analyst in this pod. Your pod dont determine what talent segment and project role you do in projects. But your talent segment aka reflected in your Accenture job title (eg consulting development analyst/business and integration arch or delivery analyst) determines the types off project roles you get in projects. Consulting roles in projects are only for strategy analyst and also consulting development analysts. It depends on what you want, so if you want to be in S&C aka consulting job family/talent segment, you should be accepted the consulting development analyst position and not business and integration arch or delivery analyst position. If you accept the latter you are not part of S&C as you belong under tech, you will need to try to switch to consulting talent segment thereafter if you want but it’s not easy lah as shared by the previous op. Once you’re in you will better understand how it works.

Old 01-10-2022, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi nope, I think a lot people mix up the pod to the dte. That’s different, your talent segment is basically the function/Dte you belong to. So you can hold any role but place in any pod. So do myself as a business and integration arch analyst I’m under the Ba pod, but business and integration role itself falls under technology function not consulting function. So my talent segment in my contract is technology and even my workday job family is also technology not consulting. I’m not sure why they market BA pod as consulting pod lah but if you look at the mailing list, 90% of the 100 Plus people in BA pod are tech analyst or in other words, business and integration analysts. So to make it easier, pod doesn’t align with your role and dte, your role aligns with your talent segment in contract or workday job family. So when you receive your contract you will see they say you’re offered what role and not what pod, “you’re offered business and integration analyst position” you can be placed in any of the pods. Same goes to consulting development analyst whose talent segment is consulting and their job family on workday is consulting, they can be placed in any of the pods too, but they are usually place in the CM pod.

In short:
S&C - Consulting: Consulting development analyst, any pods but usually based in CM pod, a few in BA pod (but they tend to do Business analyst role not really related to consulting)

Technology: Business and Integration Arch Analyst / Business and Integration Delivery Analyst, usually placed in the tech pod

These are the main roles, security analyst will be in security which is part of technology.

Pod don’t determine your talent segment and your function.

Hope this helps!
The person asking about what role belongs to what talent segment and dte, you can refer to this op’s post. I think the “in short” part pretty much sums up everything.

Old 01-10-2022, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
whats the best way to get promoted at ACN? stay in one single function long long? or try to get exposure to different functions
Staying in your own function and doing your role well. It’s not easy to switch function so easily. Like you mean switch from tech or security to consulting? That’s not easy and when you’re in you don’t necessarily get consulting roles in projects too. The easiest to promote is definitely to do well in your own function, because it’s your project that will promote you, you need to bring value to your function for them to be willing to promote you mah. If you keep hopping around, no one will want to promote you, cos once promoted you leave to another function. Promotion for those who switch function is slower also. Like one of my project mate who based on connections managed to switch from his business and integration delivery analyst to consulting development analyst cos he want to be in consulting, he’s already 1 year in the company. But cos of his switch of function, he wasn’t promoted to senior analyst after 1-2 years. If you don’t mind sharing, what level are you at now and how long have you been in the firm?
Old 01-10-2022, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Honestly the TAP program is relatively new and it's also constantly evolving. So people who joined say 1 year ago might not have the most accurate info. For those in consulting pods now, they do graduate to T&O in the future and recently there was a change in title for biz and integration arch analysts under the BA pods to consulting development analyst. No explanation why ah but i have already heard of many such cases. On a forum like this and with Accenture being a huge company, not everyone's info is accurate and they themselves may not even know of the changes cause its not announced so ya always try to get the latest info (like even one year ago info may not be accurate with how fast things change)
Hey I’m one of the cases which you talked about. Hahaha one of my friend told me to share my experience cos he saw your post 😂 so thought may be able to help those who are curious. But just to clear the misconception ah, business and integration analyst are not being changed to consulting development analyst. Consulting development analyst are titles for analysts under consulting track, they are mainly hired to do consulting.

Background of myself is that I wasn’t offered consulting when I applied for Accenture, so I just took the business and integration offer and I worked in this role for one year. I’m very fortunate to met one of the consulting lead in my project and she helped to refer me to consulting track lead. So I had to justify my reason of wanting to switch to consulting and my skills, have to interview. So I managed to switch from my previous business and integration analyst to consulting development analyst and now belong to consulting track. But it’s not easy as you really need strong network and the consulting lead need to be willing to take you in. I have a few peers who tried but failed and remain in their current tech analyst.

But tbh even till now I’m still offered roles such as developer and business analyst in projects, although I switch to consulting but seem to have a difference as compared to those consulting analyst who were hired in directly into the consulting track without needing a switch. They tend to be the ones filling the consulting roles in projects. Not sure how the company segregates actually backend internally. Even when I tried applying for strategy roles in projects, I don’t even get a chance to be interviewed while my friends who were originally consulting development analyst right from the start get to interview. So really think twice if it’s worth the effort to make the switch from tech to consulting cos yes now I get the title but I’m not getting the roles, I’m doing the same tech roles. But I know one or two cases who came in as consulting development analyst but realise they enjoyed the tech roles more so they switch to business and integration analyst. I would say switch from consulting to business and integration is much easier as compared to switch from business and integration to consulting.

If you really want consulting analyst position, whole process is easier if get the consulting offer right from the start.. if you want to make the switch feel free to let me know I’ll see if can help you ah. But don’t expect too much cos you still end up with the tech roles, they really keep the consulting roles for those who were hired directly for consulting
Old 01-10-2022, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Hello is it as long as you hit one year you confirm will be promoted? So if my one year mark is next June I qualify for mid year promotion right so I will be promoted in June and don’t need wait till end year in December? I see so many people around all promoted in Dec only leh that’s already 1.5 years.

Old 01-10-2022, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey I’m one of the cases which you talked about. Hahaha one of my friend told me to share my experience cos he saw your post 😂 so thought may be able to help those who are curious. But just to clear the misconception ah, business and integration analyst are not being changed to consulting development analyst. Consulting development analyst are titles for analysts under consulting track, they are mainly hired to do consulting.

Background of myself is that I wasn’t offered consulting when I applied for Accenture, so I just took the business and integration offer and I worked in this role for one year. I’m very fortunate to met one of the consulting lead in my project and she helped to refer me to consulting track lead. So I had to justify my reason of wanting to switch to consulting and my skills, have to interview. So I managed to switch from my previous business and integration analyst to consulting development analyst and now belong to consulting track. But it’s not easy as you really need strong network and the consulting lead need to be willing to take you in. I have a few peers who tried but failed and remain in their current tech analyst.

But tbh even till now I’m still offered roles such as developer and business analyst in projects, although I switch to consulting but seem to have a difference as compared to those consulting analyst who were hired in directly into the consulting track without needing a switch. They tend to be the ones filling the consulting roles in projects. Not sure how the company segregates actually backend internally. Even when I tried applying for strategy roles in projects, I don’t even get a chance to be interviewed while my friends who were originally consulting development analyst right from the start get to interview. So really think twice if it’s worth the effort to make the switch from tech to consulting cos yes now I get the title but I’m not getting the roles, I’m doing the same tech roles. But I know one or two cases who came in as consulting development analyst but realise they enjoyed the tech roles more so they switch to business and integration analyst. I would say switch from consulting to business and integration is much easier as compared to switch from business and integration to consulting.

If you really want consulting analyst position, whole process is easier if get the consulting offer right from the start.. if you want to make the switch feel free to let me know I’ll see if can help you ah. But don’t expect too much cos you still end up with the tech roles, they really keep the consulting roles for those who were hired directly for consulting
Thanks man for sharing your experience! Congrats that you managed to switch to what you wanted. We have some people asking also during the analyst school and the faculty was saying not everyone is suitable for S&C and once they are in they may feel that they can’t survive there. This sounded quite scary like I know it’s competitive and all but have been hearing some seniors sharing how the consulting team in projects are very small like a handful of consulting analysts and strategy analysts only. So the workload auto become like a lot
Old 01-10-2022, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

Heard the cm pod lead is S&C Managing Director and they every month have gathering, even giving presentations. They also get invited to their town halls and events for network and food and all. Like so much more opportunities than our other pods. I’m not being salty here lah but I tried to indicate that I want consulting analyst offer, hr didn’t offer me. I take the tech role but I asked to be place in cm pod also kena rejected say no promises competitive and all…are we able to just free and easy join the events they have in office hahah I mean they can’t tell right?
Old 02-10-2022, 02:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I think you mix up, the BA pod they market it as one of the consulting pod too. But I’m a business and integration senior analyst in this pod and No such thing as us changing to consulting development analyst. BA pod do have a couple consulting development analyst who are under the consulting track. Easiest way to see it is, if your talent segment in your contract states consulting, you’re under consulting DTE and will graduate to S&C. Basically consulting development analyst have “consulting” as their talent segment in their contract. This can also been seen in your workday, your job family is consulting. Business and integration analyst won’t be changed to consulting development analyst cos the talent segment is totally different. So please don’t mix up and spread wrong info. I get it there’s a few who managed to switch DTE hence you may see them at first being business and integration analyst but managed to switch to consulting and hence they got the title as consulting Development analyst. But making this switch requires connections so not everyone can easily make the switch.
Hey man like i said, things seem to change fast for the program and in the short span of a year. Senior analyst means you one year in already. Can just do a quick look on WD and see the increase in number of consulting devt analysts in BA pod. Majority were biz and integration arch analysts before this change and this largely applies to recent new hires.
Old 02-10-2022, 02:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Heard the cm pod lead is S&C Managing Director and they every month have gathering, even giving presentations. They also get invited to their town halls and events for network and food and all. Like so much more opportunities than our other pods. I’m not being salty here lah but I tried to indicate that I want consulting analyst offer, hr didn’t offer me. I take the tech role but I asked to be place in cm pod also kena rejected say no promises competitive and all…are we able to just free and easy join the events they have in office hahah I mean they can’t tell right?
Maybe cause pod small la easier to organise lol plus they meet monthly sure know if you CM or not

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app