Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Roles in accenture singapore

Old 03-08-2022, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
3.2k is pretty bad... no offence but aren't you the guy who talked bad about other programs? how can you say such thing when you are literally earning less than the average degree holder fresh grad pay....

again no offence, just trying to figure out what was your rationale
3.2k is not for fresh grad ok LOL open your eyes and see what the op said, he’s a diploma grad. This one not dumb is your eyes got problem. Only big 4 pay that little 3k plus god, not even on the same level as Accenture. For a diploma program or pay for diploma holders, 3.2k is already above market ok.

Wonder how much you’re earning to be comparing the salary, and with so much time to spend here. Pretty weird

Old 04-08-2022, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
3.2k is pretty bad... no offence but aren't you the guy who talked bad about other programs? how can you say such thing when you are literally earning less than the average degree holder fresh grad pay....

again no offence, just trying to figure out what was your rationale
Learn to read properly first before replying.

Old 04-08-2022, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yo bro I’m not the one lmao… Accenture’s pay is already considered rather good, you come in with 4.9k and after 1/1.5 yrs, your earn 5.4K, after 1 year, 5.7-5.9k and the next year, 6.1-6.3k, once you’re 3 years in you’re a team lead/consultant and you earn 7k++ a year. Consultants in management consulting under S&C earn slightly more than the technology and operations counterparts. Of course if you compare with MBB, IB those kind then salary is not as good lah, but it’s a lot better than your what dbs, ocbc, uob pay eh??
LOL for that pay but never mention the high OT hours

Limpeh can find a job with higher pay and no OT

Old 04-08-2022, 03:09 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
LOL for that pay but never mention the high OT hours

Limpeh can find a job with higher pay and no OT
Ok share then. High rewards high effort, why got company generous pay you high and don’t expect you to work your ass off.
Old 04-08-2022, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yo bro I’m not the one lmao… Accenture’s pay is already considered rather good, you come in with 4.9k and after 1/1.5 yrs, your earn 5.4K, after 1 year, 5.7-5.9k and the next year, 6.1-6.3k, once you’re 3 years in you’re a team lead/consultant and you earn 7k++ a year. Consultants in management consulting under S&C earn slightly more than the technology and operations counterparts. Of course if you compare with MBB, IB those kind then salary is not as good lah, but it’s a lot better than your what dbs, ocbc, uob pay eh??
4.9k is absolutely hot garbage.

Paypal graduate program pays 5.5k and literally any moron who can code can get in. Same for Visa program, anyone with basic OOP knowledge can get in... this is for 0 YOE btw. There's plenty of better programs for those less technically inclined and better perm roles for the average CS grads.

Also you talk about DBS, are you referring to their SEED program? That's the only tech program I know that some of my uni mates went to. I believe their pay is 5.5k and it's a dumping ground for non-cs kids. Typically most of the CS grads who go there are washed cs grads but still capable enough to coast through the first year of the program without doing much since it's mostly learning period.

Nonetheless, their 5.5k is still better than this 4.9k. Their workload is also a lot easier ( I'm speaking in a CS grad POV btw not a non-dev kid )

I have friends in the Accenture program and it's a lot more work than DBS so no, 4.9k is not better than DBS. It might be a bit better than UOB's 4.5k 1 year program but that comes with a 10k bonus after completion so again, do the math and it's still not better...

If you can counter argue without ad hominem attacks like that crazy "PwningMoron" user ( lol who creates an account just to insult people? Crazy... ), I'll be more than happy to discuss. Otherwise I'll just move on. I just want people to know that there are better places to go so unless you're specifically big on IT Consulting, there's plenty of great tech jobs that are not even FAANG level, let alone medium tech level with better WLB, pay progression, etc.
Old 04-08-2022, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Paypal graduate program pays 5.5k and literally any moron who can code can get in. Same for Visa program, anyone with basic OOP knowledge can get in... this is for 0 YOE btw. There's plenty of better programs for those less technically inclined and better perm roles for the average CS grads.

Also you talk about DBS, are you referring to their SEED program? That's the only tech program I know that some of my uni mates went to. I believe their pay is 5.5k and it's a dumping ground for non-cs kids. Typically most of the CS grads who go there are washed cs grads but still capable enough to coast through the first year of the program without doing much since it's mostly learning period.

Nonetheless, their 5.5k is still better than this 4.9k. Their workload is also a lot easier ( I'm speaking in a CS grad POV btw not a non-dev kid )

I have friends in the Accenture program and it's a lot more work than DBS so no, 4.9k is not better than DBS. It might be a bit better than UOB's 4.5k 1 year program but that comes with a 10k bonus after completion so again, do the math and it's still not better...

If you can counter argue without ad hominem attacks like that crazy "PwningMoron" user ( lol who creates an account just to insult people? Crazy... ), I'll be more than happy to discuss. Otherwise I'll just move on. I just want people to know that there are better places to go so unless you're specifically big on IT Consulting, there's plenty of great tech jobs that are not even FAANG level, let alone medium tech level with better WLB, pay progression, etc.
Thanks for sharing on this. Actually yes those that you have shared are indeed much better in terms of pay, I think that’s also a reason why Accenture has revamped their insurance benefits this year, probably to retain talent or attract talent. Many actually jump ship after a few years here. One bigger factor as to why ppl chose Accenture over those programs you’ve mentioned is cos Accenture is a bigger name especially overseas. For someone with no tech or CS background, then maybe.

But besides Accenture tech roles, majority try to aim to get into the strategy and consulting practice doing management consulting, but most ended up being offered the tech positions.

Am glad you actually shared about the other programs too so it helps us understand the market too. Just ignore the pawningmoron whatever that guy calls himself, many of us here are also exploring and sharing.

Old 05-08-2022, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

If you join in July, will you get the insurance benefits before the new financial year in September? They changing broker right, then until now also didn’t receive my insurance details. So I work 3 months without insurance benefits?
Old 06-08-2022, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
If you join in July, will you get the insurance benefits before the new financial year in September? They changing broker right, then until now also didn’t receive my insurance details. So I work 3 months without insurance benefits?
For the new broker, the email says we get the details mid-August.
Old 06-08-2022, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Lols. I think you got the focus wrong. No one joins accenture to focus on technical work. If coding is your thing, there are better options out there for sure
Old 06-08-2022, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
For the new broker, the email says we get the details mid-August.
Thanks, but it only can be used from sept onwards right? Then for the month of august, the old broker won’t cover new joiners?