Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Roles in accenture singapore

Old 30-06-2022, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Be detailed on what you do at Accenture in your resume so that it showcase your skills and potential similarity in tasks you may be doing if you get an offer. Case interviews are important too as no matter how good your resume is. Practice case interviews, there will be a few rounds. You know how Accenture there’s like courses available, can do some of them like relevant skills that you can tap on in future. Good luck!
Thanks bruv/sis!! Do you like your current strategy work more vs. accenture implementation? And do you foresee yourself being a partner XD

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 01-07-2022, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yup, as far as I can tell, we just use it to say 'these days we did project, those days we did training, and here are my sick/annual leave days'.

Maybe higher ups can clarify if there are times you actually use partial hours?
Thank you mate!

Old 01-07-2022, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
As someone who joined earlier in the year, the first 1~2 weeks where we had nothing on, (no orientation/training/project), we were told to charge it as meeting time.

So far, regardless of actual hours, we've just been told to put everything at 8 hours. Doesn't matter if you only had 1 task did it in 2~3 hours and continued to slack at home or had to go down to the office from morning to late evening.

Pay has been the same apart from a random one-time bonus which someone found could be linked to work from home reibursement setup. No one I've known has had to charge lesser hours nor suffered a pay decrease.
Hihi, we still get paid monthly salary even if your chargeable hours are low, the TE portal purpose is for chargeable hours which can determine your promotion only right? So even if you’re on bench doing nothing, you have no chargeable hours but you still get monthly salary as usual?

Old 01-07-2022, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
As someone who joined earlier in the year, the first 1~2 weeks where we had nothing on, (no orientation/training/project), we were told to charge it as meeting time.

So far, regardless of actual hours, we've just been told to put everything at 8 hours. Doesn't matter if you only had 1 task did it in 2~3 hours and continued to slack at home or had to go down to the office from morning to late evening.

Pay has been the same apart from a random one-time bonus which someone found could be linked to work from home reibursement setup. No one I've known has had to charge lesser hours nor suffered a pay decrease.
How’s your experience at Accenture so far? Anything you don’t like? Am considering applying for the recent opening but wanted to understand more on what it’s like. Hope you do t mind sharing )

SG Bus Timing App

SGX Stocks [iPad] app
Old 01-07-2022, 02:28 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hihi, we still get paid monthly salary even if your chargeable hours are low, the TE portal purpose is for chargeable hours which can determine your promotion only right? So even if you’re on bench doing nothing, you have no chargeable hours but you still get monthly salary as usual?
I'm not sure how you charge hours if you aren't on a project, nor if it would affect your salary. My guess is it doesn't affect your salary (otherwise I think people would quickly consider looking for another job) but likely the longer you stay benched, the harder it is to get in a project.

So most probably when you do get benched, past the first few weeks you'll need to either keep going for courses, pester anyone and everyone to let you in (to a project) and/or consider another job.

Again, that's just my guess, maybe others could chime in.

SG Bus Timing App

SGX Stocks [iPad] app
Old 01-07-2022, 03:52 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
How’s your experience at Accenture so far? Anything you don’t like? Am considering applying for the recent opening but wanted to understand more on what it’s like. Hope you do t mind sharing )
Firstly as others around the net have pointed out, your experience is mainly dependent on your project (i.e. Your team and their work culture). I occasionally talk to a fellow batchmate in a different project and it seems they have it rougher.

My experience can be summarized as :
Pros - Good camaraderie, everyone is nice and friendly.
Cons - Bad/Questionable management and admin.

I'm not good at talking about positive things (like everyone else, it's easier to focus on the negatives), but I'd say at least I'm not dreading work due to a bad/mean colleague. My superiors are often approachable for seeking help, although whether/how I get it is a different matter.

They also tend to be easygoing - If there's work to be done, then do it. Otherwise, whatever you do (e.g. playing games or watching on your phone) is up to you. If you decide you're feeling lazy in the morning and want to do it in the evening, go ahead (assuming it's doable). Just don't complain that nobody wants to adjust their timing to yours, haha.

As for the bad, I think the previous pages of people asking questions from their timeline of being accepted to their first few weeks, shows how poor the administration is. Even now, after working for a few months, I have no idea what I'll be doing after my current task in the project, let alone the next few weeks. Management seems to love keeping suspense and being spontaneous. /s

The way we've been onboarded and taught on the job also leaves a lot to be desired. We know time is tight, everyone's always rushing to meet deadlines and they aren't free to babysit/teach us everything. But being too new while having to learn on the deep end can be emotionally frustrating and stressful. I don't feel like I've learn anything so far, more like just a few 1-time solutions and tricks which makes me rather anxious and doubtful of myself and my future.

A lot of the time when we ask for help, our seniors tend to either fix it themselves or are a bit too brief with their instructions and explanations. So we don't learn much from these instances and while they do say "write it down so you don't forget", our lack of knowledge and understanding means just writing down the literal instructions : Go here, click this, check this part, untick this box, etc.

Sure, maybe we can stare at the screen long enough to understand how this part works in the system, but considering how each new task/problem is usually very different from another, you don't feel like you're getting a grasp on how everything works or fits together, just bits and pieces, here and there.

Then again, this could just be due to my incompetence and maybe lack of interest? Can easily spend hours and days going through game formulas, spreadsheets and wikis for grand strategy to figure out how everything works, but come to this project, I'm constantly stumped as easily frustrated.

Old 01-07-2022, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

anyone received an email regarding leave provision today? what does it mean?
Old 01-07-2022, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Anyone received the updated variation of employment leave after your signed contract? Like they removed the previously stated 16 days annual leave in contract, now they didn’t specify the annual leave days. Anyone experienced the same? So how many annual days are new joiners entitled to now?
Old 01-07-2022, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Firstly as others around the net have pointed out, your experience is mainly dependent on your project (i.e. Your team and their work culture). I occasionally talk to a fellow batchmate in a different project and it seems they have it rougher.

My experience can be summarized as :
Pros - Good camaraderie, everyone is nice and friendly.
Cons - Bad/Questionable management and admin.

I'm not good at talking about positive things (like everyone else, it's easier to focus on the negatives), but I'd say at least I'm not dreading work due to a bad/mean colleague. My superiors are often approachable for seeking help, although whether/how I get it is a different matter.

They also tend to be easygoing - If there's work to be done, then do it. Otherwise, whatever you do (e.g. playing games or watching on your phone) is up to you. If you decide you're feeling lazy in the morning and want to do it in the evening, go ahead (assuming it's doable). Just don't complain that nobody wants to adjust their timing to yours, haha.

As for the bad, I think the previous pages of people asking questions from their timeline of being accepted to their first few weeks, shows how poor the administration is. Even now, after working for a few months, I have no idea what I'll be doing after my current task in the project, let alone the next few weeks. Management seems to love keeping suspense and being spontaneous. /s

The way we've been onboarded and taught on the job also leaves a lot to be desired. We know time is tight, everyone's always rushing to meet deadlines and they aren't free to babysit/teach us everything. But being too new while having to learn on the deep end can be emotionally frustrating and stressful. I don't feel like I've learn anything so far, more like just a few 1-time solutions and tricks which makes me rather anxious and doubtful of myself and my future.

A lot of the time when we ask for help, our seniors tend to either fix it themselves or are a bit too brief with their instructions and explanations. So we don't learn much from these instances and while they do say "write it down so you don't forget", our lack of knowledge and understanding means just writing down the literal instructions : Go here, click this, check this part, untick this box, etc.

Sure, maybe we can stare at the screen long enough to understand how this part works in the system, but considering how each new task/problem is usually very different from another, you don't feel like you're getting a grasp on how everything works or fits together, just bits and pieces, here and there.

Then again, this could just be due to my incompetence and maybe lack of interest? Can easily spend hours and days going through game formulas, spreadsheets and wikis for grand strategy to figure out how everything works, but come to this project, I'm constantly stumped as easily frustrated.
This is consulting for you - expect to be feeling like this all the time because it’s extremely fast paced and high expectations. You’ll build your competence eventually so don’t worry. 2 things have helped me in my time here, good attitude and politics
Old 01-07-2022, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

For us who join in July before the financial year, can we utilise the insurance and leaves? Or have to wait till September then can use?