Roles in accenture singapore - Page 32 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Roles in accenture singapore

Old 25-05-2020, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

In any case, good news for below average grads is that Accenture will pretty much take any moron as long as you can speak decently well, even for a "technical" role.

Personally know of a literature grad who somehow became a tech analyst there -> know him/her personally to be completely brainless with no tech background whatsoever.

So go ahead and apply, they have no standards.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 25-05-2020, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are a handful of private u fresh grads in strat consulting. Go on LinkedIn.

e.g: //sg.linkedin.com/in/charlottechanyj

The only consulting firms with no private u fresh grads are MBB. Then again in those firms, first year associates from NUS/SMU/NTU are also minuscule cuz majority in the Singa office are from target b-schools like Wharton.
cmon ... cloud migration analyst. how is that strat? that's under technology in ACN.

Old 25-05-2020, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Wrong.

There are private uni fresh grads in ACN Strategy & Consulting arm (rebranded)

Source: ACN employee meself (local uni)
you telling me the whole of strategy and consulting paid the same?

in the past ACN strat used to pay significantly more. from what my ex colleagues tell me, they are still paid differently now - just under the same "umbrella".

looking at context, one would assume the meaning to be "there are no private uni fresh grads in ACN strat department / arm / whatever sub-branch you call it"

in the past, yes - tech and mgmt con - especially CDO route has a lot of private uni grads. even management consulting has CDO routed consultants - in change management and T&O. would not be surprised to find them in "strategy and consulting" now.

Old 25-05-2020, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
you telling me the whole of strategy and consulting paid the same?

in the past ACN strat used to pay significantly more. from what my ex colleagues tell me, they are still paid differently now - just under the same "umbrella".

looking at context, one would assume the meaning to be "there are no private uni fresh grads in ACN strat department / arm / whatever sub-branch you call it"

in the past, yes - tech and mgmt con - especially CDO route has a lot of private uni grads. even management consulting has CDO routed consultants - in change management and T&O. would not be surprised to find them in "strategy and consulting" now.
Holy ****, I just corrected you that there are private uni grads in S&C. Calm down, no need to get so riled up.

Besides, why is the hate for private uni so strong and baseless here LOL. FYI, I do feel that some of them at ACN are at least on par with the local uni grads to say the least.

This might sound bias, but ACN is absolutely killing it in consulting rn (in terms of revenue & exit oppts) partly due to the breakneck pace of technological advancements playing to ACN’s strengths. Not as prestigious as MBB obv, but places well because employers are increasingly looking for digital skillsets/exp.
Old 25-05-2020, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Accenture is like a dumping ground for SIM students lol.

Banter aside, it’s a good thing for these kiddos. Any private uni grad who wishes to do consulting will eventually go through ACN before a lateral shift to a proper consulting firm like LEK or ATK. Hey at least the consulting field is inclusive to everyone!

I’m with a tier 2 firm now and I can say that whilst we almost never hire private uni grads for fresh associates, there are couple of private degree holders for experienced hires mostly from ACN and Capgemini (the two consulting entities that are “apologetic” to these private uni kiddos)
Old 25-05-2020, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Holy ****, I just corrected you that there are private uni grads in S&C. Calm down, no need to get so riled up.

Besides, why is the hate for private uni so strong and baseless here LOL. FYI, I do feel that some of them at ACN are at least on par with the local uni grads to say the least.

This might sound bias, but ACN is absolutely killing it in consulting rn (in terms of revenue & exit oppts) partly due to the breakneck pace of technological advancements playing to ACN’s strengths. Not as prestigious as MBB obv, but places well because employers are increasingly looking for digital skillsets/exp.
Apologies if i sounded aggressive. Let me try again.

1) There are NO private uni grads in ACN's Strategy team, which is under "Strategy and Consulting" DTE (or whatever it's called now). Is this accurate?

2) Performance of ACN: No one mentioned anything about ACN not killing it in consulting. It's (one of) the biggest consulting firms globally, just not as prestigious as MBB/OW/ATK and the likes. That put aside, its a relatively good job.

3) Hate of private uni grads: I don't see where's the hate. Factual statements made:
- There are no private uni grads in ACN strat (sub-branch)
- Most, if not all, are in CDO routes

Then again, if private uni grads could enter ACN strat straight out of undergrad it would definitely impact their prestige and the moral of its employees. If you're from INSEAD (which ACN Strat targets twice annually), what would be the perceived brand equity if the dept is open to private uni grads? Perception is a big part of both consulting recruitment and selling work to clients. Hence, the low probability things will change in the future.

Old 26-05-2020, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

LOL private uni grads (not all ofc) must be doing something right to warrant such a heated discussion haha.

Anyway, just dropped by to say that consulting is no longer pure play strategy. In fact, most consulting work (in terms of $$$) are going to tech.

So ACN is technically a "proper" consulting firm now. Make no mistake, strat houses like MBB, OW, Kearney etc are now playing catch up to ACN. You would know if you are in the industry (especially Singapore).
Old 26-05-2020, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
LOL private uni grads (not all ofc) must be doing something right to warrant such a heated discussion haha.

Anyway, just dropped by to say that consulting is no longer pure play strategy. In fact, most consulting work (in terms of $$$) are going to tech.

So ACN is technically a "proper" consulting firm now. Make no mistake, strat houses like MBB, OW, Kearney etc are now playing catch up to ACN. You would know if you are in the industry (especially Singapore).
Yet ACN MDs are headhunted from the firms you’ve mentioned. Jkjk

In terms of revenue stream, yes, Accenture’s clientele is a mammoth owing to its tech-centric approach at scale.

I think the previous poster used the term “proper consulting” to reference base salary compensation for fresh associate hires which ACN does so poorly. Because of this, they’re losing out talents.

Everyone knows ACN is a place to go to when you can’t go to any other strategy house.
Old 26-05-2020, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

My humble opinion is that Mbb/tier 2 playing catch up in tech is one thing, having a good career in the company is another.

Accenture is a good example. A predominantly tech firm with most revenues coming from there, but mc/sc peeps get the most benefits. Similarly, employee to employee comparison, atk ow mbb will have better career paths compared to acn, regardless who in front or behind on the tech front. Unless ur a partner......
Old 26-05-2020, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

mckinsey highers more foreign elite u than local u, no private u (fresh grad level)
acn hires (some) private u

make your own conclusions about quality.

stop being butthurt and be realistic at where you/your firm stands and just do your job well. no use arguing for the sake of ego yeah?