Roles in accenture singapore - Page 282 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Roles in accenture singapore

Old 09-03-2022, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Can those who go for the EE share their experience here after the session? Would appreciate it!

Old 09-03-2022, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for your input! Sorry guys I don't mean to hijack the ACN thread w Marsh stuff but I am weighing my options now since I'm waiting for EE. My application should be with consulting (not sure since email just specified TAP only) because I have 0 tech background.

Glad to hear Marsh's industry is growing and wow up to 8k after 2-3 years is pretty good indeed. Yeah I've also heard stuff about ACN's work culture so that's something to be considered, but a couple years at ACN will make for a nice CV I believe haha.

That's why now I'm curious about the passing rate of candidates for the interview after EE - if it's a 99% more or less confirmed offer then I'll hedge on it, if 50% or less make it through the post EE interview then I should probably play safe and go with Marsh.

Also I should add that while I come from a biz background I have no consulting exp (not even intern) soooo that's why I'm not super confident of my chances of making it through the post EE interview. :/

Better for you to accept Marsh since it’s alr a confirmed offer and there’s an amount of risk for Accenture’s where you still have to go through 2 stages. Also like you’ve said, you have no tech background (assuming no internships in relation too?) and no consulting experience, you highly likely will find it hard to cope when you’re in. Majority of the projects have a tech focus and if you’re interested in consulting, those applicants with consulting exp will have a higher chance of getting the consulting under tap, so you may highly likely be posted for the tech side.

Another option is for you to go with Marsh and maybe after 2-3 years of experience you can jump to Accenture and you’ll be taking a higher position where pay is better and more leadership opportunities for you (do not really need to have in depth skills but more on project management and people management).

Old 09-03-2022, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Thanks for your input! Sorry guys I don't mean to hijack the ACN thread w Marsh stuff but I am weighing my options now since I'm waiting for EE. My application should be with consulting (not sure since email just specified TAP only) because I have 0 tech background.

Glad to hear Marsh's industry is growing and wow up to 8k after 2-3 years is pretty good indeed. Yeah I've also heard stuff about ACN's work culture so that's something to be considered, but a couple years at ACN will make for a nice CV I believe haha.

That's why now I'm curious about the passing rate of candidates for the interview after EE - if it's a 99% more or less confirmed offer then I'll hedge on it, if 50% or less make it through the post EE interview then I should probably play safe and go with Marsh.

Also I should add that while I come from a biz background I have no consulting exp (not even intern) soooo that's why I'm not super confident of my chances of making it through the post EE interview. :/

Accenture definitely helps with the resume and that’s why many want it for an entry role fresh out of Uni. Not too sure how you got progressed when you don’t have consulting experience nor technology background. There are people who couldn’t cope with the rigor of the work and couldn’t be up to speed with the peers, they leave after a few months or a year in because it’s also hard to promote you. Getting in is one thing but you got to think if you can survive in it. Marsh would be a better option for you base on your background.

Old 09-03-2022, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

mechanical and electrical engr can lah.
Old 09-03-2022, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Some people really cmi. No experience no background yet expect to be hired?? Just think la if other applicants have experience and background or more qualified than you, who will the company choose sia.
Old 09-03-2022, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Some people really cmi. No experience no background yet expect to be hired?? Just think la if other applicants have experience and background or more qualified than you, who will the company choose sia.
I mean they alr got through Hackerrank and all despite having 0 background so that says something no??

Sure there’s people who applied with more relevant experiences like being past intern and all but they didn’t even get a response so far. So either HR is really widening their pool of candidates and diversifying selections or they’re not doing their job properly lmao

Old 09-03-2022, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I mean they alr got through Hackerrank and all despite having 0 background so that says something no??

Sure there’s people who applied with more relevant experiences like being past intern and all but they didn’t even get a response so far. So either HR is really widening their pool of candidates and diversifying selections or they’re not doing their job properly lmao
You have to note that those who have yet to hear back are people who applied for the latest opening and those who are going for the EE in this month were from the first opening…so of course make sense that the earliest applications get processed first.

Probs widening selections or making the final decisions and offer after all stages bah.
Old 09-03-2022, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Past interns tend to have a better chance I would say as many from previous batches of TAP were past summer interns. Some of them get to skip certain stages as well. You may ask why past interns are given consideration first, cos they have passed through the several rounds of hiring (pymetrics, hirevue, assessment centre, interview), got it and that’s where they gain experience working in the projects. Candidates who are non interns stand a similarly good chance as well especially those who have internships experiences similar to roles they apply for.

Know a friend who’s in the hr team who shared that they tend to confirm the decisions as to offers or rejects after the EE especially now where the full time hiring process was changed to only having the hackkerank, EE and interview. Unless it’s candidates whose resume really cui then they get rejected. But with several openings for TAP, the team will have to look thru all and pick so at the end of the day they will surely be quite a number of rejections.
Old 09-03-2022, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

This thread for ACN leh…. Why the recent pages all on the guy and his Marsh offer 🤦
Old 09-03-2022, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Hello, can anyone share their experience for the EE? Like what happens during the session and how are applicants evaluated?