Roles in accenture singapore - Page 23 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Roles in accenture singapore

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #221 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2018, 12:17 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

is it possible to transit from technology consulting to management consulting?

I was just offered technology consulting and I was thinking of doing it and transiting to management consulting a few years down the road.

Does this work?

Reply With Quote
  #222 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Yes, it is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is it possible to transit from technology consulting to management consulting?

I was just offered technology consulting and I was thinking of doing it and transiting to management consulting a few years down the road.

Does this work?


Reply With Quote
  #223 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2018, 07:57 AM
zero_88's Avatar
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 169
zero_88 is on a distinguished road
Default

How is the salary like for Software people there?

android developer, is it higher than average?

Reply With Quote
  #224 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2018, 08:17 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Could I ask what are some of your profiles like?
i.e. work experience, industry background, university background/major

Iím 2 years WE, healthcare, nus biz and am considering applying . Any advice?
Reply With Quote
  #225 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2018, 10:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_88 View Post
How is the salary like for Software people there?

android developer, is it higher than average?
Last I heard was 4100, not sure if they got increased got 4300 or not.
Reply With Quote
  #226 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2018, 09:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is it possible to transit from technology consulting to management consulting?

I was just offered technology consulting and I was thinking of doing it and transiting to management consulting a few years down the road.

Does this work?
Which position did you apply? Keen to know how long was your application/interview progress to the final offer.
Reply With Quote

  #227 (permalink)  
Old 06-12-2018, 10:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_88 View Post
How is the salary like for Software people there?

android developer, is it higher than average?
Accenture dun value technical people so your salary and career path won't be as good as those in consulting. They have this thinking that technical skills is easy to train.......which leads to disastrous design and system that are not really maintainable.

But that does not mean you cannot thrive in accenture, if you have tech + biz knowledge, you are already one level above the consulting wannabe (Fresh Grad consultant with zero tech knowledge.. which leads to rainbow and unicorn being promised hehe and you as the developer have to deliver the impossible..good for those who like challenges)

However, technical people dun stay long there since they are undervalued. There are alot better place to start for technical people. Even govtech is better and pay also ard 20% higher than accenture.
Reply With Quote
  #228 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which position did you apply? Keen to know how long was your application/interview progress to the final offer.
You can check the previous posting. I also waited about 4 months from first application to offer.
It actually varies from person to person because it depends on the types of projects that are available and your skills set.

If it helps, I waited 1 month between each round and 1.5 months after the last interview to receive my offer.
Reply With Quote
  #229 (permalink)  
Old 07-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Accenture dun value technical people so your salary and career path won't be as good as those in consulting. They have this thinking that technical skills is easy to train.......which leads to disastrous design and system that are not really maintainable.

But that does not mean you cannot thrive in accenture, if you have tech + biz knowledge, you are already one level above the consulting wannabe (Fresh Grad consultant with zero tech knowledge.. which leads to rainbow and unicorn being promised hehe and you as the developer have to deliver the impossible..good for those who like challenges)

However, technical people dun stay long there since they are undervalued. There are alot better place to start for technical people. Even govtech is better and pay also ard 20% higher than accenture.
Hi is it possible for technical people to transit to the consulting arm? What does it take to facilitate the transition? Networking?
Reply With Quote
  #230 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2018, 07:35 AM
zero_88's Avatar
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 169
zero_88 is on a distinguished road
Default

one year how many month bonus for average performance?

are there even bonus at all?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Career prospect/advancement for Banking sales roles vs Banking "back end" roles happyman Income and Jobs 149 31-12-2016 02:59 PM
Working at Accenture tyroe Income and Jobs 3 23-02-2015 08:38 PM
Working at Accenture codebutter Income and Jobs 4 25-08-2014 01:00 AM
Job roles horiv3 Income and Jobs 1 08-05-2014 12:34 PM
DL degree in BnF: what are some of the junior roles I can apply?? gradfresh Income and Jobs 3 21-04-2014 12:22 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
727 Replies, 362,669 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,828 Replies, 1,704,861 Views
Big Four Promotion/Bonus/Incr... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 5,409 Views
Passive income ideas? ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 16,497 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,380 Replies, 952,620 Views
Anyone applied to MTI before as... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 1,687 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
402 Replies, 262,460 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
825 Replies, 560,218 Views
What is typical RSU and sign on?
4 Replies, 319 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,524 Replies, 1,073,561 Views
Ntu sociology degree ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
59 Replies, 48,315 Views
How much to ask for starting pay... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 7,547 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,010 Replies, 793,568 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
219 Replies, 129,880 Views
How to properly manage the income?
4 Replies, 292 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
782 Replies, 236,638 Views
How much does a nurse earn ? ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 20,644 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
122 Replies, 29,187 Views
MFA- Foreign Service... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 2,656 Views
DBS Strategic Advisory
0 Replies, 117 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,983 Replies, 2,922,513 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,996 Replies, 3,806,485 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
641 Replies, 467,322 Views
How to know you are not fit for...
6 Replies, 783 Views
Software developers salary outlier ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 2,056 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
415 Replies, 306,626 Views
How to avoid giving pass salary...
8 Replies, 700 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
219 Replies, 216,559 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,577 Replies, 5,807,949 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,759 Replies, 819,282 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2