Roles in accenture singapore - Page 193 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Roles in accenture singapore

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1921 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 05:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The truth is that acn experience is vastly different for everyone. No point comparing. U will just be emo about your own life. I have colleagues who get to travel to USA at the end of the year for some lame.convention. they hush hush didnt make a big deal out of it in order to stay under the radar and prevent jealousy.

Another person i know flew to moscow for about 1 month to finish up a project, got to travel afterwards.

Another person i know went to UK for digital analyst school. Got to travel europe afterwards.

A few mgmt consulting analysts went to india/KL for analyst school.

Another person i know flew to BKK every 2 weeks and back for a project there. Can fly his gf in for the weekends to travel. Everything paid.

Just dont compare. Serious. You will be very emo.
Meh. Most analysts in ACN work on local projects, with the rare few travelling to SEA. But do you honestly want to fly to Thailand and Indonesia on mon morning and fly back on thurs night?

US and Europe are extremely extremely rare. Probably only for those tipped for senior mgmt / strategy consultants.

Reply With Quote
  #1922 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 05:40 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Meh. Most analysts in ACN work on local projects, with the rare few travelling to SEA. But do you honestly want to fly to Thailand and Indonesia on mon morning and fly back on thurs night?

US and Europe are extremely extremely rare. Probably only for those tipped for senior mgmt / strategy consultants.
Yeah rare. But during the heydays, all of them had a chance to go. Its just a matter of which month they prefer to go. For example when the analyst school in UK had its intake, many didnt want to go during Jan as it is too cold. So some opted for march/april. But every analyst in that batch had the opportunity to go. But pls ah, take note its only analysts in a very specific group. But there were many. Not a small group.

If you go back maybe 5-6 years, every analyst had the opportunity to go to the analyst school in US for 2 weeks. Hps analysts maybe no. But back then hps had their analysts from tech and consulting, and analysts from these 2 groups had the chance to go too.

Hps projects like to say no money no money to the lower level people. But just look at how they accelerate the promotions of people M and above then u tell me really no money or not.

Reply With Quote
  #1923 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 05:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Meh. Most analysts in ACN work on local projects, with the rare few travelling to SEA. But do you honestly want to fly to Thailand and Indonesia on mon morning and fly back on thurs night?

US and Europe are extremely extremely rare. Probably only for those tipped for senior mgmt / strategy consultants.
Flying for project has its perks. Not entirely bad. For example you get per diems which adds more money to your pay. On top of that you get to expense some meals to the clients account. Usually dinners at nice restaurants to unwind your day. Travel to and fro workplace and hotel also expense to clients. Every morning free hotel breakfast. And at hotel obviously you can choose to unwind using the hotel's facilities after work. Depending on how u manage your time or rather how bad the project is.

When u stay at hotels you get to clock some points. When u fly also get to earn miles. When u eat maybe also can clock some points depending on the card u use and restaurant loyalty programmes.

U dont have to fly back every weekend. You can take the time to explore the city, do some travels. If you very family oriented die die must flyback, pls ask for HPS projects. Guaranteed stay in sg forever. The option is there for you. Now with covid obviously everything at home so no choice there.

Reply With Quote
  #1924 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 05:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Flying for project has its perks. Not entirely bad. For example you get per diems which adds more money to your pay. On top of that you get to expense some meals to the clients account. Usually dinners at nice restaurants to unwind your day. Travel to and fro workplace and hotel also expense to clients. Every morning free hotel breakfast. And at hotel obviously you can choose to unwind using the hotel's facilities after work. Depending on how u manage your time or rather how bad the project is.

When u stay at hotels you get to clock some points. When u fly also get to earn miles. When u eat maybe also can clock some points depending on the card u use and restaurant loyalty programmes.

U dont have to fly back every weekend. You can take the time to explore the city, do some travels. If you very family oriented die die must flyback, pls ask for HPS projects. Guaranteed stay in sg forever. The option is there for you. Now with covid obviously everything at home so no choice there.
ACN SG got little to no travel la
Reply With Quote
  #1925 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 07:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ACN SG got little to no travel la
Im writing on acn SG. U think i talking about acn in other countries?
Reply With Quote
  #1926 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 07:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Im writing on acn SG. U think i talking about acn in other countries?
And Iím saying your info is outdated.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #1927 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 07:44 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Flying for project has its perks. Not entirely bad. For example you get per diems which adds more money to your pay. On top of that you get to expense some meals to the clients account. Usually dinners at nice restaurants to unwind your day. Travel to and fro workplace and hotel also expense to clients. Every morning free hotel breakfast. And at hotel obviously you can choose to unwind using the hotel's facilities after work. Depending on how u manage your time or rather how bad the project is.

When u stay at hotels you get to clock some points. When u fly also get to earn miles. When u eat maybe also can clock some points depending on the card u use and restaurant loyalty programmes.

U dont have to fly back every weekend. You can take the time to explore the city, do some travels. If you very family oriented die die must flyback, pls ask for HPS projects. Guaranteed stay in sg forever. The option is there for you. Now with covid obviously everything at home so no choice there.
Typical singaporean. Go overseas work but think so much abt the points from credit card lol
Reply With Quote
  #1928 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 10:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
BA wont be able to recommend any tech solutions. It is usually done by subject matter experts (senior managers, directors, MDs) who are solution architects. And there would be many of them brainstorming a particular solution, considering everything that has to be considered in terms of technical feasibility, fit for deployment into current environment or whatever etc, then that solution would be brought to the clients to pitch and hopefully win against the many other vendors who are doing the same.

Most likely you are a lowly developer who only worked with BA at the lower level who gave rubbish ideas to you from the clients-unfiltered and force you to implement.

Just think about this from another POV: would you dare to recommend a solution which does not work to a client, thereby putting your whole career on the line? Lets say you will be tasked to drive the project, would u be willing to take charge of a project which is doomed to fail? Lets say you are a MD, 50% of your pay is locked into acn shares, would you dare to propose a solution which is created by a bunch of low level BAs?
hahaha sadly so many acn failed so i guess the MD is too rich to care ahahaha
Reply With Quote
  #1929 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 10:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
BA wont be able to recommend any tech solutions. It is usually done by subject matter experts (senior managers, directors, MDs) who are solution architects. And there would be many of them brainstorming a particular solution, considering everything that has to be considered in terms of technical feasibility, fit for deployment into current environment or whatever etc, then that solution would be brought to the clients to pitch and hopefully win against the many other vendors who are doing the same.

Most likely you are a lowly developer who only worked with BA at the lower level who gave rubbish ideas to you from the clients-unfiltered and force you to implement.

Just think about this from another POV: would you dare to recommend a solution which does not work to a client, thereby putting your whole career on the line? Lets say you will be tasked to drive the project, would u be willing to take charge of a project which is doomed to fail? Lets say you are a MD, 50% of your pay is locked into acn shares, would you dare to propose a solution which is created by a bunch of low level BAs?
hahaha what is a lowly developer sia. Are you a highly BA or highly developer hahaha. High level BAs also product rubbish consistency too.
Reply With Quote
  #1930 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2021, 10:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hahaha what is a lowly developer sia. Are you a highly BA or highly developer hahaha. High level BAs also product rubbish consistency too.
Got BAs at higher career levels? Which level and where?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working at Accenture tyroe Income and Jobs 16 26-04-2021 12:30 AM
Career prospect/advancement for Banking sales roles vs Banking "back end" roles happyman Income and Jobs 149 31-12-2016 02:59 PM
Working at Accenture codebutter Income and Jobs 4 25-08-2014 01:00 AM
Job roles horiv3 Income and Jobs 1 08-05-2014 12:34 PM
DL degree in BnF: what are some of the junior roles I can apply?? gradfresh Income and Jobs 3 21-04-2014 12:22 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
68 Replies, 22,068 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,683 Replies, 4,601,258 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,565 Replies, 7,339,107 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,003 Replies, 2,497,980 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 139,214 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 133,376 Views
Jumping from Stat Board into...
1 Replies, 75 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 57,166 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,009 Replies, 520,455 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,846 Replies, 607,721 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
437 Replies, 273,880 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,748 Replies, 1,409,422 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,910 Replies, 1,746,597 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
233 Replies, 108,138 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,640 Replies, 1,275,907 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,682 Replies, 4,351,291 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,332 Replies, 571,141 Views
business analyst
1 Replies, 2,751 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,059 Replies, 2,521,178 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 4,231 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
625 Replies, 98,028 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
867 Replies, 221,274 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,515 Replies, 730,756 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 369,642 Views
Anyone work in AVA Animal Health... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 8,886 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 3,432 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 737,709 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
471 Replies, 272,080 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
63 Replies, 35,214 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
327 Replies, 452,796 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2