Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

payscheme of GLCs

Old 22-02-2015, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTU View Post
So for my caseoing analytics in hospital as an executive with a comp sci degree from ntu is consider what scheme?
Kindly advise, thanks
if you intend to apply for a job, they would tell you what scheme you will be in if you ask them about the career progression pathway lor.

Old 27-02-2015, 06:25 PM

Fearoftheunknown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
honestly, I always think that local grads should try out stat boards/directly with the ministry. with 2nd upper hons, you should be able to get a higher starting salary than in the GLCs. If you are so interested in healthcare, why not try HPB, HSA or MOH?
It's easier said than done. Higher salary, better perks would require someone with a certain no. of years of experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTU View Post
So for my caseoing analytics in hospital as an executive with a comp sci degree from ntu is consider what scheme?
Kindly advise, thanks
Normal job grade 11.

Old 27-02-2015, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearoftheunknown View Post
It's easier said than done. Higher salary, better perks would require someone with a certain no. of years of experience.

Normal job grade 11.
what's the pay range for a normal job grade 11? not all pte sector jobs have grading so im not sure how it works.

Old 28-02-2015, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what's the pay range for a normal job grade 11? not all pte sector jobs have grading so im not sure how it works.
About $2.8 - $3.1, depending whether you have honours, and no. of years of relevant experience.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:42 AM
HR executive

Smile

Quote:
About $2.8 - $3.1, depending whether you have honours, and no. of years of relevant experience.
Are you the figures are so low? I dun think so personally...
Old 01-03-2015, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Know someone from Health care glc. Second lower 3k. Served ns, not sure if that affected the pay or not

Old 01-03-2015, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR executive View Post
Are you the figures are so low? I dun think so personally...
Healthcare sector don't really pay well for administration (this includes HR, corp comms, medical affairs, finance, support services, etc), because most of the profits go to the rock stars of the field (eg: doctors, research & allied health). People tend to go into healthcare with the passion to serve in a people-oriented environment, and with the purpose of playing a role in improving the quality of lives of patients.

You may be wondering what I mean by administration plays a role in improving patients' lives. Without administration, hospitals can never function smoothly. Singapore hospitals are regarded as top quality because of the JCI awarded by the international committee. The administration do contribute to the success substantially just as much as healthcare professionals by working behind the scenes day and night. They are indeed the unsung heroes.

Despite the lower salaries, it can be pretty inspiring and meaningful to work in a healthcare-based setting, for healthcare is certainly of one of the fields where you perceived every individual staff as "Every joint supplies" (pun not intended). To me, that is very gratifying and beautiful. How many organisations or industry where one can really say they feel important no matter which dept they are from? Compare with FMCG industry, where the sales and marketing dept are celebrated and are the rock stars in the company, and other depts' achievements are downplayed and neglected just because they are deemed not as crucial to the survival of the company. I personally know some people in administration who left 1 healthcare institution to join another institution. Proves that there is a deeper meaning beneath their decision to stay in healthcare, and money is not everything in a career. Yes, I am highly idealistic, and I feel compel to share my insights from another perspective.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 01-03-2015, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Healthcare sector don't really pay well for administration (this includes HR, corp comms, medical affairs, finance, support services, etc), because most of the profits go to the rock stars of the field (eg: doctors, research & allied health). People tend to go into healthcare with the passion to serve in a people-oriented environment, and with the purpose of playing a role in improving the quality of lives of patients.

You may be wondering what I mean by administration plays a role in improving patients' lives. Without administration, hospitals can never function smoothly. Singapore hospitals are regarded as top quality because of the JCI awarded by the international committee. The administration do contribute to the success substantially just as much as healthcare professionals by working behind the scenes day and night. They are indeed the unsung heroes.

Despite the lower salaries, it can be pretty inspiring and meaningful to work in a healthcare-based setting, for healthcare is certainly of one of the fields where you perceived every individual staff as "Every joint supplies" (pun not intended). To me, that is very gratifying and beautiful. How many organisations or industry where one can really say they feel important no matter which dept they are from? Compare with FMCG industry, where the sales and marketing dept are celebrated and are the rock stars in the company, and other depts' achievements are downplayed and neglected just because they are deemed not as crucial to the survival of the company. I personally know some people in administration who left 1 healthcare institution to join another institution. Proves that there is a deeper meaning beneath their decision to stay in healthcare, and money is not everything in a career. Yes, I am highly idealistic, and I feel compel to share my insights from another perspective.
Leaving one health instituition to join another doesn't neccesarily mean having a deeper meaning to their decision to stay in healthcare. It could mean that their skills are not transferable to other industries, especially operations. Or it could mean that alternative jobs are just as low paying.

Personally, healthcare work culture isn't quite my cup of tea. Bureaucratic and hierarchical. Extreme worshipping of doctors. Having worked in other industries before, I was very surprised by the poor treatment of the staff by doctors. And such rude behavior is condoned.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:58 PM
NTU

Smile

Are you working as HR in healthcare?
So medical affairs belongs to which scheme specially?
Old 01-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Actually in my experience the looking down on support function like IT/HR/Admin/Sales Support/Customer Service/ Procurement etc is everywhere since they are cost center rather than revenue generator.

But the culture is more uncheck in local companies or smaller mncs which are run like local culture. Almost all the GLCs have typical local mentality. A HR admin wil get bully by doctors in healthcare GLC, but similarly they will also get bullied by the leasing side if its a property GLC or stamp on by BD guys if its a telco GLC.

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app