ITE lecturer - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




ITE lecturer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 28-01-2015, 10:56 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 14
Javin is on a distinguished road
Default ITE lecturer

Hi guys!

Would like to check if what's the average promotion period for ITE staff? And also if you guys have any additional information. Don't mind just share here. E.g. Salary range / work experience / other working committees / projects / working environment.

Thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 29-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javin View Post
Hi guys!

Would like to check if what's the average promotion period for ITE staff? And also if you guys have any additional information. Don't mind just share here. E.g. Salary range / work experience / other working committees / projects / working environment.

Thanks in advance!
Lecturer usually pay 7-9k, after 7-8 years of working most will promote to Senior Lecturer pay range 9-12k

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 29-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 14
Javin is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi, thanks for the advice. However, may i know what's the entry pay for grads with 2-3 yrs of working experience? Or rather how much can they ask for?

Cheers


Last edited by Javin; 29-01-2015 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Add on more information
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 29-01-2015, 11:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lecturer usually pay 7-9k, after 7-8 years of working most will promote to Senior Lecturer pay range 9-12k
Wow, that's quite alot. Is this accurate? Seems to be more than poly lecturers lol. What are the lecturers' qualifications? Phds? Or just bachelor's? Because if my uni lecturers know this they will probably all run to ITEs.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 30-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Most of the ITE lecturers are private degree types like SIM, MDIS, RMIT, Monash, Curtin etc. Some of them have a few technical certs issued by trade bodies usually related to blue collar jobs. Those with local deg will choose to lecture in poly instead.

ITE lecturer is just a fancy name for teacher. In fact if you look at the academic qualification of the ITE lecturers, most are below even MOE secondary school teachers.

I really doubt any of these so called lecturers are making more than 6k. The younger ones maybe 3-4k the well experienced senior kind with >10 years exp maybe 4-5k.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 30-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Most of the ITE lecturers are private degree types like SIM, MDIS, RMIT, Monash, Curtin etc. Some of them have a few technical certs issued by trade bodies usually related to blue collar jobs. Those with local deg will choose to lecture in poly instead.

ITE lecturer is just a fancy name for teacher. In fact if you look at the academic qualification of the ITE lecturers, most are below even MOE secondary school teachers.

I really doubt any of these so called lecturers are making more than 6k. The younger ones maybe 3-4k the well experienced senior kind with >10 years exp maybe 4-5k.
hello scumbag... look down on ite lecturer for what. just because ppl not good at exam kana condem har. ite has many highly successful top execs from fortune 500 co who teach for passion or do partime as sideline ok.
Reply With Quote

  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2015, 01:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Most of the ITE lecturers are private degree types like SIM, MDIS, RMIT, Monash, Curtin etc. Some of them have a few technical certs issued by trade bodies usually related to blue collar jobs. Those with local deg will choose to lecture in poly instead.

ITE lecturer is just a fancy name for teacher. In fact if you look at the academic qualification of the ITE lecturers, most are below even MOE secondary school teachers.

I really doubt any of these so called lecturers are making more than 6k. The younger ones maybe 3-4k the well experienced senior kind with >10 years exp maybe 4-5k.
Get your facts right before blasting nonsensical stuff in here... every single quote by you is wrong... So obviously you dont know so STFU...
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i know of many ite lecturers that are fch from local unis and even some well known foreign unis. many are also snr mgt in pte sector that are serving as part time lecturing. obviously some are just posting condescending nonsense to put down others.


SG BusLeh mobile app
SG BusLeh - the best bus app - available on iPhone and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2016, 05:02 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Ite

ITE lecturer here. First of all: yes, we are teachers with a fancy job title. But we are way above MOE teachers as we prepare the students to be ready for the industry, which in turn will help them to earn a living. Coming to teach in ITE is a calling and you must be patient with the students. Having said that, the salary is not too shabby and the welfare/work-life balance cannot be found elsewhere.

For those in the lowest salary scale (for diploma holders with at least 3 years of full time working experience), salary ranges between 2700 to 2900. I fall under this category as my degree is from a private university, so I was employed based on my diploma. The cap for those in this scale is around 4300. But diploma holders with degrees from private unis can be emplaced to the degree holder salary scale. ITE does not hire fresh graduates (with diplomas and degrees), with the exception of the PE and Lifeskill department.

Degree holders with industry experience (at least 3 years full time), ITE will normally match or pay more than your current salary. Based on that, they will then place you in the appropriate salary scale.

There are 4 bonuses: mid year, end of year, 13th month (calendar year) and performance (financial year). No point competing with your colleagues for the performance bonus as the grades are given on a take-turn basis since everyone is doing the same job.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2016, 07:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Thanks! So is it true that after 7 - 8 years, one can expect to be senior lecturer and a pay of $9-12k?

If so, then annual income can $150k - $180k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ITE lecturer here. First of all: yes, we are teachers with a fancy job title. But we are way above MOE teachers as we prepare the students to be ready for the industry, which in turn will help them to earn a living. Coming to teach in ITE is a calling and you must be patient with the students. Having said that, the salary is not too shabby and the welfare/work-life balance cannot be found elsewhere.

For those in the lowest salary scale (for diploma holders with at least 3 years of full time working experience), salary ranges between 2700 to 2900. I fall under this category as my degree is from a private university, so I was employed based on my diploma. The cap for those in this scale is around 4300. But diploma holders with degrees from private unis can be emplaced to the degree holder salary scale. ITE does not hire fresh graduates (with diplomas and degrees), with the exception of the PE and Lifeskill department.

Degree holders with industry experience (at least 3 years full time), ITE will normally match or pay more than your current salary. Based on that, they will then place you in the appropriate salary scale.

There are 4 bonuses: mid year, end of year, 13th month (calendar year) and performance (financial year). No point competing with your colleagues for the performance bonus as the grades are given on a take-turn basis since everyone is doing the same job.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ITE lecturer Enciel Income and Jobs 4 08-04-2015 08:47 PM
ITE lecturer lecturer (full and part time) purple steps Income and Jobs 0 30-10-2013 10:06 AM
Lecturer position at NUS pug Income and Jobs 0 12-03-2013 01:17 PM
Lecturer job in Singapore karen123 Income and Jobs 2 09-01-2013 09:19 AM
How much pay should I expect as a lecturer? veil Income and Jobs 23 27-12-2012 08:08 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,233 Replies, 999,039 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
329 Replies, 252,408 Views
MINDEF enlistment inspector
2 Replies, 187 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
88 Replies, 99,966 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,986 Replies, 1,349,128 Views
International Relations Careers
0 Replies, 44 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
285 Replies, 46,162 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,905 Replies, 5,106,336 Views
SPF (Direct-Entry Inspector)
5 Replies, 388 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,682 Replies, 476,002 Views
Heineken APAC Graduate Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
271 Replies, 110,143 Views
I am getting promoted in Jan 2020... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 2,978 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
285 Replies, 222,216 Views
Anyone from Bank of America... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 2,264 Views
NCS Salary range and Promotion...
0 Replies, 194 Views
Salary increment on contract...
1 Replies, 272 Views
career at astar pays so low? ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 34,490 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
360 Replies, 162,960 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,755 Replies, 814,759 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,848 Replies, 1,718,082 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
103 Replies, 86,307 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,005 Replies, 799,004 Views
Senior Lab officer @ IMRE
8 Replies, 4,081 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,587 Replies, 963,445 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
35 Replies, 40,439 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,063 Replies, 469,560 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
132 Replies, 48,008 Views
Civil/Public Sector -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
380 Replies, 192,623 Views
Need career advice
3 Replies, 450 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,841 Replies, 2,054,225 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2