Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ITE (lecturer) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/4962-institute-technical-education-lecturer.html)

Unregistered 14-04-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116933)
I believe it is not fair to just judge based on this.
I also got hired 3 years ago on ax5, converted to ips6, promoted to ips 7 this year. It is really about your work attitude and ability.
Now salary close to 6k.
Started with 4k also.

Which part of the person's statement are you making a counter argument?

The person didnt say that the increment or promotion is terrible, just that the job isn't as well paid per hour as it was years ago.

Now close to 6k means yearly increase 20%, it would be nice to unpack how you achieved this for us to learn the right attitude and ability to be so successful.

Unregistered 16-06-2019 03:16 PM

how to apply for ite part-time lecturer in early childhood sector

Hi all,

Does anyone have info on entry qualification and exp required for ITE part - time lecturer job in early childhood sector.

Thanks

Unregistered 20-06-2019 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91289)
Think base on your experience should be offered about 5.5-6k as a lecturer.

Teach in ITE is not only pay good, most of the girls are hiao hiao and easy type, easy to date and can piak piak young girls age around 16 to 18, extra perk!

Unregistered 20-06-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116973)

The person didnt say that the increment or promotion is terrible, just that the job isn't as well paid per hour as it was years ago.

Now close to 6k means yearly increase 20%, it would be nice to unpack how you achieved this for us to learn the right attitude and ability to be so successful.

How old are you? 30?

Unregistered 20-06-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116973)

He did said
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 116883)
The salary is very low and the working hours bad after the recent adjustment. Usually 12 hours of work and under 4k salary. They started aggressively targeting people with minor experience like 2-3 years.

the current ITE Poly Scheme (IPS) scheme is the same for Poly and ITE, if a person join ITE or Poly for the pay then he better don come in to teach.

as he mentioned staff with minor experience like 2-3 years, i will assumed they drawing 3.8k ("since is under 4k") with an avg of 17mth/annual = 64.6k / 12 for around 5.38k/mth, i think is a very good salary already for a 2-3 years exp lecturer.

to give u some perspective:
IPS 8 - 5660 (min) 7800(max)
IPS 7 - 4900 (min) 6800(max)
IPS 6 - 4240 (min) 5870(max) - entry with more exp
IPS 5 - 2800 (min) 5300(max) - entry lecturer

Unregistered 03-09-2019 03:04 AM

Are there any strict restrictions certs and physical presentation?

Hi,

if diploma and degree are from private institutes, will i still have a chance to apply for a lecturer role? Both certs are not relevant to the course i am looking to apply, but i’ve been in the industry for about 8 years.

Is ITE strict on physical presentation for lecturers? Not talking about tattoos but more on hair length, hair color etc

I am not going for high paying job, but rather will like to teach and share my experience with the students there. I am also an ITE student in my younger days.

Unregistered 24-09-2019 05:37 PM

Any age limit to be ITE lecturer?

Hi,
Is there an age limit to which ITE will accept lecturers? I am nearing 50 but felt my calling to teach young adults with my wealth of experience. I am willing to take a paycut but am not confident that ITE will accept me due to my age.

aliphonse 16-01-2020 03:23 PM

ITE lecturer interview

Hi all,
I have 10 years of building project and maintenance experience, NTU degree (2nd lower) and NUS master with the industrial cert matched the job requirement, currently just hit 40yo & married. My last drawn is 6k plus. Recently I was invited for interview as ITE for lecturer post after long wait. Is it reasonable to put 7k as expected salary? Or should I just put same as my last drawn salary.
Look forward to all feedback.

Unregistered 18-01-2020 06:51 AM

I was previously lecturing at a private education institution. I have a masters and 4 years exp. My degree is a first class honours from NUS but not related to what I am lecturing on. I am currently only drawing a pay of about 4.9k.

What is a reasonable amount to ask for in my new role at ITE as a lecturer?

Unregistered 20-02-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128159)
I was previously lecturing at a private education institution. I have a masters and 4 years exp. My degree is a first class honours from NUS but not related to what I am lecturing on. I am currently only drawing a pay of about 4.9k.

What is a reasonable amount to ask for in my new role at ITE as a lecturer?

Are you lecturing the same subject?