Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ITE (lecturer) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/4962-institute-technical-education-lecturer.html)

Unregistered 08-05-2020 05:44 AM

i think ITE lecturer only hires with relevant industrial experience should be able to match the current 60k annual package.

aliphonse 08-05-2020 02:43 PM

Hi, roughly how much is the annual increment for ITE lecturer? average performance.

Unregistered 08-05-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliphonse (Post 133536)
Hi, roughly how much is the annual increment for ITE lecturer? average performance.

200 plus to 300plus.

But can expect zero next year.
And zero bonus

Unregistered 15-05-2020 02:46 AM

Hi, just want to know. Is there any monetary incentive for ite lecturer. Something like that of connect plan for MOE Teachers.

sinkingfeeling 15-05-2020 04:05 AM

As a poly/ite lecturer, you can expect to face more pressure and stress from management than from students :(

Unregistered 15-05-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133511)
Yes, $60k is my current annual package. I see, would they usually match up to the annual package last drawn?

Ite lecturer should demand minimum 120K pa, otherwise be pri/sec sch teacher better progression

Unregistered 28-05-2020 05:54 AM

Hi all,

I'm interested in Lecturer under Lifeskills / Retail Services.
Mid 20s initially planned for full time uni but due to current family financial state...
so ya,
5 yrs full time exp in sales + customer service (3yrs as assistant cs manager)
dip in engineering + 4 yrs part time exp in sales.

any chance? may i know the pay range?
thank you!

Unregistered 28-05-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135459)
Hi all,

I'm interested in Lecturer under Lifeskills / Retail Services.
Mid 20s initially planned for full time uni but due to current family financial state...
so ya,
5 yrs full time exp in sales + customer service (3yrs as assistant cs manager)
dip in engineering + 4 yrs part time exp in sales.

any chance? may i know the pay range?
thank you!

Got chance if you can show you have the industry experience and knowledge + skills to teach. Will definitely be required to prepare and conduct a sample lesson during interview. Reading off powerpoint slides = fail.

Since you are young, you might be looked upon favorably if you have the ability to engage students vs older applicants in their 40s / 50s. Of course you will need to back this up with what is in the para above.

Salary is mainly based on qualifications and matched to the corresponding grade. Diploma pay is about the same across public service.

Unregistered 28-05-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134218)
Ite lecturer should demand minimum 120K pa, otherwise be pri/sec sch teacher better progression

Yes plus outside perks not bad too. Can get to piak piak Xiao Lians occasionally too!

Unregistered 28-05-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 135480)
Got chance if you can show you have the industry experience and knowledge + skills to teach. Will definitely be required to prepare and conduct a sample lesson during interview. Reading off powerpoint slides = fail.

Since you are young, you might be looked upon favorably if you have the ability to engage students vs older applicants in their 40s / 50s. Of course you will need to back this up with what is in the para above.

Salary is mainly based on qualifications and matched to the corresponding grade. Diploma pay is about the same across public service.

Thank you so much for your insights!
Let just say, I’ve the capabilities and performed well for the interview.
My last drawn salary was 3300
You think is it possible for them to pay me that amount now? :/