Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ITE (lecturer) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/4962-institute-technical-education-lecturer.html)

Unregistered 17-04-2020 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132315)
Just to share my experience:

21 Dec - send in application
28 Jan - got a call for interview
12 Feb - 1st interview
13 Feb - 2nd interview - campus walkabout
6 Mar - got the offer call
12 Mar - contract signing

One of my friend is also a lecturer and was told that the waiting time varies depending on the urgency of the role to fill.

Good luck!

congrats on landing the job in such troubled times! may i know if there are any presentation or short lecturing you have to do during the interview process?

l

Unregistered 18-04-2020 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132355)
congrats on landing the job in such troubled times! may i know if there are any presentation or short lecturing you have to do during the interview process?

l

Thanks!

Yes, there is a short presentation you need to do - about 5 minutes long.
Prior to the interview, you will be given a topic to present related to the course you're applying for.

I missed 1 point on my timeline:
20 Feb - HR called to inform they will be reaching out to my referee & to provide additional documents such as IRAS NOA.

Unregistered 18-04-2020 11:52 AM

what is the starting pay you ask for? im asking for 4400 with 5 yrs working experience. now still waiting for hr get back... went through 2 rounds of interview.

Unregistered 18-04-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132409)
what is the starting pay you ask for? im asking for 4400 with 5 yrs working experience. now still waiting for hr get back... went through 2 rounds of interview.

4.4...? With 5 years working experience? Are you degree holder or no?

Unregistered 18-04-2020 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132411)
4.4...? With 5 years working experience? Are you degree holder or no?

just obtain parttime degree from suss. is it too low? my current pay is not even 3k+.

Unregistered 18-04-2020 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132438)
just obtain parttime degree from suss. is it too low? my current pay is not even 3k+.

apologies typo... mid 3k..

Unregistered 08-05-2020 02:41 AM

Ite lecturer

Hi, would like to seek advice on the below:

- How many hours are allocated for teaching versus admin work (preparing course materials i supposed)?
- How many students to one lecturer? Not sure if the curriculum is like a mass lecture for the whole cohort or are students split into classes?
- How likely is the pay going to be matched? I have almost three years of experience at a big 4 firm earning $4k+, private degree.

Thanks!

Unregistered 08-05-2020 02:45 AM

Just to add on, annual around $60k (keeping in mind ite lecturer have 17 months as annual)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133507)
Hi, would like to seek advice on the below:

- How many hours are allocated for teaching versus admin work (preparing course materials i supposed)?
- How many students to one lecturer? Not sure if the curriculum is like a mass lecture for the whole cohort or are students split into classes?
- How likely is the pay going to be matched? I have almost three years of experience at a big 4 firm earning $4k+, private degree.

Thanks!

Unregistered 08-05-2020 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133508)
Just to add on, annual around $60k (keeping in mind ite lecturer have 17 months as annual)

$60K refers to the annual package you are drawing at big 4? Or your expectations for ITE lecturer? 17 months is too optimistic an expectation for ITE lecturer in this current climate.

Unregistered 08-05-2020 03:18 AM

Yes, $60k is my current annual package. I see, would they usually match up to the annual package last drawn?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133509)
$60K refers to the annual package you are drawing at big 4? Or your expectations for ITE lecturer? 17 months is too optimistic an expectation for ITE lecturer in this current climate.