Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Graduate Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4917-dbs-graduate-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 19-07-2019 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121764)
I am in a small malaysian bank, with 1 year of experience.

Am hoping to clock 2-3 more years of experience and hopefully have a chance to be granted an interview for the GA program.

Any advise if they take people with experience?

Malaysian want to work on top bank like DBS premier MA program? Dream off la. Malaysian uni are so inferior to Singapore!

Unregistered 19-07-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121782)
Malaysian want to work on top bank like DBS premier MA program? Dream off la. Malaysian uni are so inferior to Singapore!

I was referring to GA program, not MA. I am a Singaporean working in a Malaysian bank in Singapore.

Wonder why people are so hostile and defensive over a simple question.

I simply wanted to know if DBS would ever consider people with 2-3 years or more of experience for their GA program thats all.

Unregistered 19-07-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121788)
I was referring to GA program, not MA. I am a Singaporean working in a Malaysian bank in Singapore.

I simply wanted to know if DBS would ever consider people with 2-3 years or more of experience for their GA program thats all.

Hey I think you should apply while you are within 1 year of graduation

Try not too wait past the 1.5 year mark, it’ll be much much harder to join fresh grad programs

Hope this is helpful

Unregistered 19-07-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121792)
Hey I think you should apply while you are within 1 year of graduation

Try not too wait past the 1.5 year mark, it’ll be much much harder to join fresh grad programs

Hope this is helpful

Thank you for the answer. I didnt graduate from a local university and my grades are not fantastic either.

So my plan for now is to work hard for 2-3 years first before trying to apply for the GA program.

Hopefully they will make an exception, and at least even look at my resume.

Unregistered 19-07-2019 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121801)
Thank you for the answer. I didnt graduate from a local university and my grades are not fantastic either.

So my plan for now is to work hard for 2-3 years first before trying to apply for the GA program.

nah the point isnt more years of experience in order to enter a programme meant for FRESH GRADS aka ZERO years of experience.

for FRESH GRAD programmes like this, no amount of years of experience helps. you just have to graduate from the right target universities and with the proper Class of honours.

you can check back 2-3 years later here, and you will never make it. that is the sad truth. wake up now before you get your hopes up only to see them crushed.

Unregistered 19-07-2019 11:35 PM

Yup agree, you’d do better with entering an experienced role in a couple of years

Build up your experience and apply for an experienced role

Unregistered 21-07-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121788)

Summore you from Malaysia bank. Everyone knows how Malaysian corporate stuffs are much inferior to Singapore. Which singapore bank in the right mind will choose you when they have so many others to choose from! Bodoh!

Unregistered 22-07-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121801)

Hey could you shed more light on what you’re currently doing?

If you’re in personal wealth, I think you can just try and apply entry level into local banks alr

Unregistered 22-07-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121868)
Summore you from Malaysia bank. Everyone knows how Malaysian corporate stuffs are much inferior to Singapore. Which singapore bank in the right mind will choose you when they have so many others to choose from! Bodoh!

I am the top business graduate from SMU 3 years ago and i did not managed to get in. You this kind inferior uni grad sure no chance one la ....

Unregistered 27-07-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121918)
I am the top business graduate from SMU 3 years ago and i did not managed to get in. You this kind inferior uni grad sure no chance one la ....

you top business grad can't even get into dbs ga because you cmi la