Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Graduate Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4917-dbs-graduate-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 05-07-2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121289)
ocbc and uob non MA programme salary for entry level is lower than dbs. Also dbs MAP prior to 2019 is an entry level programme for fresh grads without any exp. You are obviously either not in the banking industry or are ignorant of the different programmes in the banks for fresh grads. Or probably just lazy to do your research. Whichever the reasons posting such comments and not comparing apple with apple does not reflect well on you.

Agree. Stupid people like him. Confirm from private uni!

Ninjawarrior 06-07-2019 12:55 AM

Ocbc YBP has only 3 rounds of interview (vid, f2f). Easy. 4.2k/4.7k. Entry level.
Dbs GA has online assessments, Vid interview, 12 hour assessment day, last round f2f panel interview. Only 3.8k. Entry level. Haha joke. Hired about 10-15 ppl (past trends).
Have friends rejecting the DBS programme because of the relatively lower pay and accepted the ones at UOB/oc instead

But then again...you’ll make the decision yourself :)
To each his own

Unregistered 06-07-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninjawarrior (Post 121301)
Ocbc YBP has only 3 rounds of interview (vid, f2f). Easy. 4.2k/4.7k. Entry level.
Dbs GA has online assessments, Vid interview, 12 hour assessment day, last round f2f panel interview. Only 3.8k. Entry level. Haha joke. Hired about 10-15 ppl (past trends).
Have friends rejecting the DBS programme because of the relatively lower pay and accepted the ones at UOB/oc instead

To each his own

Why are you so ignorant? OCBC YBP is equivalent of DBS MAP not DBS GAP. Also equivalent to UOB MAP and not UOB fresh grad direct hire. DBS MAP Salary for fresh grads prior to 2019 is 4.6k -6k. You are not comparing the right programme. Are you sure you are a degree holder?

Unregistered 06-07-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

To each his own

Of course your friends will chose OCBC YBP or UOB MAP over DBS GAP. ocbc YBP is like a MAP. But i doubt anybody will choose ocbc YBP/ uob MAP over DBS MAP.

What the people in this forum is trying to tell you is that you need to compare apple with apple. Any bank has more than 1 type of programme for fresh grads - direct hire, GAP , MAP, global MAP etc. By comparing another bank MAP with DBS GAP only shows your ignorance. Also are you even aware that uob non MAP for fresh grads is below 3.5k? 4.4k is for MAP.

Cool off before u rebut. Being defensive over a wrong comparison/argument only shows your ignorance and immaturity.

Unregistered 06-07-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

To each his own

Of course your friends will choose ocbc YBP or uob MAP over DBS GAP. Ocbc YBP is like a MAP. But i doubt anybody will choose Ocbc YBP/UOB MAP over Dbs MAP. You are not comparing apple with apple. By comparing another bank MAP with DBS GAP only shows your ignorance.

What the people in this forum is trying to tell you is that there is more than 1 type of programme in a bank for fresh grads - direct hire, GAP, MAP, Global MAP (Citi) etc. So you need to compare similar/equivalent programme. You cannot simply compare salary of MAP in one bank with that of GAP of another bank and conclude that one bank pays higher than the other. MAP in any company usually pays higher than a GAP.

By the way are you even aware that UOB fresh grad salary for non MAP is below 3.5k?

Cool off before you rebut. Being defensive over a wrong comparison/argument only shows your immaturity and ignorance.

Unregistered 06-07-2019 05:28 PM

Well many of the programmes that you come across are sugar coated as “MA” (mostly for marketing purposes if you realised). However, if you actually take a look at the description of the programme itself. Ocbc YGb isn’t exactly a Ma programme where you get rotated across different departments which is similar to the Ga programme at DBs. Don’t be fooled 😂

PrettyUnicorn 06-07-2019 06:33 PM

I kind of agree with Ninja dude over here. He’s coming in from the perspective of the programmes that do not require any years of exp. in that sense, he’s comparing with DBS GA and OCBC young Bankers and UOB map. It’s also true that many of the management associate programmes are just a marketing thing and for OC for instance, you don’t get rotated across different departments (treasury, capital markets, ops, risk etc etc).

In that sense, both programmes are quite comparable I would say
#someonewhowentforOCBCYBPinterview

Unregistered 06-07-2019 09:49 PM

I think DBS MAP cannot be compared to OCBC GTP and UOB MAP.

Because OCBC GTP and UOB MAP, fresh grads are accepted while DBS MAP needs 2-3 years experience if I am correct?

Unregistered 07-07-2019 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121338)
I think DBS MAP cannot be compared to OCBC GTP and UOB MAP.

Because OCBC GTP and UOB MAP, fresh grads are accepted while DBS MAP needs 2-3 years experience if I am correct?

only for the 2019 intake as DBS is trying out if it works. In the past DBS MAP was for fresh grads and so it was like OCBC YBP and UOB MAP.

Unregistered 07-07-2019 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121341)
only for the 2019 intake as DBS is trying out if it works. In the past DBS MAP was for fresh grads and so it was like OCBC YBP and UOB MAP.

Incorrect, I applied to dbs map two years back and I clearly remember it was for candidates with 2- 3 years experience. Definitely not a fresh grad program all along