Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Graduate Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4917-dbs-graduate-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 24-11-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75769)
Hiiii all,

Anyone applied for SME banking program?

me! but no replies :(

Unregistered 26-11-2015 01:10 PM

SME Banking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75787)
me! but no replies :(

Hii,

I think they are still busy conducting interviews for tech and ops
Probably still need some time haha

Unregistered 26-11-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75927)
Hii,

I think they are still busy conducting interviews for tech and ops
Probably still need some time haha

different HR and line manager, no overlap. But interviews depend on the functional group timeline, SME and T&O usually don't do interviews at the same time.

Unregistered 26-11-2015 01:22 PM

Panel interview

Hi, has anyone went for the panel interview this week? how is it like and what are some of the questions asked? I just took my assessment test and is waiting for results. haha

Unregistered 26-11-2015 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75929)
different HR and line manager, no overlap. But interviews depend on the functional group timeline, SME and T&O usually don't do interviews at the same time.

Hii,

Thanks for the information.

Still waiting though, hope can get any reply :)

Unregistered 01-12-2015 02:30 PM

GA Ops & Tech

Process:
1. Two online tests: 50 Qn in 12 minutes + Personality test
2. Video Interview (6 qn)
3. Online test (SHL on Demand)
4. Panel Interview with Case Study

Typical reply within 2 weeks. Start pay $3.8k with $10k bond for 2 yrs.

tchen003 04-12-2015 04:17 PM

Hi everyone!

I read through all the 40 page posts, wah!
I am graduating in 2016 and applied for DBS GA in Tech.
I received the email for panel interview two days ago. The interview date is not confirmed yet but should be in December.

Also might I know how should I prepared for the interview? I really lost my confidence in final interview after being rejected by several famous investment banks after went through their final interviews.

paganihulk 04-12-2015 10:24 PM

Anyone received a panel interview for DBS grad programme in Operations?

Unregistered 08-12-2015 08:43 PM

Hi, just wanna check if anyone has received an offer for DBS Grad Prog - Ops? Thanks!

Unregistered 08-12-2015 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76599)
Hi, just wanna check if anyone has received an offer for DBS Grad Prog - Ops? Thanks!

Yes an offer was made to me.
3.8k position in operations. 2 yr bond (10k).

additionally, i will like to hear from any current GAs in the programme (particularly in operations). please do share your experience (learning opportunities). those who completed their programme, are you still with DBS and what are your current positions. Much appreciated.

tchen003 08-12-2015 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76608)
Yes an offer was made to me.
3.8k position in operations. 2 yr bond (10k).

additionally, i will like to hear from any current GAs in the programme (particularly in operations). please do share your experience (learning opportunities). those who completed their programme, are you still with DBS and what are your current positions. Much appreciated.

Is there any bonus? heard that 8k... really??

Unregistered 14-12-2015 11:39 AM

Hi I got an offer from GAP at DBS.

3.8K is right and there is a 2 year bond.

But this 2 year bond is 10K worth right? but I only hear 2 year bond thats all.

Anyone helps?

Unregistered 16-12-2015 12:27 AM

Hi, anyone know what is the typical progress in term of salary and position at the end of the 2 years bond?

Unregistered 16-12-2015 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76889)
Hi, anyone know what is the typical progress in term of salary and position at the end of the 2 years bond?

depends on which program. some program is 3 years long

Unregistered 16-12-2015 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76890)
depends on which program. some program is 3 years long

What's the difference, and mind sharing the progression path and salary?

Unregistered 16-12-2015 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76891)

Hi,

Nope, none of the management/graduate associate programmes in DBS are three years long. Max is two years.

At the end of the programme (e.g. after two years), you will jump rank from Analyst to Associate. With that, you of course also will have an increase in rank pay.

As for the career prospects, it is really up to you to strive hard yourself after the end of the programme. Unlike the scholars in civil service, where PSC will constantly monitor you and fast track you for x number of years, associates in the bank will have to prove their worth. Which I think is good too.

Unregistered 16-12-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76895)
Hi,

Nope, none of the management/graduate associate programmes in DBS are three years long. Max is two years.

At the end of the programme (e.g. after two years), you will jump rank from Analyst to Associate. With that, you of course also will have an increase in rank pay.

As for the career prospects, it is really up to you to strive hard yourself after the end of the programme. Unlike the scholars in civil service, where PSC will constantly monitor you and fast track you for x number of years, associates in the bank will have to prove their worth. Which I think is good too.

anddddd wrong. RBMP is 3 years long with bond. But seeing how it is no longer on the website the program might not be doing that well 2 years after inception.

Unregistered 16-12-2015 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76891)

Initially, there was only program in the bank, which is the MA program. They expanded by adding the T&O GA program in 2011 and further expanded it by adding retail banking sales, management and SME banking in 2013.

Pay have recently been aligned, so all GA program have same pay. MA is on another scale. For 2 year program it is a "given" that you be promoted to associate after 2 years, but that is not in the contract so it can be taken away. Salary progression was good, but it is not pretty in the recent years.

One thing to note is that you have absolutely no choice in your placement of departments, functions or markets for the first year. And once you are in that market, you can never go to another one. Second year rotation are based on the wimps of the GA MC, unless you are A, really really good, or B, on really good relationship with the MC, you will never get the rotation you want.

personal advice, come in as a fresh hire, more opportunities abound, better pay potential and greater control on your department of choice

Unregistered 17-12-2015 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76922)
Initially, there was only program in the bank, which is the MA program. They expanded by adding the T&O GA program in 2011 and further expanded it by adding retail banking sales, management and SME banking in 2013.

Pay have recently been aligned, so all GA program have same pay. MA is on another scale. For 2 year program it is a "given" that you be promoted to associate after 2 years, but that is not in the contract so it can be taken away. Salary progression was good, but it is not pretty in the recent years.

One thing to note is that you have absolutely no choice in your placement of departments, functions or markets for the first year. And once you are in that market, you can never go to another one. Second year rotation are based on the wimps of the GA MC, unless you are A, really really good, or B, on really good relationship with the MC, you will never get the rotation you want.

personal advice, come in as a fresh hire, more opportunities abound, better pay potential and greater control on your department of choice

What's the promotion pay for associate after 2 years?

Unregistered 18-12-2015 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76933)
What's the promotion pay for associate after 2 years?

See performance, function, market, economy. Ranges from 2 digit up

Unregistered 24-12-2015 07:56 PM

Dbs sme gap2016

Hi,
Anyone applied for SME Gap and received reply from the HR yet? Will they notify if rejected?

Thank you.

Unregistered 28-12-2015 01:59 AM

Dbs sme gap

Applied in Sept. Only got a reply last week. Did the online assessment and video assessment so I'm waiting to hear more from them now.

Unregistered 28-12-2015 11:58 AM

Gap sme

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77286)
Applied in Sept. Only got a reply last week. Did the online assessment and video assessment so I'm waiting to hear more from them now.

Yes me too I just completed the video interview. If anyone receives a reply after this do kindly let the rest of us know? Thank you!!!

Unregistered 29-12-2015 02:43 AM

Mind sharing more on the video interview?

Unregistered 04-01-2016 06:37 PM

Retail banking Gap

Hi, anyone received reply for the retail banking arm for the gap? Thank you

Unregistered 04-01-2016 09:52 PM

Dbs gap

Hi all, can anyone tell me how long it takes between completing a video interview and being invited to panel interview for GAP? Especially those who have been to the panel interviews.

Unregistered 05-01-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77569)
Hi all, can anyone tell me how long it takes between completing a video interview and being invited to panel interview for GAP? Especially those who have been to the panel interviews.

I got the invite about 1.5 months after the video interview

Unregistered 05-01-2016 04:07 PM

Case Study

Anyone did the panel interview? How is the case study like? Could anyone please share? thanks!!

Unregistered 05-01-2016 05:36 PM

You're applying for tech?

Quebec 06-01-2016 12:07 PM

Panel interview!

hey guys!

Anyone went for panel interview for g&a T&O?
How's the case study like? After around 1 month, i received notification for the panel interview, but im not sure how to prepare for the case study.

Appreciate any tips! Will also share my experience aft the interview

Quebec 06-01-2016 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77341)
Mind sharing more on the video interview?

There's around 6 questions asked on a random basis, most of them are experiential questions whereby they will ask you about a time where u showed initiative or solved a problem. I had a weird qn which asked me to think of a new colour! They also will give u around 30 second to wrap up and for u to state why u want to be in dbs or in that role - basically to add on.

Unregistered 06-01-2016 06:12 PM

Panel interview and case study

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 76828)
Hi I got an offer from GAP at DBS.

3.8K is right and there is a 2 year bond.

But this 2 year bond is 10K worth right? but I only hear 2 year bond thats all.

Anyone helps?

Hi congrats on getting the offer. I pretty sure there is only a two year bond, but not sure if it's worth 10k. Anyway anyone mind sharing how the case study is like and what are the questions ask during he panel interview?

Unregistered 06-01-2016 06:26 PM

Panel interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quebec (Post 77632)
hey guys!

Anyone went for panel interview for g&a T&O?
How's the case study like? After around 1 month, i received notification for the panel interview, but im not sure how to prepare for the case study.

Appreciate any tips! Will also share my experience aft the interview

Hi congrats!!! I also got an invitation for the interview two weeks later! When is yours? Would appreciate anyone who went for the interview to share their experience! Thanks thanks

Quebec 07-01-2016 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77653)
Hi congrats!!! I also got an invitation for the interview two weeks later! When is yours? Would appreciate anyone who went for the interview to share their experience! Thanks thanks

Congrats to u too for pulling through the stages! Mine is next week! Not so sure how to prepare for it though hais

Unregistered 12-01-2016 03:10 PM

Hi, out of curiosity, does anyone know if DBS started their interviews for applicants of the MA Program?

Unregistered 12-01-2016 04:55 PM

Hi, I am an avp in HSBC in the tech department. I join banking about 3 years from a non banking industry. Can I know what is the equivalent title in local banks, for say DBS.

Unregistered 16-01-2016 06:41 PM

Outcome of panel interview

Hi all! Does anyone know how long will they take to get back to you if you are selected after the panel interview.

Unregistered 17-01-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77652)
Hi congrats on getting the offer. I pretty sure there is only a two year bond, but not sure if it's worth 10k. Anyway anyone mind sharing how the case study is like and what are the questions ask during he panel interview?

keen to know as well. is the interview technical??

Unregistered 17-01-2016 04:30 PM

may i ask how long did u all wait between the video interview and the next round?

and is the next round more online tests or the interview?

Unregistered 18-01-2016 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77652)

Hey, I saw you were talking about something like 3.8k and 10k, so, what exactly is the currency? USD or SGD