Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Graduate Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4917-dbs-graduate-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 28-12-2021 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195341)
Maybe state why you say otherwise so we can have a better picture? Are you HR? Are you part of the program? Or friends with someone who is?

The other poster mentioned at least 2 very accurate info which I myself could verify (1 being that invitation was sent out today and 2 being there was only 1 AC date) Anyway, the value is suggested only because he/she saw it on mycareersfuture which is a govt website and likely posted by DBS themselves. The application has closed so the job posting can longer be found but I would be inclined to believe him/her.

And the thing is it was a reply to someone asking a qns and they were at least being helpful.

I'm sorry but I can confirm that there has been more than 1 AC held by DBS. There has been one early AC completed in late Nov and from my knowledge, the Dec AC is to fill leftover slots.

I have been offered a graduate position in DBS early Dec.

Unregistered 28-12-2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195384)
if they really pay 4.5k then i'm scooting out of HSBC and going straight to DBS

i've got an offer from Singtel ($5k) and waiting for an offer from DBS... not sure how much they offering. anything less than $5k i'm going singtel

Unregistered 28-12-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195388)
i've got an offer from Singtel ($5k) and waiting for an offer from DBS... not sure how much they offering. anything less than $5k i'm going singtel

Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees...

Since both are Sinkie coys anyway you're better off going for the bank, at least it opens up opportunities to jump to other banks later on. 500 less per month is not a big deal unless you are that low SES.

Unregistered 28-12-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195409)
Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees...

Since both are Sinkie coys anyway you're better off going for the bank, at least it opens up opportunities to jump to other banks later on. 500 less per month is not a big deal unless you are that low SES.

singtel-grab digibank also?

Unregistered 28-12-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195385)
I'm sorry but I can confirm that there has been more than 1 AC held by DBS. There has been one early AC completed in late Nov and from my knowledge, the Dec AC is to fill leftover slots.

I have been offered a graduate position in DBS early Dec.

There are 5 AC held yearly

Unregistered 28-12-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195415)
singtel-grab digibank also?

They are primarily a telecomms company. If you are joining with the express purpose of being emplaced in their fintech arm, good luck to you if you don't end up anywhere near there.

Unregistered 28-12-2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195417)
They are primarily a telecomms company. If you are joining with the express purpose of being emplaced in their fintech arm, good luck to you if you don't end up anywhere near there.

nah I don't see it that way. don't get me wrong, DBS is a great company but I think Singtel's pretty solid as well. I had a look at Singtel's business model and it's so much more than the typical "telco" that is etched in everyone's mind.

Unregistered 28-12-2021 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195434)
nah I don't see it that way. don't get me wrong, DBS is a great company but I think Singtel's pretty solid as well. I had a look at Singtel's business model and it's so much more than the typical "telco" that is etched in everyone's mind.

If you really did your DD and still are bullish on Singtel's prospects then all the best to you

Unregistered 28-12-2021 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195437)
If you really did your DD and still are bullish on Singtel's prospects then all the best to you

the very best to you too! :)

Unregistered 28-12-2021 08:00 PM

singtel is a **** company. but iron rice bowl. will never fall bcos govt backed.