Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Graduate Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4917-dbs-graduate-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 19-03-2015 02:56 PM

Working at DBS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61756)
Starting is correct. Increment is way too high

how to sign up for the graduate programme? need to pay?

Jas 17-08-2015 06:20 PM

DBS Graduate Associate Program

Hi. I am trying to make an application with DBS Graduate Associate Program. Anyone know the open date for this program? Currently the link on their website is open, however I couldn't find the post in the Job List/Job Search. Can anyone help me out? Thank you!

Unregistered 09-10-2015 12:15 AM

can anyone please tell me the exact application process for the graduate training programmes?
like how many interviews and any assessment centre after initial online test? thank you

Unregistered 12-10-2015 08:00 PM

don't bother

Don't bother joining this "program". You're just treated as a direct hire with more sai kang to carry out. Pay isn't that fantastic and bonded for no rhyme or reason. Steer clear

Unregistered 23-10-2015 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73676)
Don't bother joining this "program". You're just treated as a direct hire with more sai kang to carry out. Pay isn't that fantastic and bonded for no rhyme or reason. Steer clear

Why would you say that? Are you currently in gap?

Unregistered 23-10-2015 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74086)
Why would you say that? Are you currently in gap?

If you know anyone currently in there, feel free to talk to them. The program used to be better is the past but it has been going down hill for the past few years. Due to it being relatively new, the company itself has no clear direction for what they want this to be. Generally people are just being treated like direct hires more or less in terms of job scope. Initial pay may be high but over two years capable direct hires will over take you. and they are not bonded

Unregistered 24-10-2015 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74087)
If you know anyone currently in there, feel free to talk to them. The program used to be better is the past but it has been going down hill for the past few years. Due to it being relatively new, the company itself has no clear direction for what they want this to be. Generally people are just being treated like direct hires more or less in terms of job scope. Initial pay may be high but over two years capable direct hires will over take you. and they are not bonded

Is there a bond after the first two years and if there is how long?

How does DBS's MA prog. compare to other banks who also offer a similar prog. and have their offices in Singapore?

Unregistered 25-10-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74150)
Is there a bond after the first two years and if there is how long?

How does DBS's MA prog. compare to other banks who also offer a similar prog. and have their offices in Singapore?

Depending on your function is a 2 - 3 year bond during program. After that no bond. It's just nearly a 5 figure number for the bond. Oh MA is different. MA is not bonded and the program is more structured and better. That I'll recommend you to join but it's very competitive

Unregistered 26-10-2015 08:00 PM

Hi all,

I just received the video interview part

Anyone who knows what kind of questions will they ask?

Please share~

Unregistered 04-11-2015 05:42 PM

Video Interview

Did the video interview part last week.
6 compatibility questions to answer, given 30 sec to think and 2.5 mins to answer.
Quite nervous, so couldn't say that I was confident when answering it.

Still hoping for the next and look forward to the next step.
Has anyone get any reply after the video interview?
Everyday waiting for call/email >.<

Please share & exchange info.
Thx.

Quebec 09-11-2015 10:02 PM

Video interview

Hi guys! I applied to dbs tech & ops in early Oct & now I'm in the video interview phase!
So nervous becuz I'm not sure what qns would come up! By compatibility qn, do u meant competency qns?

Anyone who r oso heading for t&o? I'm aiming to go for ops! Let's keep this forum alive again!

@Jas u have to Google dbs joyful journey then go thru the game. A webpage with the link to apply the programme will surface upon completion of the game!

Unregistered 09-11-2015 10:07 PM

competency question are general HR questions. Show your leadership, show your character. show if you are a good fit for culture. just be yourself. no point forcing a character to fit the company and end up not being a good fit.

gonna bring this up again, but seriously people, don't apply for the program

unregistered 10-11-2015 02:41 PM

Video interview

Is this program really dropping in quality?
I just got video interview. Been waiting for 1 week +
Anyone received call for panel interview?

Unregistered 12-11-2015 04:36 PM

Any updates?

Any updates after video interview?
techs candidate here.

Unregistered 12-11-2015 06:27 PM

Attended the panel interview this week. No news yet

Quebec 13-11-2015 04:37 PM

Dbs assessment process

Hi all, I've previously submitted a query on the video interview questions!

I've completed the video interview on tuesday 13 dec and just received an email from the HR to complete a shl competency assessment.
They state that they will then contact successful candidates for panel interview based on the test.
I'm quite confused as to why there are so many tests. This is because I've done one before the video interview stage and wasn't expecting another one. Anyone can enlighten me, thanks thanks!

PS: I'm not sure why the programme is claimed to have deteriorated in quality. I'm still keen to join the programme though! Haha

Unregistered 13-11-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quebec (Post 75102)

I've completed the video interview on tuesday 13 dec and just received an email from the HR to complete a shl competency assessment.
They state that they will then contact successful candidates for panel interview based on the test.
I'm quite confused as to why there are so many tests. This is because I've done one before the video interview stage and wasn't expecting another one. Anyone can enlighten me, thanks thanks!

PS: I'm not sure why the programme is claimed to have deteriorated in quality. I'm still keen to join the programme though! Haha

??? 13 Dec? you mean last year? 2014?

Unregistered 13-11-2015 10:14 PM

Online assessments after video interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quebec (Post 75102)

I had also received the invite for online assessments after my video interview. quite confused what does the panel interview mean. is there still assessment centre?

Unregistered 13-11-2015 10:16 PM

Panel interview

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75051)
Attended the panel interview this week. No news yet

Hey hi! How is the panel interview like? what kind of questions do they ask? appreciate your help cause I am considering applying!

Unregistered 13-11-2015 11:45 PM

Panel interview is just a 'panel' of 2 - 3 person interviewing you. There is no assessment center. OMG I told you guys this is just way for the bank to hire graduates for grunt work for the umpteen times. They will not make it so hard to get in with an assessment centre. Interview questions really depends on your interviewers, but generally the questions are easy, show leadership, show initiative, show proactive-ness, show you match the culture. This program has a freaking bond, so your competition wouldn't be that high just go in and be yourself.

Quebec 13-11-2015 11:57 PM

DBS GA programme

Haha, so sorry that I had a typo! My video interview was completed on 10 nov, last Tues!

Glad to learn that im not the only one who received the invite for online assessment tests after the video interview. Shouldn't they have selected candidates directly to the panel interview after the video interview like previously?

Jiayou

Unregistered 14-11-2015 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75110)
Hey hi! How is the panel interview like? what kind of questions do they ask? appreciate your help cause I am considering applying!

Just Talk Cock Sing Song, chat like what you would do with your friends, nothing special.

Remember don't show sign of arrogance though, according to my friend who is a DBS recruiter, the bank prefer humble candidate over the boastful ones.

Unregistered 14-11-2015 06:12 PM

Seems like the market is real bad, graduates are even fighting for backend jobs.

Unregistered 15-11-2015 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75147)
Just Talk Cock Sing Song, chat like what you would do with your friends, nothing special.

Remember don't show sign of arrogance though, according to my friend who is a DBS recruiter, the bank prefer humble candidate over the boastful ones.

Cool. any technical questions on techs and ops?

Unregistered 15-11-2015 11:51 AM

Gap

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quebec (Post 75115)
Haha, so sorry that I had a typo! My video interview was completed on 10 nov, last Tues!

Glad to learn that im not the only one who received the invite for online assessment tests after the video interview. Shouldn't they have selected candidates directly to the panel interview after the video interview like previously?

Jiayou

I also thought so! maybe they changed the assessment format? and I saw somewhere in this forum that there is no assessment centre anymore? haha i guess its a good thing if there is no assessment centre. at least can go to panel interview straight. but that might also mean that they only select the top few scores for the assessment test for the interview..

Unregistered 15-11-2015 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75194)
Cool. any technical questions on techs and ops?

There's no technical questions, because there is nothing technical to ask

Quebec 16-11-2015 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75201)
I also thought so! maybe they changed the assessment format? and I saw somewhere in this forum that there is no assessment centre anymore? haha i guess its a good thing if there is no assessment centre. at least can go to panel interview straight. but that might also mean that they only select the top few scores for the assessment test for the interview..

OOOOOO perhaps so!! Looks like will need to score for the tests!!

Unregistered 16-11-2015 12:30 AM

there wasn't any assessment centre to begin with since the inception of this program 5 years ago...

Unregistered 18-11-2015 12:33 AM

Hi i applied for Tech and Ops and is scheduled for a panel interview next week. I heard that there is a case study... can anyone enlighten or share insights as to what the case study is about? Thanks.

Unregistered 18-11-2015 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75333)
Hi i applied for Tech and Ops and is scheduled for a panel interview next week. I heard that there is a case study... can anyone enlighten or share insights as to what the case study is about? Thanks.

I done my panel interview last week. There was no case study.
I am applying for Ops though.

Unregistered 18-11-2015 01:03 PM

zzz, you all received follow up after video interview already?

Why no one called me yet.....

Unregistered 18-11-2015 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75333)

Hi! can i know when did the person contacted you? i just took the assessment test and was wondering when they will contact me for the panel interview if i pass the test.

Unregistered 18-11-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75348)
zzz, you all received follow up after video interview already?

Why no one called me yet.....

hey you will receive invite for online assessment if you are selected

Unregistered 18-11-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75347)
I done my panel interview last week. There was no case study.
I am applying for Ops though.

Oh i see. Thanks for replying! How was the panel interview?

Unregistered 18-11-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75349)
Hi! can i know when did the person contacted you? i just took the assessment test and was wondering when they will contact me for the panel interview if i pass the test.

i completed the assessment test 1.5 weeks ago and they contacted me last week to schedule the panel interview. So i guess everything is pretty fast. Good luck!

Unregistered 18-11-2015 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75354)
Oh i see. Thanks for replying! How was the panel interview?

Mainly hypothetical question and pressure test.

E.g.

Interviewer: Now each of you will take turn to identify who do you think is the weakest in your team of 6?

Interviewee: Him (pointing to the mist nerdy guy)

Interviewer: Are you being selfish here?

Quebec 20-11-2015 05:51 PM

Dbs assessment process

Hi all, Quebec here again!
I have finished my assessment tests on 16 Nov and I just received an email invitation today for panel interview in dec. I must say they r really pretty fast in terms of reviewing the video n assessment test.
Now I'm just waiting for their email on interview date. jiayou for those who r going for interview next week!
Do share some things that we ought to take note of Or how the interview went!

Greatly appreciate! Gambateh

Unregistered 20-11-2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quebec (Post 75545)
Hi all, Quebec here again!
I have finished my assessment tests on 16 Nov and I just received an email invitation today for panel interview in dec. I must say they r really pretty fast in terms of reviewing the video n assessment test.
Now I'm just waiting for their email on interview date. jiayou for those who r going for interview next week!
Do share some things that we ought to take note of Or how the interview went!

Greatly appreciate! Gambateh

Yamateh!!!!

Unregistered 21-11-2015 04:15 PM

Congrats

Hi all,

Congrats to all going for panel interviews!

Do share an update of the experiences~

Unregistered 24-11-2015 02:52 PM

SME Banking

Hiiii all,

Anyone applied for SME banking program?