Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Graduate Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4917-dbs-graduate-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 01-04-2021 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163249)
Company will offer the candidate first then submit back background check, credit check etc For ops is like that. Not sure about SME.

Perhaps the previous SME batch that had attended the assessment center can advise?

I meant for ops is like that (Offered after Panel interview, HR will sent you a link for credit check etc. )For SME really not sure cos they had assessment center follow by Panel interview.

Need those guys that have gone through the process to advise.

Unregistered 01-04-2021 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163234)
Hello! Has anyone received a written contract or written offer yet from HR for the graduate operations program?

Think twice about ops. Decent starting pay but progression and prospects are poor. SME banking slightly better but not ideal as you will be servicing small local companies that have very simple banking needs. Short learning curve, you will plateau and stagnate fast unless you break into wholesale corporate banking.

Unregistered 01-04-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163251)
Think twice about ops. Decent starting pay but progression and prospects are poor. SME banking slightly better but not ideal as you will be servicing small local companies that have very simple banking needs. Short learning curve, you will plateau and stagnate fast unless you break into wholesale corporate banking.

And where are you at currently?

Unregistered 01-04-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163251)

And where are you at currently??

Unregistered 01-04-2021 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163249)
Company will offer the candidate first then submit back background check, credit check etc For ops is like that. Not sure about SME.

Perhaps the previous SME batch that had attended the assessment center can advise?

Any senior can advise?

Unregistered 01-04-2021 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163250)
I meant for ops is like that (Offered after Panel interview, HR will sent you a link for credit check etc. )For SME really not sure cos they had assessment center follow by Panel interview.

Need those guys that have gone through the process to advise.

Ya any advise from the senior?

Unregistered 01-04-2021 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 163259)
Ya any advise from the senior?

For DBS ops answer is yes. After the panel interview if you are shortlisted. HR will called to offer you, then email you to submit credit check, background
check etc

Not sure about other DBS program, should be the same process, whether got assessment center/panel interview. Companies only request you to submit all these checks after they confirm offer you.

You can check around, this is quite standard.

Unregistered 01-04-2021 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134571)
congrats on your offer! heard there are only 13 GAs for SME banking offered this year. she sent me the pre-employment screening form and credit bureau form this morning. you should drop her an email to follow up, and check your spam email. the forms take around 30 min to complete.

Oh I found this thread, this Bro had received the offer first then HR sent him the pre-employment form and credit form.

I know my friend company called her for background check first but yet to offer her, waited for about a week then she got the offer.

Unregistered 01-04-2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 134559)
Hello! Just wanted to ask since you've received an offer on Fri. I received a call from Apple on Thurs 5pm where she offered me the role and then said that she will initiate the checking process before calling back the next day (Fri) or next week. Was there any forms you had to fill or anything? As I didnt receive any emails after that and she has yet to call back. How long did it take for you? Thanks!

Another post fyi

Unregistered 01-04-2021 09:21 PM

FYI:

I'm one of the shortlisted candidates (from SME Banking) who got shortlisted for the GA program and have accepted the e-offer as per the email sent today. I'm sure my peers in the ops team would have received it earlier.

This is why nobody is entertaining the trolls above, because our offers have been finalized and the salary is indeed greater than 3.8k as per the offer. No need for any argument or discussion as I am not going to disclose and those who accepted the e offer will be aware too