Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Graduate Associate Program (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4917-dbs-graduate-associate-program.html)

Unregistered 02-03-2018 07:41 PM

Hi, I applied for DBS SEED too, at the first face to face interview stage.

However, the HR took like 3 weeks to get back to me, and in the meantime I've received several offers from other companies, with salary in the high 4k. I haven't accepted any at this time, trying to stall for more time as I have several other applications in the pipeline.

I'd like to seek advice from all: Should I inform DBS HR about my other offers before going for the interview? I need to give the other companies an answer soon.
Also for those with more experience than us fresh grads: Any advice for us noobish fresh grads selecting our first job?

Unregistered 02-03-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105260)
Hi, I applied for DBS SEED too, at the first face to face interview stage.

However, the HR took like 3 weeks to get back to me, and in the meantime I've received several offers from other companies, with salary in the high 4k. I haven't accepted any at this time, trying to stall for more time as I have several other applications in the pipeline.

I'd like to seek advice from all: Should I inform DBS HR about my other offers before going for the interview? I need to give the other companies an answer soon.
Also for those with more experience than us fresh grads: Any advice for us noobish fresh grads selecting our first job?

Go for the other jobs instead of waiting.

Unregistered 04-03-2018 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105262)
Go for the other jobs instead of waiting.

Thanks for advice, is that due to salary at DBS being lower, or DBS being a bad place to start a career?

Unregistered 04-03-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105312)
Thanks for advice, is that due to salary at DBS being lower, or DBS being a bad place to start a career?

Your other offers are also good with high 4k. I think for fresh grads these are already good offers.

You wont know if DBS will offer you so you should consider other offers first. Unless there is a strong reason on why you want to join DBS.

DBS is not a bad place. It is more stable than most of the foreign banks. Do note that they may pay you lower but their bonus is more stable and higher compared to most foreign banks.

For banking industry, it will be better to join local banks now. Foreign banks are always on a cost cutting mode and some businesses are not doing well. If you want to join DBS, make sure you join a function where your skill sets can be transferred to another industry.

synchron 04-03-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105319)
Your other offers are also good with high 4k. I think for fresh grads these are already good offers.

You wont know if DBS will offer you so you should consider other offers first. Unless there is a strong reason on why you want to join DBS.

DBS is not a bad place. It is more stable than most of the foreign banks. Do note that they may pay you lower but their bonus is more stable and higher compared to most foreign banks.

For banking industry, it will be better to join local banks now. Foreign banks are always on a cost cutting mode and some businesses are not doing well. If you want to join DBS, make sure you join a function where your skill sets can be transferred to another industry.

Hi, would you happen to know what the pay scale is like for DBS? Also, any info on career progression would be great.

I heard 4-4.2.

Unregistered 04-03-2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by synchron (Post 105353)
Hi, would you happen to know what the pay scale is like for DBS? Also, any info on career progression would be great.

I heard 4-4.2.

Unfortunately no.

Unregistered 06-03-2018 09:08 AM

Anyone got the panel interview recently? After the completion of the video interview.

For Consumer Banking (Distribution)

Unregistered 26-03-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 105404)
Anyone got the panel interview recently? After the completion of the video interview.

For Consumer Banking (Distribution)

Have anyone heard anything? Kind of losing hope here.

Unregistered 10-04-2018 08:00 PM

Just completed the tests and video interview for CBG last friday,

Unregistered 10-04-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 106164)
Have anyone heard anything? Kind of losing hope here.

I just completed my online tests and video interview on the 6th april. Have u gotten a confirmation for the panel interview since?

Unregistered 26-04-2018 03:18 PM

DBS SEED interview

I completed my SEED interview and the next day i received an email from DBS to complete my application in their career portal. Does that mean that i am inside?

Unregistered 02-05-2018 09:51 AM

CBG (Distribution)

Guys, anyone advanced to the panel/assessment centre for CBG (Distribution)?

I realised that alot of people are stuck after the completion of the video interview stage?

Anyone who has made it pass it/ is stuck in it kindly advise here :)

Unregistered 05-05-2018 05:12 PM

interview

Hi bro, letting you know that my friend has already completed everything and accepted the CBG offer. By May, there shouldnt be any more intake.

Better start finding something else.

Unregistered 06-05-2018 03:00 PM

Do you know what the starting salary is for the Grad Assoc. Programme this year?

Unregistered 07-05-2018 11:58 AM

Below 4k. its ****.

Unregistered 07-05-2018 02:10 PM

interview

Thank you for the reply. Can anyone else confirm that its likely over? I recall another post above that stated that he just did the video interview recently.

Any other helpful responses would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107081)
Hi bro, letting you know that my friend has already completed everything and accepted the CBG offer. By May, there shouldnt be any more intake.

Better start finding something else.

Unregistered 07-05-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107122)
Thank you for the reply. Can anyone else confirm that its likely over? I recall another post above that stated that he just did the video interview recently.

Any other helpful responses would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah, last assessment centre session was today actually.

Unregistered 08-05-2018 02:19 PM

gg la

get job also so hard

hais

Unregistered 08-05-2018 02:40 PM

Were you part of it? Is this before the Interview with HR?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107123)
Yeah, last assessment centre session was today actually.

Unregistered 08-05-2018 05:37 PM

****? how much were you earning as a fresh grad?

Mind you this is not the MA program.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107121)
Below 4k. its ****.

Unregistered 12-05-2018 12:50 AM

Dbs seed

Anyone who went for SEED interview can share your experience here?

Unregistered 10-06-2018 02:10 PM

I just gave the hackertrail online assessment for dbs seed.When can I expect them to revert back for further rounds.

Unregistered 12-06-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107215)
Anyone who went for SEED interview can share your experience here?

anyone can share insights on this?

Unregistered 16-07-2018 06:36 PM

Anyone starting the Graduate Associate - CBG (Distribution) program soon?

Unregistered 21-11-2018 11:12 PM

Anyone know how many they recruited for the Ops GA 2018?

It seems like only 5 were recruited?

Any idea hows their salary of a Ops GA? And how much they will go into Associate position?

Unregistered 28-11-2018 03:18 PM

2019 Applications

Continuation for 2019 Process!

2019 process for SME Banking and Operations has started.

Unregistered 06-12-2018 09:56 AM

Hi,

Has anyone applied yet? Wanted to ask if this year it’s the pymetrics personality test for GAP or the usual personality test administered each year?

Unregistered 13-12-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111794)
It seems like only 5 were recruited?

Any idea hows their salary of a Ops GA? And how much they will go into Associate position?

Hello, has anyone had any update with this? Thanks!

Unregistered 08-01-2019 05:54 PM

So apparently the Management Associate Programme for 2019 DBS now only accepts candidates with 2 - 3 years working experience. That would mean fresh grads have little to no chance?

Unregistered 09-01-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 112937)
So apparently the Management Associate Programme for 2019 DBS now only accepts candidates with 2 - 3 years working experience. That would mean fresh grads have little to no chance?

correction: it is 2 to 3 years of stellar (= outstanding) working experience. They are now looking for elites in workforce to fill the MA Program.

Unregistered 09-01-2019 11:04 PM

Hi! Anyone has got any notice from DBS for the GAP?

I applied for ops and got the notice for video interview within a few days. Completed the video interview about 3 weeks ago but no response from them till now.

please share your exp if you have any thanks!

Unregistered 10-01-2019 09:42 AM

Well, I applied for SME banking since Dec 2019 but till now, it has been "Under Consideration".

Unregistered 10-01-2019 07:33 PM

DBS Operations 2019

I applied pretty late. Completed the online assessment and the video interview only last sunday on 7 Jan. The submission status is “Schedule Interview” updated 2 Jan now which kinda makes sense I guess.

Unregistered 11-01-2019 05:53 PM

Completed the online tests and it has been "Under Consideration" since then (for like 1 month plus). Not even a video interview... Guess I am out already?

Unregistered 11-01-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113043)
Completed the online tests and it has been "Under Consideration" since then (for like 1 month plus). Not even a video interview... Guess I am out already?

Did u check ur email properly? I have friend who did the online tests and thought he did not receive the video interview. He only found out that he did receive the video interview after the closing date for Sonru.

Unregistered 11-01-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113002)
Well, I applied for SME banking since Dec 2019 but till now, it has been "Under Consideration".

Applied around the same time and it is still under consideration (updated early Jan). I am progressing to final interviews with a few other applications but I have yet to receive even the personality test.

Unregistered 13-01-2019 10:05 AM

Hey guys, can ask what to look out for video interview?

Questions, tips, whether to move hands during the recording

Unregistered 14-01-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113044)
Did u check ur email properly? I have friend who did the online tests and thought he did not receive the video interview. He only found out that he did receive the video interview after the closing date for Sonru.

Hi there, I doubt so for my case as my status changed from "Scheduled online assessment" straight to "Under Consideration". There was no intervals of "Scheduled Video Interview"or some sort. But thanks so much for your reply!

Unregistered 14-01-2019 12:36 PM

Submission Status - Completed

I did the pymetrics test and my submission status updated to Completed on the portal... does that mean that I have been rejected and would not be proceeding further anymore?

Unregistered 14-01-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 113094)
I did the pymetrics test and my submission status updated to Completed on the portal... does that mean that I have been rejected and would not be proceeding further anymore?

I don’t think GA gotta do Pymetrics