DBS Graduate Associate Program - Page 10 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




DBS Graduate Associate Program

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91 (permalink)  
Old 08-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 37
tchen003 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes an offer was made to me.
3.8k position in operations. 2 yr bond (10k).

additionally, i will like to hear from any current GAs in the programme (particularly in operations). please do share your experience (learning opportunities). those who completed their programme, are you still with DBS and what are your current positions. Much appreciated.
Is there any bonus? heard that 8k... really??

Reply With Quote
  #92 (permalink)  
Old 14-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi I got an offer from GAP at DBS.

3.8K is right and there is a 2 year bond.

But this 2 year bond is 10K worth right? but I only hear 2 year bond thats all.

Anyone helps?

Reply With Quote
  #93 (permalink)  
Old 16-12-2015, 12:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi, anyone know what is the typical progress in term of salary and position at the end of the 2 years bond?

Reply With Quote
  #94 (permalink)  
Old 16-12-2015, 01:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, anyone know what is the typical progress in term of salary and position at the end of the 2 years bond?
depends on which program. some program is 3 years long
Reply With Quote
  #95 (permalink)  
Old 16-12-2015, 01:19 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
depends on which program. some program is 3 years long
What's the difference, and mind sharing the progression path and salary?
Reply With Quote
  #96 (permalink)  
Old 16-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What's the difference, and mind sharing the progression path and salary?
Hi,

Nope, none of the management/graduate associate programmes in DBS are three years long. Max is two years.

At the end of the programme (e.g. after two years), you will jump rank from Analyst to Associate. With that, you of course also will have an increase in rank pay.

As for the career prospects, it is really up to you to strive hard yourself after the end of the programme. Unlike the scholars in civil service, where PSC will constantly monitor you and fast track you for x number of years, associates in the bank will have to prove their worth. Which I think is good too.
Reply With Quote

  #97 (permalink)  
Old 16-12-2015, 10:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

Nope, none of the management/graduate associate programmes in DBS are three years long. Max is two years.

At the end of the programme (e.g. after two years), you will jump rank from Analyst to Associate. With that, you of course also will have an increase in rank pay.

As for the career prospects, it is really up to you to strive hard yourself after the end of the programme. Unlike the scholars in civil service, where PSC will constantly monitor you and fast track you for x number of years, associates in the bank will have to prove their worth. Which I think is good too.
anddddd wrong. RBMP is 3 years long with bond. But seeing how it is no longer on the website the program might not be doing that well 2 years after inception.
Reply With Quote
  #98 (permalink)  
Old 16-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What's the difference, and mind sharing the progression path and salary?
Initially, there was only program in the bank, which is the MA program. They expanded by adding the T&O GA program in 2011 and further expanded it by adding retail banking sales, management and SME banking in 2013.

Pay have recently been aligned, so all GA program have same pay. MA is on another scale. For 2 year program it is a "given" that you be promoted to associate after 2 years, but that is not in the contract so it can be taken away. Salary progression was good, but it is not pretty in the recent years.

One thing to note is that you have absolutely no choice in your placement of departments, functions or markets for the first year. And once you are in that market, you can never go to another one. Second year rotation are based on the wimps of the GA MC, unless you are A, really really good, or B, on really good relationship with the MC, you will never get the rotation you want.

personal advice, come in as a fresh hire, more opportunities abound, better pay potential and greater control on your department of choice


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iPhone


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #99 (permalink)  
Old 17-12-2015, 08:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Initially, there was only program in the bank, which is the MA program. They expanded by adding the T&O GA program in 2011 and further expanded it by adding retail banking sales, management and SME banking in 2013.

Pay have recently been aligned, so all GA program have same pay. MA is on another scale. For 2 year program it is a "given" that you be promoted to associate after 2 years, but that is not in the contract so it can be taken away. Salary progression was good, but it is not pretty in the recent years.

One thing to note is that you have absolutely no choice in your placement of departments, functions or markets for the first year. And once you are in that market, you can never go to another one. Second year rotation are based on the wimps of the GA MC, unless you are A, really really good, or B, on really good relationship with the MC, you will never get the rotation you want.

personal advice, come in as a fresh hire, more opportunities abound, better pay potential and greater control on your department of choice
What's the promotion pay for associate after 2 years?
Reply With Quote
  #100 (permalink)  
Old 18-12-2015, 06:53 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What's the promotion pay for associate after 2 years?
See performance, function, market, economy. Ranges from 2 digit up
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DBS Management Associate Program 2015 samtanjw Income and Jobs 1308 30-05-2020 07:05 PM
Insurance Management Associate Program (IMAP) Cron Income and Jobs 60 29-05-2020 07:56 PM
Singtel Management Associate Program 2015 samtanjw Income and Jobs 124 28-05-2020 12:15 PM
Management Associate Program hexengeist Income and Jobs 0 05-09-2013 01:40 PM
Dive Management Associate Program Rickykoh Marketplace and Find Work 0 20-01-2013 01:30 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How much do you earn and save?
8 Replies, 152 Views
For local U grads, how well are...
3 Replies, 254 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
131 Replies, 65,062 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,839 Replies, 1,060,316 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,731 Replies, 2,393,233 Views
Local Uni Class of 2020 - COVID19... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
256 Replies, 48,197 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,998 Replies, 921,890 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,746 Replies, 5,459,796 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,160 Replies, 881,406 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
331 Replies, 241,151 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,688 Replies, 1,255,421 Views
Marsh Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
58 Replies, 5,098 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
861 Replies, 439,243 Views
Mid-Year Civil Servant Bonus 2019 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,478 Replies, 749,354 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
817 Replies, 535,292 Views
Q: Management Associate at SGX ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 12,285 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
929 Replies, 741,218 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
178 Replies, 143,156 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,221 Replies, 1,862,579 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,571 Replies, 1,554,942 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
71 Replies, 110,555 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
3 Replies, 1,097 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
355 Replies, 275,439 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,711 Replies, 781,089 Views
DBS Management Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,308 Replies, 236,383 Views
Pay grade at CSA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
104 Replies, 23,964 Views
Cold calls/emails to HR ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 1,324 Views
Insurance Agent to Bancassurance...
7 Replies, 5,167 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 114,161 Views
Insurance Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
60 Replies, 16,457 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2