Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Salary for Assistant Admin (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4861-salary-assistant-admin.html)

Unregistered 06-01-2015 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joannee (Post 61044)
Hmmm.. Thanks have read through is quite relevant to my current job. will check it out for more details again Thanks :)

Do take note this is a Div 3 level job that is targeted at people without diploma. Once you join, very hard to get out of this track. I.e. your bonus, increment, promotion etc will be based on GCE A/O/N & ITE concept.

If you just want to pocket some good allowance and iron rice bowl can apply, if you still intend to develop a career, this is not a good idea.

Joannee 06-01-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61047)
Do take note this is a Div 3 level job that is targeted at people without diploma. Once you join, very hard to get out of this track. I.e. your bonus, increment, promotion etc will be based on GCE A/O/N & ITE concept.

If you just want to pocket some good allowance and iron rice bowl can apply, if you still intend to develop a career, this is not a good idea.

hahah after i post that out i received an email from my boss saying that next week is my appraisal.. OMG what more or how can i write to increase my increment.. :confused::confused::confused:

Regards
Joanne

Unregistered 03-02-2015 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60899)
maybe can try civil service?
position such as these
s://careers-gov-jobs.jobstreet.com.sg/jobs/jobdesc.asp?eid=1612&jid=91080796&did=28&type=0&it s=0&src=8&itn=0

Here's another option -
s://careers-gov-jobs.jobstreet.com.sg/jobs/jobdesc.asp?eid=1612&jid=91082781&did=69&type=0&it s=0&src=8&itn=0

Joannee 03-02-2015 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62243)
Here's another option -
s://careers-gov-jobs.jobstreet.com.sg/jobs/jobdesc.asp?eid=1612&jid=91082781&did=69&type=0&it s=0&src=8&itn=0

Hey
Thanks my increment $180 :(
Hi just wandering if u know anything regarding to stock market course ?

Unregistered 04-02-2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joannee (Post 62244)
Hey
Thanks my increment $180 :(
Hi just wandering if u know anything regarding to stock market course ?

$180 increment is equal to 9% which IMO is a lot and way above market considering you are just doing basic admin w/o any real increase in responsibilities.

Even the gov NWC only recommend $50 increment for low wage workers and for most clerical staff in civil service only get 4-5% average per year. Why not happy? What were you expecting?

Joannee 04-02-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62281)
$180 increment is equal to 9% which IMO is a lot and way above market considering you are just doing basic admin w/o any real increase in responsibilities.

Even the gov NWC only recommend $50 increment for low wage workers and for most clerical staff in civil service only get 4-5% average per year. Why not happy? What were you expecting?

Oh isit... Hmm I agree with you...
Just find unfair after my appraisal :)
What I have done is not appreciated, find it disappointed.
tot that I can score some points for the system that I have created as I have spent a lot of effort on it and I had also implement some docs but doesn't went on smoothly.

Unregistered 04-02-2015 10:32 PM

Unfair appraisal? You can try telling that to one of my ex colleague in a japanese bank who only got 12 dollars for increment

Unregistered 04-02-2015 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joannee (Post 62286)
Oh isit... Hmm I agree with you...
Just find unfair after my appraisal :)
What I have done is not appreciated, find it disappointed.
tot that I can score some points for the system that I have created as I have spent a lot of effort on it and I had also implement some docs but doesn't went on smoothly.

9% increase already much higher than normal to recognize good achievement, u can't expect co. to give you 20-30% just because u invent some simple system to improve admin process. sound to me your expectation too unrealistic than because the co. dun appreciate.

Unregistered 04-02-2015 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62290)
9% increase already much higher than normal to recognize good achievement, u can't expect co. to give you 20-30% just because u invent some simple system to improve admin process. sound to me your expectation too unrealistic than because the co. dun appreciate.

Agreed. 9 percent is a good increment when most companies only give a 3 to 5 percent increment. Even for promotion some companies don't even give that high. So consider yourself very lucky to get that figure for increment.

Joannee 05-02-2015 06:23 AM

Hmmm.... Seem like I got myself a high expectation
Thanks guys for the comments at least nw i won't have the unfair/negative feeling anymore :) will appreciate what I have now ;) :)

Btw anyone know anything abt stock market course feel like learning this for some extra income in future well not going for a big investment