Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Juggling multiple offers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4672-juggling-multiple-offers.html)

boongaylim 01-11-2014 05:55 PM

Juggling multiple offers

Hi,
After more than 6 months of interviewing with multiple companies, I landed a job. They want me to start immediately. I am waiting the result of my optimum company over the next 2 weeks. What to do? Should I join company A today and resign after 2 weeks, when company B makes an offer? Is this conduct ethical or greedy? Or should I approach company B and tell them to announce their result right away?
Please suggest what to do. I dunt want too many employers on my CV but also want to work with Company B rather than company A.

Unregistered 01-11-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boongaylim (Post 58338)
Hi,
After more than 6 months of interviewing with multiple companies, I landed a job. They want me to start immediately. I am waiting the result of my optimum company over the next 2 weeks. What to do? Should I join company A today and resign after 2 weeks, when company B makes an offer? Is this conduct ethical or greedy? Or should I approach company B and tell them to announce their result right away?
Please suggest what to do. I dunt want too many employers on my CV but also want to work with Company B rather than company A.

Just join first and resign later if your desired company does make an offer in the end. You can always omit the job with company A from your CV later on. Many people do these for jobs which were short stints.

Unregistered 01-11-2014 11:50 PM

u r wasting hr time, everybody's time and other potential candidates chances if u do A. someone might get pissed and start blacklisting your name against other hr. Singapore is a small country.

after an interview, they should be able to really decide on the spot whether u r a suitable candidate. 2 weeks is already a rejection. just politely ask them your chances of the interview and move on

Unregistered 02-11-2014 12:18 AM

Quote:

Hi,

Are you currently employed or unemployed? If you are unemployed, it would be better to join company A first and see how things go.

If you do get the offer from company B and need to resign from company A, it's fine. This happens all the time. Don't worry too much.

boongaylim 02-11-2014 08:14 AM

Jennifer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58344)
u r wasting hr time, everybody's time and other potential candidates chances if u do A. someone might get pissed and start blacklisting your name against other hr. Singapore is a small country.

after an interview, they should be able to really decide on the spot whether u r a suitable candidate. 2 weeks is already a rejection. just politely ask them your chances of the interview and move on

Hi,
Blacklisting is a serious problem in Singapore. All local banks maintain a list of blacklisted candidates. What is worse, the HR managers in these companies keep checking the list of blacklisted candidates at each others. Hence never join Company A if you think Company B might make an offer soon. Better tell company B to let you know the outcome ASAP and wait. Individuals are really at a disadvantage in Singapore.

Petra 02-11-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boongaylim (Post 58347)
Hi,
Blacklisting is a serious problem in Singapore. All local banks maintain a list of blacklisted candidates. What is worse, the HR managers in these companies keep checking the list of blacklisted candidates at each others. Hence never join Company A if you think Company B might make an offer soon. Better tell company B to let you know the outcome ASAP and wait. Individuals are really at a disadvantage in Singapore.

Since you already know the consequences, then why are you asking in the first place?

Weren't you the one asking about KPMG vs EY benefits, saying that either one has already offered you.

George 02-11-2014 02:20 PM

found a job

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petra (Post 58353)
Since you already know the consequences, then why are you asking in the first place?

Weren't you the one asking about KPMG vs EY benefits, saying that either one has already offered you.

Hi,
Looks like he landed multiple jobs and now is weighing options...

Unregistered 03-11-2014 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petra (Post 58353)

Everyone, please ignore his posts from now on.

This fellow is obviously telling lies. From the beginning, he mentioned about he studying accounting in malaysia, working in shipping industry, till now working in bank, applying for VP in BOA and now, big 4, yet he keep asking about upgrading, applying for other positions etc.

You are better off replying as unregistered user.

Unregistered 03-11-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58379)
Everyone, please ignore his posts from now on.

This fellow is obviously telling lies. From the beginning, he mentioned about he studying accounting in malaysia, working in shipping industry, till now working in bank, applying for VP in BOA and now, big 4, yet he keep asking about upgrading, applying for other positions etc.

You are better off replying as unregistered user.

Hi, I know of some folks who studied accounting in Malaysia, worked in shipping industry in Singapore, moved to a bank, apply for VP position in BOA, also Big 4, and many other roles. This guy may not be the only one, and that does not make him a lyer.

Unregistered 03-11-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Hi,

Are you just starting multiple threads for fun?

I thought you were already entering negotiations with a Big 4 audit firm on salary and benefits more than 2 weeks ago?

How come now suddenly you landed another job and the story become you have yet another "optimum" company over the next 2 weeks?