Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Prospects in FMCG Companies (Unilever, P&G,etc.) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4659-prospects-fmcg-companies-unilever-p-g-etc.html)

Jobs 29-10-2014 01:20 PM

Prospects in FMCG Companies (Unilever, P&G,etc.)

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know what are the career prospects in FMCG Companies (e.g. Unilever, P&G, etc.)? I've taken a look at Unilever and saw the Unilever Future Leadership Programme (Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, etc.). P&G also has its graduate programme.

How are the prospects of these positions? Are the positions difficult to get? What is the salary like?

Appreciate all replies. Thanks!

Unregistered 29-10-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobs (Post 58237)
Are the positions difficult to get?

Yes. A lot of focus on non-academic achievements.

Unregistered 30-10-2014 12:22 AM

Quote:

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know what are the career prospects in FMCG Companies (e.g. Unilever, P&G, etc.)? I've taken a look at Unilever and saw the Unilever Future Leadership Programme (Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, etc.). P&G also has its graduate programme.

How are the prospects of these positions? Are the positions difficult to get? What is the salary like?

Appreciate all replies. Thanks!

Very very difficult to get in. To get into the 1st round ratio of applicant to shortlist about 50:1. Of those who made it to 1st round (usually some sort of numeric / logic test) ratio of offer is about 10:1. All in you roughly get 1 offer for every 500 applicants.

Except for the top few prestigious MA programs in management consultancy, investment banking and oil & gas supermajors, they are probably one of the hardest to get in.

Jobs 30-10-2014 08:28 AM

Oh wow.. thanks for the replies. Didn't know that it's so difficult to get into one..

How about the compensation and progression for these roles? I couldn't find any information on them on the net..

Unregistered 30-10-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobs (Post 58261)
Oh wow.. thanks for the replies. Didn't know that it's so difficult to get into one..

How about the compensation and progression for these roles? I couldn't find any information on them on the net..

It is good, pays well for corporate MNC and I heard the progress is fast tracked (Source from my wife who works in FMCG)

But of course, you can't compare the pay to a IB Corporate Finance/S&T or MC.

i'll take this opportunity over Big 4 , local banks FO or most MO/BO jobs.

Unregistered 30-10-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58262)
i'll take this opportunity over Big 4 , local banks FO or most MO/BO jobs.

in fact, I'll rather take this over IBs.
Never understood singaporeans fascination with finance.

Unregistered 31-10-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jobs (Post 58261)

If you can get in and survive and graduate from the program, you won't need to worry about compensation. Not much info on pay and promotion online because it is a given that everyone in the market knows what being a marketing MA over there means.

Honestly other than IB/PB FO jobs (must have right connections), the big 5 oil & gas companies (good luck, ratio even worse, maybe 1000:1) and MBB consultancies (no ivy no talk), you will not find many other places that can offer a better deal than P&G or Unilever.

Go for it, but continue to apply for other jobs because the chances of getting in is honestly very slim.

Unregistered 31-10-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

(e.g. Unilever, P&G, etc.)?

Velcome, Incredible India!

Unregistered 01-11-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58309)
Velcome, Incredible India!

this is true... just do a search on linkedin and you'll know ;)

Unregistered 01-11-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58336)
this is true... just do a search on linkedin and you'll know ;)

one thing's for sure... whether you be in Changi Business Park, Maple Business City, International Business Park.... you have no lack of Indian Veg food options!