Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   KPMG or PWC? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4632-kpmg-pwc.html)

Unregistered 07-11-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joji (Post 58520)
Hi,
I had 3 rounds of interviews with partners/directors (1 hr +30 Min + 1 hr). Thereafter almost 6-7 rounds of telephonic interviews with HR - how much is your current salary, bonus, medical, dental, performance based, shift allowance, etc. Every discussion lasts 20-30 minutes. I have spent more time discussing with HR my benefits which I am keen to leave behind than I have spent with partners discussing what value I can bring to this company.

Is this the standard way of recruitment in such companies?

No offence, but unless you are at least mid managerial level, i.e. director or jr partner level, I doubt they are really interested in knowing what sort of "value" you bring.

Most of the time the partners have no interest in junior roles, they are just there because HR protocol say someone with a minimal grade must approve. 6-7 HR calls is excessive, its probably them being disorganized, but dun let it get to you.

George 07-11-2014 11:36 PM

how many rounds of HR interview is the norm?

I interviewed with Cab Gemini not too long ago. HR has since been calling me time and again asking "how much did you make in 2007?" I told that I was in Hongkong that year and hence earned in HKD. They want to know the equivalent SGD and the medical benetis I enjoied in HK. Next they want to know if my employer then paid the relocation expenses from Singapore to Hongkong, and which airlines I used. I wonder how this questions can be relevant today. What to say?

Are these questions common in KPMG/PWC/EY/Accenture as well?

Unregistered 12-11-2014 10:29 PM

Recently got offered a contract position at one of the big 4, should i accept it? what are the chances of getting converted to perm staff from a contract role?

samantha_wong 18-11-2014 11:46 AM

contract position - accept or not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 58720)
Recently got offered a contract position at one of the big 4, should i accept it? what are the chances of getting converted to perm staff from a contract role?

Do accept the contract position if you do not have a better choice. Otherwise, good luck!!!

George 24-11-2014 02:34 PM

travel in KPMG

Does Management Consulting in KPMG involve a lot of travel?
I know that consulting in Accenture involves travelling to KL, Jakarta, etc.
What kind of allowance can I get, if I join KPMG? I have an offer for Manager role.

Unregistered 25-11-2014 03:35 PM

what are the benefits of working for KPMG/PWC/EY?

Hi,
Apart from salary, what benefits can one get?

Medical/hospitalisation
Educational programs
Performance based bonuses
Concessionary gym facilities

What else...

Elena 29-11-2014 11:26 AM

Whatever you have stated, they will most likely provide. What else do you want?

Mobile allowance? Yes
Dental? Yes
Lovely pantry? Yes

samantha_wong 30-11-2014 04:40 PM

benefits of PWC

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elena (Post 59453)
Whatever you have stated, they will most likely provide. What else do you want?

Mobile allowance? Yes
Dental? Yes
Lovely pantry? Yes

I heard that PWC has a marvellous gym on their premises - free of cost to all staff.

George 05-12-2014 10:38 AM

joining KPMG soon

Hi,
I will be joining KPMG Singapore on 08-Dec. What can I expect on the first weak at work? Can someone tell me about their induction/training that every new staff needs to undergo. In some comapnies, induction is done twice a year. What about KPMG?
Thanks for letting me know.

George

Unregistered 05-12-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George (Post 59708)
Hi,
I will be joining KPMG Singapore on 08-Dec. What can I expect on the first weak at work? Can someone tell me about their induction/training that every new staff needs to undergo. In some comapnies, induction is done twice a year. What about KPMG?
Thanks for letting me know.

George

What level are you joining at?

For Partners & above usually there will be a HR Manager in charge and she will walk through with you the overall induction plan and arrange the key local business stakeholders sessions for you. For regional/global roles someone from hub will also contact you to make arrangements on videocon / physical overseas engagement sessions.

For Directors and below, HR will just spend 15min on a group session with whoever also joining that day at the start go through some basic procedures and leave you with your department. Then really is up to how your department care, but most of them IMO quite disorganized or too busy so don't expect to be be led step by step.

There will be emails sent by HR to you to attend all sorts of compulsory sessions and e-learning in the next 6 months. AFAIK no fixed dates, so just sit back and work and when the invite comes accept and report on the stipulated time.