singapore scoll principals pay? - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

singapore scoll principals pay?

Old 11-10-2014, 01:06 PM

babawhitesheep is on a distinguished road
Default singapore scoll principals pay?

Hey was wondering if anybdy knws hw much principals in sg schools are paid..they really seem to earn alot.for eg. My pri sch principal seems quite rich..single earner and lives in a penthouse in bukit timah.then my sec school principal drives a merc and yeah..u get the idea.. So was wondering how much they earn? Thankss

Old 11-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

learn how to use google before thinking about becoming a principal.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by babawhitesheep View Post
Hey was wondering if anybdy knws hw much principals in sg schools are paid..they really seem to earn alot.for eg. My pri sch principal seems quite rich..single earner and lives in a penthouse in bukit timah.then my sec school principal drives a merc and yeah..u get the idea.. So was wondering how much they earn? Thankss
Every industry have people who does well.Just becos u see the outward portrayal of wealth like luxury cars or homes do not necessarily mean they r doing well financially.I am just a ordinary school teacher who drives a Merc...would u conclude teachers r paid well too?To each his own..some principals drive ordinary 1.6L Jap cars too.In fact many of them....Be happy with what u have and compare less....

Old 12-10-2014, 12:52 AM

babawhitesheep is on a distinguished road

Nooo..omg dont get the wrong idea..i was just wondering and being curious about how much they earn...bcause their job doesnt seem so lavish Lke some high end ceo or manager...nope im not envying them..ya im really contented with what i have and i aint complaining abt what i have..jus curious bcause it just seems like they earn alot..
Old 12-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

Your statement/query: "they really seem to earn a lot" is too general.

You must define what "is a lot" to you.

For some people, $10k a month is a lot, but many here will sneer at such low salaries.

So what "is a lot" to you?

But just to help you out a little, not all school principals are superscale. Those not on superscale grade will hit a ceiling of about $15k a month, and with 5 - 6 months bonuses including the 13th month, their annual package can come up to $270k a year. Is that a lot?

For superscale principals, their annual pay packages can cross over $300k a year.

I know many people in the finance/banking industries will be laughing at this kind of pay. It is probably what a junior guy earns after 5 years.

Many people who are successful tend to marry similarly successful people. So you can imagine for a 2-graduate, dual income, professional family, their combined income can hit upwards of $400k - $500k a year. These "power" couples can easily buy condos and BMs and what not.

I know because I am in a such a situation, but then again, people in the finance/banking industries said our income was chicken feed.

It is all relative, at the end of the day.

Quote:
Nooo..omg dont get the wrong idea..i was just wondering and being curious about how much they earn...bcause their job doesnt seem so lavish Lke some high end ceo or manager...nope im not envying them..ya im really contented with what i have and i aint complaining abt what i have..jus curious bcause it just seems like they earn alot..
Old 12-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

yup, chicken feed indeed. those in finance earn at least $2m a year. thats for one person. so a couple in finance can earn $4m a year. so merc and bm no big deal for them. most buy ferraris and lin in nassim GCB.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yup, chicken feed indeed. those in finance earn at least $2m a year. thats for one person. so a couple in finance can earn $4m a year. so merc and bm no big deal for them. most buy ferraris and lin in nassim GCB.
This is true. the only way for the jealous engineers to be as rich is to get out of their comfort zone and be entrepreneurs. They can set up a start up and revolunise the world with new technologies. But then again, they are engineers not entrepreneurs. These rich wannabes just watch the world pass them and keep complaining in forums. Cowards.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

LOL, lots of grapes turned sour.

Always talking about what others earn etc... but never once about themselves.

Quote:
This is true. the only way for the jealous engineers to be as rich is to get out of their comfort zone and be entrepreneurs. They can set up a start up and revolunise the world with new technologies. But then again, they are engineers not entrepreneurs. These rich wannabes just watch the world pass them and keep complaining in forums. Cowards.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Yah I'm 28 years old and I earn 20k per month and drive a Lambo. Banking is the best industry in the world. I feel sad for those working in other industries.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I see.I won't say a lot but depends on seniority as principals should be a comfortable low five figures basic for such positions.I believe many of them find meaning in what they do and hence comparing to top bankers and other professionals is not direct comparison.Can they live relatively well here? Yes I believe they can.Even graduate couple classroom teachers with number of years of experience can earn 5 figures combined.A 1.5 jap car plus a 3 or 4 rm HDB flat should be attainable.Some of course stretch further and live in executive or mass mkt condos.can be done esp with prudent investment working hard for them.